horsetrainer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages horsetrainer

There is no meat, dairy or egg product in animal crackers! So, if a vegan eats one, would they still be vegan?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
horsetrainer wrote:There is no meat, dairy or egg product in animal crackers! So, if a vegan eats one, would they still be vegan?

There are two possible answers, and it has less to do with whether or not you are a vegan, but rather why you are a vegan.

If you are a vegan because you don't eat anything with a face, or that came from something with a face, then, I suppose you are indeed in violation of your own policy.

Most vegans I know (not that I know a ton), are vegans for a combination of dietary restrictions (allergies or intolerances) and personal food preference reasons (nutrition, food production values, and texture/taste preferences). In this situation, the face of the animal cracker has no bearing on the philosophy of food products which they personally will consume. Therefore, the animal cracker is not specifically in violation of the reasons for which they are practicing veganism.

Beware the V'owls screech!

ayane605

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayane605

It might not be if you're vegan for religious reasons.
My boyfriend who's a Jain isn't allowed to eat wheat gluten that is labeled or is shaped in the likeness of meat. Such as Mock Duck or Mock chicken. It's a much greater crime than eating meat because you're trying to break/bend the rules.
LOL. Does cute animal crackers apply?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
ayane605 wrote:It might not be if you're vegan for religious reasons.
My boyfriend who's a Jain isn't allowed to eat wheat gluten that is labeled or is shaped in the likeness of meat. Such as Mock Duck or Mock chicken. It's a much greater crime than eating meat because you're trying to break/bend the rules.
LOL. Does cute animal crackers apply?

What is a Jain?
nevermind google says

Still single, can't imagine why.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Q: If vegans eat vegans are they still vegans or are they carnivores?

A: Neither; they're cannibals!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.