WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Life+Gear Auto Glow Rechargeable Flashlight/Emergency Flasher - 2 Pack

Speed to First Woot:
1m 33.000s
First Sucker:
pcsdsgt69
Last Wooter to Woot:
cesmithrn
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 33% of Home Woots
Top 43% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 3% of Home Woots
Top 8% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 4% first woot
  • 6% second woot
  • 31% < 10 woots
  • 26% < 25 woots
  • 34% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 27% one year old
  • 69% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 35% bought 1
  • 22% bought 2
  • 44% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

13%
5%
4%
2%
3%
5%
8%
11%
12%
9%
6%
4%
3%
2%
2%
1%
1%
1%
1%
1%
1%
2%
1%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



Cloudscout


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cloudscout

If you're not sure whether or not you need one of these, I suggest referring to the discussion in progress on Deals.Woot:

http://deals.woot.com/questions/details/ab478dcb-5227-4b5b-a3d8-d34a8656fbf3/is-there-such-a-thing-as-too-many-flashlights

CowboyDann


quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann
Cloudscout wrote:If you're not sure whether or not you need one of these, I suggest referring to the discussion in progress on Deals.Woot:

http://deals.woot.com/questions/details/ab478dcb-5227-4b5b-a3d8-d34a8656fbf3/is-there-such-a-thing-as-too-many-flashlights



I was just thinking about you when I saw this deal pop up. Seriously these are great to keep in the trunk of a car in case of an emergency. Well...Flashlights are always great to have around in case of any emergency but it looks like you could flag someone down pretty easily with the red ones... Or maybe road flares? I dunno.

Flashlights are also great for camping
Oh and solving mysteries
Oh and telling scary stories
Oh and shadow puppets

Shoot there are a lot of things flashlights are great for.

Edit: And then I read the writeup for this article. Great minds think alike I guess...

Turc


quality posts: 12 Private Messages Turc

Looks like a flesh colored light... Where have I heard something like that before? Hmm...

TheLarch


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheLarch

I'll be honest here: I didn't see 'Flashlight' when I first glanced at the image...

Current Stats: 11 Woots (4 Box O.C.) and 39 Shirt.Woots

tesla33


quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33

One important thing to remember about NiMH batteries (except for Eneloop and similar advanced NiMH batteries, which this almost certainly doesn't use): they have the highest self-discharge rate of any commonly available battery . That means if you want this light to be ready to use, you have to keep recharging it every one to four weeks, even if not used at all, depending on the quality of the batteries and the temp in the vehicle. I doubt that many people are willing to (or would remember) to do that...

whatsamattaU


quality posts: 1062 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I'm guessing I froogled this correctly, cheapest $8.24 before shipping for 1 (vs. $4.99 for 2 + shipping $5 here)

whatsamattaU


quality posts: 1062 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Product website: $8.99, see more pictures
http://lifegear.com/auto/cl.aspx

nastyducky


quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

They look good enough to eat!

curtisuxor


quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

While the lack of reviews makes me pensive, these are going to be stocking-stuffers for others.

Well, maybe one for myself.

lingolwl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lingolwl

Ohh Been trying to find one of these for my car. I like that it's rechargeable. Hate carrying batteries around lol.

Bought one of these on Amazon. Looks cute, but light's not strong enough for me

zzzaap


quality posts: 51 Private Messages zzzaap

How long does the battery live for when not in use for long periods of time?

I've had bad experiences with regular flashlights during blackouts.

thisniss


quality posts: 3 Private Messages thisniss

Well, I don't really care too much about the product here, but the "quality post" synopses are turning me on. Punny!

calebmitchell


quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Oh, Woot. How I love thee and your terrible quality post puns. You certainly come up with those in a flash.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

calebmitchell wrote:Oh, Woot. How I love thee and your terrible quality post puns. You certainly come up with those in a flash.

