video

that was fun while it lasted!

woncoolone

quality posts: 1177 Private Messages woncoolone

Bon Home Page
with a video

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Not so useful for those who do have a dishwasher already.

It is useful for those who don't have one and also don't have the patience for nature to dry your dishes naturally.

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

This thing melted my dog's water bowl. That sad little chocolate lab face she gave me killed me when I set the new one down. I swear she knew something was different....advise against...or feel wrath of the sad puppy face

edit: Forgot to add I tossed it before I called to see if I received a defective unit. Regardless of a defective unit or not, it was unacceptable on a first run.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Chabma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chabma

Its not about patience....It's about water spots/streaks and not having to use a towel to hand dry everything

Susan11125

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Susan11125

I'm all for appliances/tools that make life easier, but this thing seems like a lot of money for a 5.00 dishrack, not to mention a waste of energy.

Love Woot!

noahsmybro

quality posts: 6 Private Messages noahsmybro

This seems pretty silly to me.

I'm pretty sure I've got no need for something like this, but for anybody that may be interested, the same item appears to be priced at twice as much over at Amazon (sold by Chefs Catalog) - Amazon Link.

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

what a waste of energy. come on woot please don't offer such un-green products.

Jayrod521

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jayrod521

Seems kiiinda neat, except for being a big loss of counter space.

We have a dishwasher, but our Calphalon pots and pans and our knives are hand-wash only, plus we hand wash all the big baking dishes, bowls, etc. to save space.

Everything just sits on a towel on the counter overnight til we put em away, and that works just great!

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

I got this for my mom and she LOVE's it. I have had guest come over and they all want one now. It is one of those items that you think is dumb, but you really use it daily. Cut's back on the dishwasher for small meals and drys plate quickly. I have no problems and I would highly recommend this product. If you are on the bubble and have the space, it is a good buy.

jasonf1984

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jasonf1984

I bought one of these from a previous woot and I have to say it was a great investment! My wife is very happy with it. It cuts the dishes cleaning in half I expected it to make the kitchen hot but you really can't feel any heat at all. I pack this thing as high and tight as I can and it still dries them. It is a great buy for those of us that are to poor for a dishwasher.

jasonf1984

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jasonf1984
spacemart wrote:what a waste of energy. come on woot please don't offer such un-green products.

Don't take this for disrespect but I beg to differ compared to a dishwasher this thing is a energy sipper.

obob

quality posts: 6 Private Messages obob

I was expecting something, somewhere, to say that there's an auto-shut-off timer. But I didn't find any. Does the thing just run forever until you remember to turn it off?

what, Me, sig?

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

I bought it and haven't broke it open but it was $10 more last time on Woot.

Wish I could tell you more about it. My children did the platters by hand this T Day and I should have had it set up, ready to go.

I priced it out back then, about a month or so ago and Woot has it well priced even at $60 plus ship.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

clumpymold

quality posts: 4 Private Messages clumpymold

People on here tend to think that the majority of people buying this item have full kitchens with dishwashers. I, on the other hand, have some makeshift kitchen (I use portable electric grills), have no dishwasher (or the space for one) and, because it's so chilly here, the dishes I let air dry, take overnight to dry. It would be great to have them dried in 10 minutes.

Sadly, this thing is about 1-2" too wide for the space I have available. Otherwise, I'd be all over this.

MichXelle

Jayrod521 wrote:Seems kiiinda neat, except for being a big loss of counter space.

We have a dishwasher, but our Calphalon pots and pans and our knives are hand-wash only, plus we hand wash all the big baking dishes, bowls, etc. to save space.

Everything just sits on a towel on the counter overnight til we put em away, and that works just great!

I put my dishrack for platters, bowls or pots away after usage, dried off, right under the sink. I have plenty of counter space, I just don't want to look at them sitting there when not in use,. Thats always an option.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

clumpymold wrote:People on here tend to think that the majority of people buying this item have full kitchens with dishwashers. I, on the other hand, have some makeshift kitchen (I use portable electric grills), have no dishwasher (or the space for one) and, because it's so chilly here, the dishes I let air dry, take overnight to dry. It would be great to have them dried in 10 minutes.

Sadly, this thing is about 1-2" too wide for the space I have available. Otherwise, I'd be all over this.

I don't assume anyone has anything. I have a daughter in her own place closer to work and another relative both with very small galley kitchens, not much counterspace and no dishwasher for each. Do you have a small tabletop to use for a couple of hrs (whooooops, the video said 10 minutes drying time) if that, as this would dry your dishes much faster?

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

How does this work drying large pots and pans? I see only dishes being dried.

www.howlingdead.com

people2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages people2
obob wrote:I was expecting something, somewhere, to say that there's an auto-shut-off timer. But I didn't find any. Does the thing just run forever until you remember to turn it off?

Yes there is an on/off button. When turned on to dry the timer last 10min. But you can stop it anytime.

obob

quality posts: 6 Private Messages obob
people2 wrote:Yes there is an on/off button. When turned on to dry the timer last 10min. But you can stop it anytime.

The linked user manual does not state this, and the Woot description does not state this. Please cite your source. Did you buy one?

what, Me, sig?

misterducky

quality posts: 3 Private Messages misterducky

I ordered this when it was first on home.woot, and I can say it's a good purchase. It's spacious and it dries things well. As for those who say it's about impatience, no. It's about convenience. If I'm doing a lot of dishes, it's inconvenient for me to have to wait thirty minutes for one set to dry.

