Quality Posts

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

Again?

::sadface::

Previous Woot!, for reference.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

I like that they come with the plastic sheaths to keep your fingers safe in the knife drawer. Now If only I could keep my fingers safe on the cutting board...

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

These are really swell knives, I had no problem cutting through pineapple, watermelon, avocado and a technician's finger. All sliced like butter.

The only problem I have with this set is that you have to hold it up against the light to see if it's dirty.

garymooreca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages garymooreca

These are really great knives for the price. I was surprised with my prior set. I bought them for my rental cabin because they were cheap and so unusual, that I thought no one would "accidentally" take them home.Other cheaper knives won't cut a thing. These have started out nice and sharp.

robbysobby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbysobby

Can I have your cutting board?

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

Not for vegetarians...

MissouriMomma

geredeth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages geredeth

I kind of have to laugh that there are still people waiting on their orders, from the last time this was offered. Don't enjoy being a downer, but shouldn't those guys get first dibs on the new shipment?

As for the knives, while they might be sharp, I will share the other concerns about the pattern and having that get chipped. Unless these are only for fruits, which a tech finger isn't, then it seems like a bad idea. Granted I might be a bit more generous with my money if there was a better pattern instead of what they have.

brandonwardlaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brandonwardlaw
geredeth wrote: I might be a bit more generous with my money if there was a better pattern instead of what they have.

I'll concur with that.

But alas, by the looks of Woot's offerings these days, we'll all have to make do with Amazon's garbage.

Edit: Can we all agree that the state that turns brightest orange on the "Woot by State" map is officially the tackiest state in the union?

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

From the reviews that I've read, I'm sure that these are great knives, but I can't get past the animal prints. It seems to me like something you'd see the so-called "Real Housewives" use on their so-called "reality" show.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

I feel the band-aids woot coming on!!!

the1pony

quality posts: 6 Private Messages the1pony

I guess I'm a tacky person- I love the zebra print. I got the four piece set of these knives during a woot off a couple of months ago, and they're my favorite knives now. Just ordered this set to add to the collection, and I hope the four piece comes back around again so I can grab one more. They really are great.

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Here are some reviews over at QVC.

I love the color patterns!

lll0228

quality posts: 34 Private Messages lll0228

Best Valentine's Day present this year. I got the Red Polka Dot version of these knives for my lady. She needed new knives anyway and isn't super picky about quality like me, these will do perfectly; and they are certainly good enough, being Kuhn Rikon. At this price...it's a no-brainer.

These are surprisingly sharp, and would cut through soft tomatoes without any issue. And I know good knives, I use Shun and Berghoff personally at home. Not comparable in terms of build-quality (the handle is low-cost plastic, but no, it doesn't slip), but for the price, it's a phenomenal deal. After two months' of everyday cooking, there is no chipping either, not on the knife, not on the patterns.

aanders1

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aanders1

I'm so tempted to buy 3 sets. Then I can make 3 sets which each have all one item in each style.

Now I just need to figure out which 2 of my crazy friends should get these as future gifts.

Wonder if the vegetarian would freak out or laugh?

favorite woots:
Timex Clock Radio for Sansa and Sansa e260 4 gB**Kodak C813 Camera**iRiver 2 GB Clix**Gateway PC w/Quad Core Processor**Roomba 530**Kai Shun 2 Piece Knife Set***Tornado File Transfer**Ultrex 8 Piece Knife Set**Wowwee Dragonfly**Sharper Image Cooking Thermometer**AND MANY MORE!

aanders1

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aanders1

Okay, yeah, I did it and bought a set of each. I totally treat my knives like pets anyway...just so long as none of them actually sprout fur, because ew!

These might be some of the cheapest in the stable, but whatever. They'll be great to take anywhere I'm afraid of loosing them (camping, potlucks, caroling...) because at least when I look at someone murderously and say "HEY, THAT'S MY KNIFE!" they'll have trouble disputing that they also have the same tacky but unique taste I do. (Unless they're also wooters...because well, then tacky taste tends to stick...)

favorite woots:
Timex Clock Radio for Sansa and Sansa e260 4 gB**Kodak C813 Camera**iRiver 2 GB Clix**Gateway PC w/Quad Core Processor**Roomba 530**Kai Shun 2 Piece Knife Set***Tornado File Transfer**Ultrex 8 Piece Knife Set**Wowwee Dragonfly**Sharper Image Cooking Thermometer**AND MANY MORE!

ecue

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ecue

straight outta snookie's kitchen

NoodlesKnowles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NoodlesKnowles

they sell these in Marshalls and TJMAxx for next to nothing, different colors and patterns, and ones without patterns. They are decent knives, as good as a Farberware or Kitchen Aid brand.
Defnitely not as good as a Wustoff or Henckel real german knives.

• 8/29/09 1 Genie 1/2 HP Belt Drive GDO
  • 8/9/09 1 Maverick Remote BBQ Thermometer
  • 4-4-07 1 Zyxel Wireless Network Adapter
  • 4-1-07 1 Million Dollar scaffolding

ramengelion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramengelion

I'd buy these in a heartbeat if they didn't have that ridiculous pattern on them. I bet it gets in the way of telling if the knife dirty or chipped.

cellina

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cellina

I love these knives!! They look good and cut good. Only downside is often reminding the kids they are not toys!