Ooooh, I was hunting for another word! Thanks!

bnbsouthworth


quality posts: 54 Private Messages bnbsouthworth
TheLarch wrote:I'll be honest here: I didn't see 'Flashlight' when I first glanced at the image...



I came here to post the exact same thing. Thought home.woot was taking a foray into adult toys.

skywarrior3


quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

Free replacement batteries for life? Wow, that's a good deal. Just try that with Apple and your iPod.

www.howlingdead.com

tesla33


quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33
zzzaap wrote:How long does the battery live for when not in use for long periods of time?

I've had bad experiences with regular flashlights during blackouts.



Hard to say. NiMH batteries tend to drop down to nearly discharged, then stay that way for months. If you want reliability, get a name brand flashlight and use either alkaline or lithium batteries in it. Those batteries will stay charged for years under normal conditions. LED lights last the longest, but usually with less light.

lwang


quality posts: 30 Private Messages lwang

I got 2 of the energizer rechargeable flashlight with car charger from Woot last time. I kept them plugged into my car's aux charger the whole time. One of the car charger later blew up and took the cig plug's fuse out, then I swapped to the other car charger, which eventually blew up too. Not sure if these things could be constantly charged.

jmbunkin


quality posts: 27 Private Messages jmbunkin
skywarrior3 wrote:Free replacement batteries for life? Wow, that's a good deal. Just try that with Apple and your iPod.



Would not be surprised if the s&h charges are more than the cost of the flashlight though.

theicom


quality posts: 1 Private Messages theicom

So what does it actually use?
Rechargeable or disposable batteries?
In one sentance it states rechargeable NiMh and then later disposabled AG 13's (with free replacements for life).

mkentosh


quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

I just bought 3 of these in JC Penny yesterday for $3.99 each

carpan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages carpan

I don't know I think I'll wait until woot! offers the Shake Light.

Shake Light in action.

Berg of Carp- 5/22/12, 3/22/12, 12/25/11, 12/6/11, 10/12/11, 9/14/11, 8/17/11, 7/12/11, 6/15/11, 4/1/11, 12/25/10, 12/1/10, 10/21/10

gusvonpooch


quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Maybe I missed it but does anyone know how big these are ? Hard to tell from the photos.

mike808


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

+1 for the shake light or Faraday flashlight.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/diamond_shake.htm
No batteries needed. And kids are an endless source of powering up the devices. Takes about 5 minutes of shaking to power the led to where it is bright enough to use.

Beware fake shake lights that are actually battery powered with a slug fir the 'magnet'. The give away is words like hybrid or replica or seller not knowing how these work.

I have some smaller clear ones for the bedside drawer for power outages andhave the glow-in-the-dark floating models for the cars and boats. They need to be in the sun for the glow-in-the-dark to work, though. If you need it to glow later that night, in a drawer or the trunk/under the seat won't help.

I liked the Diamond brand because they are sealed and they float and had the brightest LEDs available at the time. You get what you pay for in flashlights. I supplement these with small tactical cree LED flashlights with long runtime.

havingfunyet


quality posts: 2 Private Messages havingfunyet
bnbsouthworth wrote:I came here to post the exact same thing. Thought home.woot was taking a foray into adult toys.



me too, thought $4.99 was a good price and all set to order 3 until I realized these don't vibrate

mrfishwhiskers


quality posts: 11 Private Messages mrfishwhiskers

Wife says she would be in for 3 if it also vibrates...

tferoli


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tferoli

Wouldn't car.woot be a more appropriate place for this?

atkinson217


quality posts: 9 Private Messages atkinson217

Fragile and dim. I bought two of these from Sportsman's Warehouse over the summer for my kids to use on camping trips. They are FRAGILE. Treat carefully or the flashlight LED circuit board shorts out and you have a big flasher only. Also, they are not bright at all, even when using the flashlight part.

I do like that they recharge in a car's power port. They have two battery packs. You can only recharge one, the other consists of the replacable button batteries. I keep the busted one in the car to use as a (weak) flasher in an emergency. The magnetic base is nice.