If you don't have a dish washer, and you have the counter space, get it. Worth the money.

cmacdcz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmacdcz

According to Amazon comments, it shuts off after 15 minutes.

misterducky

quality posts: 3 Private Messages misterducky
skywarrior3 wrote:How does this work drying large pots and pans? I see only dishes being dried.

It works pretty well. I have a large calphelon pot, and it dried it very well. The racks are removable, so you can place very large items.

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Moving air is more effective in drying than just heated air. Having air movement will consume less energy compared to heat, but it would be louder such as a computer fan.

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
Woot Tang Clan wrote:Moving air is more effective in drying than just heated air. Having air movement will consume less energy compared to heat, but it would be louder such as a computer fan.

I just something that we all got one of or at least I hope yall do , it is called a Dish towel. They work wonders and they dont cost nothing to operate, except some Elbow grease lol. I just love My Dish Towel Dryer Model . . Very Cost effective

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

CowBear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CowBear

It's $10 cheaper than before so I overpaid.

jerrybign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrybign

Its simply amaaaaazing what people will spend money on, and this is a prime example!!!

REALLY? WOW!!!!!

I've been shaking my head for so long, I'm getting dizzy.

/12/2006 Random scaffolding 1 blog discuss
20409570 6/13/2006 Straight Line Laser Level 2-Pack 2 blog discuss
20400974 6/9/2006 Rio Forge 512MB MP3 Player 1 blog discuss
20387700 6/8/2006 Rio Forge 128MB MP3 Player 20597732 9/12/2006 Logitech X-120 2 Piece Multimedia Speakers - 2 Pack 1 blog discuss
20544157 8/18/2006 SanDisk 256 MB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder

nottafinga

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nottafinga

Anyone know if the heated platform is safe for items that you would normally put in the top rack of a dishwasher (e.g., plastic cups, bowls, and utensils)?

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
jerrybign wrote:Its simply amaaaaazing what people will spend money on, and this is a prime example!!!

REALLY? WOW!!!!!

I've been shaking my head for so long, I'm getting dizzy.

I agree withyou Jerry. LOL . Dont feel bad I gotten dizzy to. from shaking my head . Besides if you want your dishes dried with Hot air just use the blowdryer lol. A Great Multitasker lol .

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

figgers3036

quality posts: 4 Private Messages figgers3036

I snagged it, I'll admit.

I live on my own and it takes me awhile to fill the dishwasher enough to actually want to run the thing without feeling like it's a giant waste. However, I find I go through glasses quickly and end up having to take a few out of the dishwasher and clean them manually. But with this, now for all those times when I don't use too many dishes or didn't really dirty too much, I can really quickly wash the dishes, put them on here, and once I'm done cleaning up the rest of the meal the dishes are already dry and ready to be put away. I enjoy it, and I can see for bigger families where there may be more non-dishwasher safe dishes, this could also come in handy.

mefmichel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mefmichel

for those of you that have bought this - how hard is it to clean? There's nothing worse than putting clean dishes on a dirty dish rack.

naprusze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naprusze

Here in the south, over time, we get mildew buildup on the regular dish rack. Has anyone noticed if the heated dish rack prevents mildew?

sbdb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbdb

Let's see if I got this straight.

A person has the presence of mind and physical energy to clear the table, scrape off the plates, run the sink full of dishwater and wash the dishes.

But then, something really weird happens - he becomes mentally and physically incapable of picking up a dish towel and drying the dishes.

And that's when this WOOT offering takes over.

Right?

Sounds like this thing is a $50 dish towel, to me.

RogerDucky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RogerDucky

Heated dish racks are really designed for places with high humidity, where, if the dishes were left to themselves, will take hours to dry and possibly grow mold.

naprusze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naprusze
RogerDucky wrote:Heated dish racks are really designed for places with high humidity, where, if the dishes were left to themselves, will take hours to dry and possibly grow mold.

Thanks Roger. That's all I needed to hear.
SOLD 1 MORE

arosadojr87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arosadojr87

So I can pay $50 bucks for a dish rack that dries my plates OR I can pay $10 bucks for a dishrack that doesn't dry my plates....hmmm which to choose...I think I'll stick to my $10 dollar dish rack

coyhaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coyhaven

This isnt about being lazy and not drying your dishes with a towel-your dishes have more germs on them if you do that over letting them air dry. At leat that is what they told my daughter in Culinary School!

sorcha72

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sorcha72

It's Free Shipping Day, come on Woot get with the program! I have $50 to spend and could use this item as I am among the diswasherless, but that $5 shipping puts me over budget. If I hadn't bought the garment steamer yesterday I would be in for one.

HikingStick

quality posts: 6 Private Messages HikingStick
Susan11125 wrote:I'm all for appliances/tools that make life easier, but this thing seems like a lot of money for a 5.00 dishrack, not to mention a waste of energy.

We have a large family, and that means a lot of dishes. We often have to dry a full rack before we can wash the second half of the dishes. If this thing dries them as quickly as it claims, we could have someone putting away the first half while getting started on the second half, cutting our dishwashing time down significantly.

If I were not currently unemployed, I'd buy one (or perhaps two) of these.

HikingStick
Blessings Of Commerce> Seven!
Woots> 36 and counting!
Sellout Woots> Eight.
Shirt Woots> Two (BoCarrots, The Raven).
Kids Woots> Eight.