SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I want a Wii. Or a PS3. Can't decide.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
SkekTek wrote:I want a Wii. Or a PS3. Can't decide.



I too am starting to want a wii. Never been much of a gamer, but it does look like fun. I also want to get a DS for myself so I can play with the kids.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Technology-BC-900-AlphaPower-Battery/dp/B00077AA5Q/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1207778820&sr=8-3

Anyone have any thoughts?

Still single, can't imagine why.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
FenStar wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Technology-BC-900-AlphaPower-Battery/dp/B00077AA5Q/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1207778820&sr=8-3

Anyone have any thoughts?



Looks like a good deal for what you get. Expensive, but the drain and recharge will save you on batteries in the long term. I'm all for it. Although I have an Energizer 8-battery charger that seems to work fine for half the cost, I only have 2500 mAh NiMH batteries from Energizer, not several different types.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
SkekTek wrote:Looks like a good deal for what you get. Expensive, but the drain and recharge will save you on batteries in the long term. I'm all for it. Although I have an Energizer 8-battery charger that seems to work fine for half the cost, I only have 2500 mAh NiMH batteries from Energizer, not several different types.

Well, I kind of have 1...2...3...4 battery chargers. (I may have a 5th somewhere as well) But they are just 2 energizer ones, plus a rayovac, and a no name that I wouldn't trust with my batteries. I have the 2500mAH Energizer (x10) plus the IC3 Rayovac ones which wouldn't charge on this one I don't think. I LOVE my Energizers, I can take more photos than my card can hold. I have benn having some trouble with them (my dad put 3 NiHMs and a L-ion in a camera ) I think they are back to normal now, but I wouldn't mind having a nicer charger. The extra AAx4 and AAAx4 plus C and D converters means It really is only costing $15-20 for the charger, witch seems quite reasonable, though I have no idea how good the batteries are*. I guess, I just worry about my parents overcharging them or something, and it should extend their life.

*I would think they would live up to their 2000 mAh, in which case they would still be FAR better than alkaline, and good enough for what I need.

Still single, can't imagine why.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
FenStar wrote:Well, I kind of have 1...2...3...4 battery chargers. (I may have a 5th somewhere as well) But they are just 2 energizer ones, plus a rayovac, and a no name that I wouldn't trust with my batteries. I have the 2500mAH Energizer (x10) plus the IC3 Rayovac ones which wouldn't charge on this one I don't think. I LOVE my Energizers, I can take more photos than my card can hold. I have benn having some trouble with them (my dad put 3 NiHMs and a L-ion in a camera ) I think they are back to normal now, but I wouldn't mind having a nicer charger. The extra AAx4 and AAAx4 plus C and D converters means It really is only costing $15-20 for the charger, witch seems quite reasonable, though I have no idea how good the batteries are*. I guess, I just worry about my parents overcharging them or something, and it should extend their life.

*I would think they would live up to their 2000 mAh, in which case they would still be FAR better than alkaline, and good enough for what I need.



I've got an Energizer charger (it's huge), but I can do 2 9V's, four C's or D's, 8 AA's or 8 AAA's. Plus combinations of each. And has a nice blue readout on the top as to the level of charge if you put them in briefly. I've been meaning to buy another for NiCd's since the solar lights out front under the oak tree tend to slowly die out and never recover (though I juiced them up in an older -deceased- charger and they worked for almost a month). I buy the Energizers at Sam's Club, where you get 8 AA's and 4 AAA's for $20.

EDIT: I got the Energizers in lots of kids toys (I have no idea how many total we got but it's gotta be >25), my GPS and several other things, and thank God for that since they drain them quite a lot

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
SkekTek wrote:I've got an Energizer charger (it's huge), but I can do 2 9V's, four C's or D's, 8 AA's or 8 AAA's. Plus combinations of each. And has a nice blue readout on the top as to the level of charge if you put them in briefly. I've been meaning to buy another for NiCd's since the solar lights out front under the oak tree tend to slowly die out and never recover (though I juiced them up in an older -deceased- charger and they worked for almost a month). I buy the Energizers at Sam's Club, where you get 8 AA's and 4 AAA's for $20.

EDIT: I got the Energizers in lots of kids toys (I have no idea how many total we got but it's gotta be >25), my GPS and several other things, and thank God for that since they drain them quite a lot

Well, I never really use 9volts, or Cs or Ds for that matter. Do you think I should get it?

Still single, can't imagine why.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
FenStar wrote:Well, I never really use 9volts, or Cs or Ds for that matter. Do you think I should get it?



I'm all for it. If you have the money, it's a good deal to be able to charge any battery type...

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
SkekTek wrote:I'm all for it. If you have the money, it's a good deal to be able to charge any battery type...

OK! I'm going to get it, bt it turns out it won't be in stock for another 2 months, so I think I may buy this while I am waiting. Anyone ever used a hand/stick blender?

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
FenStar wrote:OK! I'm going to get it, bt it turns out it won't be in stock for another 2 months, so I think I may buy this while I am waiting. Anyone ever used a hand/stick blender?



I had a hand mixer once that you could use just one beater for, as to make milkshakes, et cetera. In fact, I was making a milkshake when something happened (still not sure what) and I had milkshake spread over myself and the entire kitchen. Probably operator error.


FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I am looking for a wireless optical mouse. Preferably one that runs on AA. I need it to have a scroll wheel. More buttons would be great. Needs to have good range. Anyone have any suggestions on a quality mouse? I'm thinking around $20 or so.

Still single, can't imagine why.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:I want a Wii. Or a PS3. Can't decide.



I love the Wii.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

From talking to family and friends, I'd choose the wii. btw, d-i-l got the wii fit for her birthday and the whole family's using it. I guess it has a little wii me on the screen that can be brutally honest.


dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

You guys are answering Skek's post from jan 4 2008

Hey Skek! What did you get? Did you like it?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:You guys are answering Skek's post from jan 4 2008

Hey Skek! What did you get? Did you like it?



L O L - I wondered where it came from.


SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Help!

I play indoor volleyball with this woman who is a hairdresser who will be turning 50 in April. I don't know her particularly well otherwise. I do know that she likes to play pool (as in billiards) during the rest of the week.

She has invited me to her "50th Birthday Party" and I said I would attend (She has no family other than her neice...everyone else is dead. No lie.)

I am looking to spend between $20-50. Can anyone help me with suggestions? Maybe along the billiards line of thought?

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
killingtime wrote:Help!

I play indoor volleyball with this woman who is a hairdresser who will be turning 50 in April. I don't know her particularly well otherwise. I do know that she likes to play pool (as in billiards) during the rest of the week.

She has invited me to her "50th Birthday Party" and I said I would attend (She has no family other than her neice...everyone else is dead. No lie.)

I am looking to spend between $20-50. Can anyone help me with suggestions? Maybe along the billiards line of thought?



How about one of these? the hoodie, not the guy.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
Josephus wrote:How about one of these? the hoodie, not the guy.



Heh. Something tells me she would prefer the guy.

I was thinking of something that lit up or was novelty-esque.

Maybe I should be thinking of something other than billiards?


mwiseman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman


No pool room is complete without an official Arthur Sarnoff "dogs playing pool" mirror based on the popular prints. This particular mirror features several different breeds lamenting the fact that "Jack The Ripper" paid them a visit. The mirror measures 19 1/4" wide by 14" tall.

"Jack The Ripper" Mirror $26.95

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
mwiseman wrote:
No pool room is complete without an official Arthur Sarnoff "dogs playing pool" mirror based on the popular prints. This particular mirror features several different breeds lamenting the fact that "Jack The Ripper" paid them a visit. The mirror measures 19 1/4" wide by 14" tall.

"Jack The Ripper" Mirror $26.95



I think she only lives in an apartment...and travels to play pool...so no pool room, I am afraid. Might look odd in the bedroom.;)

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
killingtime wrote:I think she only lives in an apartment...and travels to play pool...so no pool room, I am afraid. Might look odd in the bedroom.;)



Too bad, that seemed like a really good idea.


killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
pooflady wrote:Too bad, that seemed like a really good idea.



It 'twas...she's an Irish redhead...likes to drink...any other ideas?

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
killingtime wrote:It 'twas...she's an Irish redhead...likes to drink...any other ideas?



what kind of drink? beer wine or something harder?

personalized beer stein.

shot glasses.

something from the woot cellars. or something nicer, if you prefer.

JohnQ118


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118
stlwooter wrote:Gulls are birds — the larger species in particular — are resourceful and highly-intelligent birds...Gulls can be quite aggressive, taking food from a human's hand
Gulls can be quite aggressive, taking food from a human's hand, but recent research (Paton et al., 2003; Thomas et al., 2004; Paton & Baker, 2006) indicates that this is incorrect.



wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

nm, post removed.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

quahogwi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quahogwi
killingtime wrote:
I don't care about cost...well, unless it is like $500 or something.



Brand of coffee maker is less important than the method used to make the coffee.

Good coffee? Just about any good brand of drip or percolator will do the job just fine. (The water is heated and slowly spit into the filter basket to pass through the grounds)

Better coffee? Pour through style of the hour glass shape. (hot water is poured all at once into the filter cone to slowly pass through into the lower area)

Best coffee? Vacuum pot. (as water is heated it is pushed up into the top pot where the coffee grounds reside. As the vapor in the lower chamber cools it creates a lower pressure and draws the water down and through the grounds.)

Most overrated? and this is a personal opinion ... French Press. Makes good to better coffee, but ... cleanup is a pain and is not as free of residue from the grounds as some claim.

Most expensive per cup? Anything that uses pods (e.g. Senseo) or K-cups (e.g. Kurig) or other proprietary brewing style (e.g. Nespresso)

Other? The variety of machines for espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc are a world unto their own. Besides steaming/frothing milk, their primary difference is that they pump or pressurize the water through the grounds, which are typically dark/French/Italian type roasts.

My personal choice was a DeLonghi combo machine that has a drip style coffee maker and independent steam frother for those times when I want to take the latte or cappuccino path.

Hope this helps.