4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

$67.24 + Shipping. Mostly positive reviews.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Sunbeam-S1400-Easy-Fill-Garment-Steamer/5169358/product.html

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

rmazenc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmazenc

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Sorry Woot, I think I have to correct you.

The "S" in S1400 actually stands for wattS. This is a 1400 watt steamer from everything I can find.

Edit: Well then I'll just go to bed in shame.
When I wake up I expect my leaderboard position in DW to go down a few pegs.

bethmbg

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bethmbg

I've used a garment steamer to easily steam off wallpaper - a miserable job made much easier with steam.

joenajera

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joenajera

I own a similar steamer and we use it every day. Very good price.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CowboyDann wrote:Sorry Woot, I think I have to correct you.

The "S" in S1400 actually stands for wattS. This is a 1400 watt steamer from everything I can find.

Checked with the team. They double & triple checked this. The box and the unit say 1500 watts.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis

I note that many of the reviews on amazon and overstock mention that the on/off switch is very fragile; in fact, quite a few reviews mention that the knob was broken when the unit arrived. Does anybody own this specific steamer, and can you speak to the durability of the switch?

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

I bought this a few woot!'s ago and have since thrown away my old iron. It was the first steamer I have ever tried and it has since been incoorporated into my morning routine. I'm an IT guy, shorts and a tee-shirt in the summer are normal attire and being single I don't exactly empty the dryer out and fold everything as I should. My shirts were always full of wrinkles and I would more often than not have the time to iron them as I wake up late and hustle to make my first appointment.

This steamer changed that all. Now I turn on the steamer, pull out a shirt from the dryer, go brush my teeth, then come back and spend about a minute taking all the wrinkles out of the shirt. It is so much easier than ironing. I have used it daily since it arrived from woot! with normal tap water and it has worked perfectly with no signs of slowing down.

In a nutshell, if you were like me and trying to decide to try a garment steamer for the first time, go for it. You shouldn't be disappointed with this Sunbeam model.

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

I bought this steamer on Woot last time it was offered. It's great. Heats up quickly, doesn't spit water, and is easy to clean. I suggest using filtered water as opposed to tap to keep it clean- it should last longer that way. Also, the stand collapses for easier storage. I was looking for a steamer at the time and the price couldn't be beat!

solidary121

quality posts: 7 Private Messages solidary121

How long is the hose?

theguruguys

leronis wrote:I note that many of the reviews on amazon and overstock mention that the on/off switch is very fragile; in fact, quite a few reviews mention that the knob was broken when the unit arrived. Does anybody own this specific steamer, and can you speak to the durability of the switch?

I use my foot to turn on/off the steamer every morning. After over 4 months it has shown no signs of being fragile or breaking.

theguruguys

solidary121 wrote:How long is the hose?

About 5'. Not much taller than the than the hanger when it is fully extended. The unit is light enough that if you plan to use to to steam drapery or such you could easily have someone hold it up while you reach the top.

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis
theguruguys wrote:I use my foot to turn on/off the steamer every morning. After over 4 months it has shown no signs of being fragile or breaking.

Well, that sounds like a resounding endorsement! :-D Thanks!

betagirl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages betagirl

Just earlier today I told my boyfriend that we would have to pick up a steamer next time it was on Woot...and then BAM!

In for one - will be eagerly awaiting for it to be shipped. :*

StudsMcgee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StudsMcgee

I just spent the past week fussing a storm up over 80's era wallpaper removal, using a couple of different spray mixture with scoring. I've had mixed results at best and most research on the internet suggests trying steaming next.

I think I'm going to give this a shot at this price.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

Okay - I live in a family with some issues with accident prone-ness (if that is a word). How dangerous are these for steam burns? Like is a steam burn possible but not probable, or likely if misused, etc? I a mom of boys. I need to know these things.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

Long live wrinkles....

jse1988

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jse1988

Thanks to the IT guys comment I am in for one! SAme ordeal for me too

lildetroitmama

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lildetroitmama

Have it. Works great!
Be sure you are not wearing the clothing when you are steaming with this unit. I have a nasty burn right now from doing that last week.

I wish I were joking....

But other than that operator error on my part, it really does work great!

lildetroitmama

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lildetroitmama
beck12 wrote:Okay - I live in a family with some issues with accident prone-ness (if that is a word). How dangerous are these for steam burns? Like is a steam burn possible but not probable, or likely if misused, etc? I a mom of boys. I need to know these things.

The steam is very hot, nursing nasty burns now due to my own stupidity. Although, if you have apprehensions...I would definitely keep it away from your boys.

alukan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alukan

I got this steamer when it was on woot last time. Really like it. Just used it the other day to get rid of some musty odors from some jackets that had been in the closet a long time.

Never had any problem with the dial. But I do think the way the hose sits in the cradle of the stand is pretty goofy. There's nothing that really holds it in place so the stiffness of the hose keeps twisting the handle out of the cradle.

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

Can this be mounted on your Roomba/Neato and steam clean the house?

blazer10777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazer10777
leronis wrote:I note that many of the reviews on amazon and overstock mention that the on/off switch is very fragile; in fact, quite a few reviews mention that the knob was broken when the unit arrived. Does anybody own this specific steamer, and can you speak to the durability of the switch?

I bought this same model on woot a few months back, and I love it. My switch works fine. I generally turn it on and off with my toes, since, you know, I'm lazy, and my foot is much closer to where the switch is anyway.

dctipton1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dctipton1

I have this -- when my wife and I got one as a gift, I was ready to move it directly to the garage sale pile, but my wife suggested we at least give it a try. I did, and it was a spiritual experience. Will not mimic crisp ironing but drops wrinkles with a pass of the magic steamer wand.

I have an overly stuffed sweater drawer -- and the wrinkles disappeared in a min or two - single slow passes across the wrinkled areas. Also great for those of us who want to get that second wear out your shirt before cleaning.

We recently replaced it, as after a few years, it stopped putting out steam. Before the toss however, I thought I would take a peek at its inner workings -- and I quickly located a small rubber like reservoir that was packed with water minerals. Washed that out, and bam, good as new.

RECOMMENDATION- only use distilled water with steamers or you will need likewise clean it out eventually (or toss)

ruadork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruadork

I'm good about getting clothes out of the dryer right away, but I hate ironing. What's the likelihood of this smoothing out wrinkles on khakis or a button-down shirt directly from the dryer? I don't need a crisp look with creases.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

Saves me a good bit of money on dry cleaning and washing my work clothes. I used to wash every week and dry clean once a month, now I wash every month and dry clean every few.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

rhps613

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhps613
theguruguys wrote:I bought this a few woot!'s ago and have since thrown away my old iron. It was the first steamer I have ever tried and it has since been incoorporated into my morning routine. I'm an IT guy, shorts and a tee-shirt in the summer are normal attire and being single I don't exactly empty the dryer out and fold everything as I should. My shirts were always full of wrinkles and I would more often than not have the time to iron them as I wake up late and hustle to make my first appointment.

This steamer changed that all. Now I turn on the steamer, pull out a shirt from the dryer, go brush my teeth, then come back and spend about a minute taking all the wrinkles out of the shirt. It is so much easier than ironing. I have used it daily since it arrived from woot! with normal tap water and it has worked perfectly with no signs of slowing down.

In a nutshell, if you were like me and trying to decide to try a garment steamer for the first time, go for it. You shouldn't be disappointed with this Sunbeam model.

One should use distilled water, due to some places having high mineral content it will build up inside.

isaiah3502

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isaiah3502
betagirl wrote:Just earlier today I told my boyfriend that we would have to pick up a steamer next time it was on Woot...and then BAM!

In for one - will be eagerly awaiting for it to be shipped. :*

I JUST told my husband this morning that I had to get online today and find a new steamer! Ours broke last week, and I'm completely lost (and wrinkly)! I hate ironing. SO excited to get this!!

vsatsang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vsatsang

Happy with this purchase. The only steamer I have owned, so nothing to compare to. But no complaints on the featureset.

Nice to haves:
1) I use for things other than garments (santitizing kitchen counters, etc.), so a conical "concentrated" output nozzle would have been nice.
2) The stand up bar is a little flimsy. Hasn't given way yet, but adding some more support would have been good.

adshahs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adshahs

I have this exact garment steamer. However...

I have never used it for clothes. I actually bought it with the intention of dual purpose use to remove wallpaper and steam garments.

I can't comment on it's effectiveness on garments, however, I removed all the wallpaper in my 2nd bathroom which was the original since 1987. This thing blew me away. With the use of a wallpaper perforater, and the copious amount of steam released from this unit, it was CAKE. Not a piece of cake, no, a WHOLE cake.

Things I noted, for the purpose of removed wallpaper, the hose was too short, but for garments, I'd imagine it was spot on. As for the power button, I didn't have any issues - it was turned on and off dozens of times during the renovation.

markhart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markhart

I have one of hese and it leaks water all over the floor every time we use it!

ilandgrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ilandgrl

I bought this the last time Woot had it and I LOVE it!! I use it every week on my work clothes. It's so much easier and faster to steam the wrinkles away than it was to drag the ironing board out... and especially on my blouses that have a lot of pleats in them and ruffles. Ironing those were a nightmare, now it's a breeze. And once you turn it on it is ready amazingly quick and it really does get the wrinkles out. This morning I hung my slacks over a wooden chair and quickly steamed them since I forgot to do it last night. It takes up practically no room at all to store away until the next time.

steviethev03

quality posts: 15 Private Messages steviethev03
ruadork wrote:I'm good about getting clothes out of the dryer right away, but I hate ironing. What's the likelihood of this smoothing out wrinkles on khakis or a button-down shirt directly from the dryer? I don't need a crisp look with creases.

Really good.

I started using steamers after working in a 'higher' end retail clothing store. They used them there to keep all the clothes looking perfect. You could usually steam an entire shipment of stuff in an hour. I used to iron ALL THE TIME, spending hours doing it on a Sunday night, getting all my shirts ready for the week.

Now, with a steamer, it takes me about 1-2 minutes tops to steam out wrinkles on just about anything.

Steamers work REALLY well on most synthetic fabrics. Cotton and Cotton blends make take a few more passes over to get all the wrinkles out, especially thicker weight fabrics - still WAY faster than ironing.

From my experience, it's almost always better (and more efficient) to steam from the INSIDE of the garment directing the steam through the fabric outward. For example: Button up all the buttons on a shirt, put the steamer inside the shirt through the bottom, and starting at the top near the collar, slowly drag the steamer out pointing the steam up and through the fabric. You want to keep the steamer head in contact with the fabric, so you're sort of holding it up with the steamer as you drag the head out. Repeat for remainining wrinkles.

(Steaming from the inside CAN increase the liklihood of steam burns although I've never had a problem so long as the steamer head is in contact with the fabric.)

steviethev03

markhart wrote:I have one of hese and it leaks water all over the floor every time we use it!

This was happening on mine too (different model than the one offered here.) Turned out that it needed a new o-ring on the screw-in drain plug. (easy find at any hardware store)

Not sure if that is applicable in your scenario, but thought I'd mention it.

steviethev03

Also, 1500 Watts is pretty decent amount of power for a steamer. Should handle just about anything you throw at it.

josephinegt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josephinegt

This steamer has been amazing - I love no longer needing to iron everything.

adrianwelsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrianwelsh

will this work on furniture? Particularly deodorizing and sanitizing?

zanybabe

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zanybabe

I bought this last December from Woot and completely forgot about it until today when I saw it again on home.woot. Saw online that Woot had shipped it. Went to the garage to investigate and sure enough the package was sitting there behind some stuff on a shelf. Someone in the family must have found it at the front door and put it there...Got to break it out today and test!

ecrocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecrocks

In for one. Ironing really damages my dress pants, hopefully this will be a faster and more effective solution.