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban
cellina wrote:I love these knives!! They look good and cut good. Only downside is often reminding the kids they are not toys!

That's a good point...no pun intended. These look like toys. And they are definitely NOT toys. I bought a set and kept them on my counter - they really are pretty. My grandkids spotted them right away and now I put them in a cabinet.

psychomuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychomuse

In answer to the question- "Can a knife be ugly?" Yes! Yes it can.

psychomuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychomuse
cellina wrote:I love these knives!! They look good and cut good. Only downside is often reminding the kids they are not toys!

I like to paint my knives like muppets and hang them from strings in the gameroom. (I wish they had a woot! on band-aids)

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

DANGER DANGER Will Robinson!!!!

Wooted the 4 RK knife set the first time. Besides the handles being a very cheap glossy plastic, they are very slippery and poorly designed. On the paring knife and smaller knife your hand could slip very easily forward on the blade. The handle shape is not safe, and the blades on the smaller knives are the same size as the handles. I have compared these to other cheap knives and better quality knives. So extreme caution is needed.
Otherwise, these are a novelty item and the novelty quickly wears off.

ozzallos

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ozzallos

The sharpness of the blade really isn't the problem, it's the steel holding that pattern. Consider these blades for light usage only (stealing souls should be fine) but anything heavier will create ugly wear patterns. Ours in pink only lasted about 2 years before usage took its toll on the coating.

traymaz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages traymaz

Bought these a couple months ago, I'm very happy with them, don't use the 2 smaller knives very much but love the larger ones, I actually prefer them over my "good" knives, hey, they're only $15.00 bucks I don't expect them to last forever!

anhaire

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anhaire

I bought these a couple of months ago and am very pleased with the purchase. Just remember to go into it with the right expectations. These will be sharp, decent knives that will cut things easily and look cute. They will not be knives that you lovingly sharpen, use forever, and pass on to your grandchildren.

W1tch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages W1tch
NoodlesKnowles wrote:they sell these in Marshalls and TJMAxx for next to nothing, different colors and patterns, and ones without patterns. They are decent knives, as good as a Farberware or Kitchen Aid brand.
Defnitely not as good as a Wustoff or Henckel real german knives.

I got a set of Farberware, similar to this set but in solid colors. Even though they look like better quality knives, with a nicer handle to begin with, they are mediocre at best when it comes to slicing. My polka dot knives with their cheap looking handle do an awesome job. I don't like the looks of the animal print ones but I'd definitely recommend in terms of performance and value.

Dadoboy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Dadoboy

I LOVE these knives! I got the Red Dot ones a while back

The handles seems like it could get slick, if your hands are wet/oiled, but I've never had a problem. I tend to be extra cautious when it comes to knives in general though. So be careful if your accident prone.

I did not hesitate to get this set. Just wish they had the zebra print in stock on the set I bought, or had the red dots today - then it would match what I got today. But I'm just glad to get the cleaver of this style.

halnwheels

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halnwheels
brandonwardlaw wrote:I'll concur with that.

But alas, by the looks of Woot's offerings these days, we'll all have to make do with Amazon's garbage.

Edit: Can we all agree that the state that turns brightest orange on the "Woot by State" map is officially the tackiest state in the union?

I'll concur with THAT!

jushag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jushag

Nothing says fine cutlery quite like zebra, leopard and giraffe markings.

halnwheels

ramengelion wrote:I'd buy these in a heartbeat if they didn't have that ridiculous pattern on them. I bet it gets in the way of telling if the knife dirty or chipped.

Don't worry, they say that it will wear off anyway! As for showing dirt, for some, it'll cut down on washing... ewwww.

sportzgirl916

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sportzgirl916

I love these knives!! I was hesitant at first but the price was right!! They cut great and feel wonderful. I love the plastic sheaves that also come with them.. I might buy more of these as gifts!

javajnkie

quality posts: 16 Private Messages javajnkie

I always hated "country cow"-themed kitchen. These will go perfectly with the jungle-theme I've been planning instead. Now to find a zebra pelt to use as a rug under my dining table, bambi's dad's head for wall decoration, and real ivory drawer pulls.

Now to wait patiently for the matching giraffe-print toaster and Ninja blender to show up here..

javajnkie

quality posts: 16 Private Messages javajnkie

To those who already own theae: Are the plastic sheaths opaque enough to hide the design?

shiframeir

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shiframeir

Ordering just for that sweet cutting board...

catkelly13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catkelly13

ordered the previous iteration, the red polka dots. they are the best knives i have ever had. super sharp, and the print does not chip or fade (i wash by hand, but the instructions said that you can put in dishwasher). highly recommend this

halnwheels

shiframeir wrote:Ordering just for that sweet cutting board...

you're such a kidder!

alpayton

quality posts: 15 Private Messages alpayton

I got these knives in griaffe and I got the other set that was offered in zebra. I *really* like them!! Previously there were some comments about the handles being cheap or slippery, but I have not found this to be a problem. I like this set because of the individual covers. I'm not sure if I will ever get around to using that mini cleaver though. It is very small and I can't figure out the best use for it.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

The giraffe would match the color I just painted my walls in the kitchen. I am going to get the Giraffe set.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.