In short, these are not built to be robust, so treat gently and don't expect much in the way of brightness.

dmeanea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmeanea

"can be recharged in your car’s lighter... unless the reason your car is not running is that it has a dead battery"

ckeem


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckeem

Wait... Woot sells sex toys?

Kuragari


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

It's a fleshlight? Oh no.. it's not...

cheneghan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheneghan

Wonder if these flashlights vibrate lol

susanrm


quality posts: 12 Private Messages susanrm

I had one like this (in silver), and I was very sad when it disappeared. Was looking for a replacement. Guess I found it.

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012, and now

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cheneghan wrote:Wonder if these flashlights vibrate lol

Maybe if you shake it hard enough.....

bdsmonkey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdsmonkey

please note that

www.lifegear.com

is the manufacture's website, but for the replacement batteries you will need to visit

www.my.lifegear.com

sdc100


quality posts: 497 Private Messages sdc100
mike808 wrote:+1 for the shake light or Faraday flashlight.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/diamond_shake.htm
No batteries needed. And kids are an endless source of powering up the devices. Takes about 5 minutes of shaking to power the led to where it is bright enough to use.

Beware fake shake lights that are actually battery powered with a slug fir the 'magnet'. The give away is words like hybrid or replica or seller not knowing how these work.

I have some smaller clear ones for the bedside drawer for power outages andhave the glow-in-the-dark floating models for the cars and boats. They need to be in the sun for the glow-in-the-dark to work, though. If you need it to glow later that night, in a drawer or the trunk/under the seat won't help.

I liked the Diamond brand because they are sealed and they float and had the brightest LEDs available at the time. You get what you pay for in flashlights. I supplement these with small tactical cree LED flashlights with long runtime.



While small, shake lights are incredibly inefficient. Very little of the energy you spend shaking is converted to electrical energy. A cranked dynamo flashlight is much more efficient in converting your mechanical movement to electricity. Try simulating the motions with your hand right now. You'll see that shaking involves moving your entire forearm whereas cranking requires only moving your wrist. Smaller muscles = less energy expenditure. Better yet, get a cranked light with a solar panel as backup.

sdc100


quality posts: 497 Private Messages sdc100
mike808 wrote:+1 for the shake light or Faraday flashlight.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/diamond_shake.htm
No batteries needed. And kids are an endless source of powering up the devices. Takes about 5 minutes of shaking to power the led to where it is bright enough to use.

Beware fake shake lights that are actually battery powered with a slug fir the 'magnet'. The give away is words like hybrid or replica or seller not knowing how these work.

I have some smaller clear ones for the bedside drawer for power outages andhave the glow-in-the-dark floating models for the cars and boats. They need to be in the sun for the glow-in-the-dark to work, though. If you need it to glow later that night, in a drawer or the trunk/under the seat won't help.

I liked the Diamond brand because they are sealed and they float and had the brightest LEDs available at the time. You get what you pay for in flashlights. I supplement these with small tactical cree LED flashlights with long runtime.



Why would you want a flashlight that only provides 5 minutes of usable light? That's what the review you linked indicates in the addendum.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sdc100 wrote:While small, shake lights are incredibly inefficient. Very little of the energy you spend shaking is converted to electrical energy. A cranked dynamo flashlight is much more efficient in converting your mechanical movement to electricity. Try simulating the motions with your hand right now. You'll see that shaking involves moving your entire forearm whereas cranking requires only moving your wrist. Smaller muscles = less energy expenditure. Better yet, get a cranked light with a solar panel as backup.



I didn't have any luck with the shake lights I bought either but boy howdy, they have strong magnets in them! I dare people in my office to lift it straight off my file cabinet - no sliding it.

jnevil


quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Life+Gear Auto Glow Rechargeable Flashlight/Emergency Flasher - 2 Pack has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING