0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I know my girlfriend would have be Extremely Happy if I made her these for breakfast in bed one day.

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

I would buy this if it had awesome face.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

Unless there is bacon involved, it's not a happy breakfast. No matter what your pancakes look like.

Now, adding bacon to a pancake to make a smile - totally okay.

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

this pancake mold is hardly representative of the way i feel when i ordinarily eat pancakes! maybe i can wear one as a mask from 7am through noon?

ibisandjacquel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ibisandjacquel

This pan + can of Spam = creepy, creepy breakfast meat.

speedogirl2

quality posts: 28 Private Messages speedogirl2

Are you supposed to flip the pancakes over in this type of pan? It would seem one side wouldn't get the smiley impression or get cooked properly on one side?

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose
ibisandjacquel wrote:This pan + can of Spam = creepy, creepy breakfast meat.

Oh man. That's brilliant.

CowboyDann

ibisandjacquel wrote:This pan + can of Spam = creepy, creepy breakfast meat.

You are a disturbing individual.
I like it!

ibisandjacquel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ibisandjacquel
speedogirl2 wrote:Are you supposed to flip the pancakes over in this type of pan? It would seem one side wouldn't get the smiley impression.

That's the side that gets placed down on the plate.

WhiteRice0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WhiteRice0

My GF actually has one of these things, and it makes some decent pancakes (just takes a bit of getting used to having multiple little cakes on just one pan)

Now, if you just add some chocolate chips to the batter, then you're ready for breakfast.

lichme

quality posts: 3005 Private Messages lichme

What a nice fun way to make pancakes less boring. Now I don't have to make a smiley face using the maple syrup.

If anybody was wondering, these are made by Nordic Ware, and come in many different shapes and themes like this holiday one.

jfe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jfe
CowboyDann wrote:I know my girlfriend would have a "Smiley Face" if I made her these for breakfast in bed one day.

That's the least you could do after a disappointing night :-D

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

Ive always had problems fliping the pancakes so maybe this will help and the fact that it makes funny faces is just a plus

Phillipc44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phillipc44

I was worried about what to get my mom for mother's day this year. Until I saw this. Perfect!

kkessler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kkessler

I have a similar pan with animal profiles and while it's cute for my daughter it's a total pain to flip the pancakes over. I've considered cooking the pancakes on one side and dumping the whole pan onto a normal flat griddle to cook the other side, but then that's 2 dirty pans! So yea, the stencil cooks into the pancake but it's a pain to flip them over.

chefalexander

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chefalexander
speedogirl2 wrote:Are you supposed to flip the pancakes over in this type of pan? It would seem one side wouldn't get the smiley impression or get cooked properly on one side?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Guess you either "brown" one side only or you are extremely careful when you flip it to get it right back in the circle...

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi

C'mon Woot... Tuesday 28Feb was Nat'l Pancake Day.

chefalexander

kkessler wrote:I have a similar pan with animal profiles and while it's cute for my daughter it's a total pain to flip the pancakes over. I've considered cooking the pancakes on one side and dumping the whole pan onto a normal flat griddle to cook the other side, but then that's 2 dirty pans! So yea, the stencil cooks into the pancake but it's a pain to flip them over.

..I'm thinking I may use chopsticks to flip mine...

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

I'm tempted to nab one of these for the sheer joy that it would be to cook a happy face.
In fact, depending on how long of a day I had, it might be even more satisfying to just let them burn.

chefalexander

fuzzycorgi wrote:C'mon Woot... Tuesday 28Feb was Nat'l Pancake Day.

...day late and a "silver dollar" short...!

barbiejb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbiejb
kkessler wrote:I have a similar pan with animal profiles and while it's cute for my daughter it's a total pain to flip the pancakes over. I've considered cooking the pancakes on one side and dumping the whole pan onto a normal flat griddle to cook the other side, but then that's 2 dirty pans! So yea, the stencil cooks into the pancake but it's a pain to flip them over.

I thought about all that AFTER I bought this. Oh well. I'll just figure it out as I go and have the griddle handy just in case. Thanks for the heads up

CowboyDann

jfe wrote:That's the least you could do after a disappointing night :-D

You know it!

tgall45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tgall45

Trying to resist but it's Nordicware. My favorite brand of bakeware (they have some unique bundt and muffin pans). Typically durable and easy to clean.

jesuitson

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jesuitson

Is this pan coated with Teflon? I would like to get it but Teflon is poisonous to my parrot.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jfe wrote:That's the least you could do after a disappointing night :-D

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kophia

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kophia

Can this be used with an IH burner?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fuzzycorgi wrote:C'mon Woot... Tuesday 28Feb was Nat'l Pancake Day.

Like we could get that right.....

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

snooty2toes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snooty2toes

Pretty underwhelming deal considering jcpenney has it for $22 and I can walk in and get it tomorrow ord have it shipped to store for free and it could be easily returned there...
http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/x6.aspx?deptid=58043&catid=58043&grptyp=PRD&itemid=16d8352

Beetle Breakfast

buckylarue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buckylarue

They are cute, but it does seem like they'd be a pain to try and flip and get the face on both sides. Think I'll stick with my Mickey Mouse waffle maker when I'm feeling whimsical for breakfast.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

The Scandinavians enjoy little pancakes made in such a pan. If you like the idea and are not interested in the faces, I suggest browsing for a 'plett pan'. These are not so difficult to make as one may think, and the result is simply delicious, especially with cloudberry jam!

dbuggr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dbuggr

These are tempting, but I don't know... I can never seem to get the right amount of batter into the pan for each individual pancake. This would just make that so min more difficult.

vladistov

Using the correct temperature, cooking spray or fat applied with a paper towel, and a chopstick to flip, you oughtn't have any trouble.

vladistov

dbuggr wrote:These are tempting, but I don't know... I can never seem to get the right amount of batter into the pan for each individual pancake. This would just make that so min more difficult.

Try using a small ice-cream scoop.

Nodwick

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Nodwick

If you want smilies or letters or whatever in your pancakes, just fill a squeeze bottle with batter, draw your image and let it cook for a while. Then pour more batter over your artistic expression. The batter from the squeeze bottle will cook longer and therefore be darker than the rest of the pancake. Ta-daaa!

Now, if you're a pancake maker of level 40 or higher, you might try Jim's Pancakes.

ajoohoo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ajoohoo

I suspect that making them like an omlette prevents teh flipping issue. Bake til half-2/3 done on the stovetop them put under the broiler for a minute or til brown then dump it on a plate.

potter412

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potter412

I'm sorry but the irony of the progression of faces is killing me. It tells a complete story.. right down to the O-face.

.. again, sorry, but i had to get that out

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

Arg! I don't understand why they would put a nonstick coating on cast iron. Properly seasoned cast iron is just as nonstick as the stupid coating, and not as toxic. Boo. I really wanted this.

potter412

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potter412
ThatPoshGirl wrote:Arg! I don't understand why they would put a nonstick coating on cast iron. Properly seasoned cast iron is just as nonstick as the stupid coating, and not as toxic. Boo. I really wanted this.

This pan is cast aluminum not cast iron.

meljenjon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meljenjon
vladistov wrote:The Scandinavians enjoy little pancakes made in such a pan. If you like the idea and are not interested in the faces, I suggest browsing for a 'plett pan'. These are not so difficult to make as one may think, and the result is simply delicious, especially with cloudberry jam!

Where does one find cloudberry jam in the US? I have never seen it outside of Finland.