surprisingwoman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages surprisingwoman

The Core Bamboo website calls this style "hourglass" and there are "luxe" shakers that are completely different. The hourglass don't seem to have that little strip of "metal" between the pieces though.

Hmmmm....

http://www.corebamboo.com/bamboo-entertainment/salt-and-pepper/8-hourglass-salt-and-pepper-mill-set.html

wunami

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wunami

Pandas are also dangerous due to their habit of gunning their way out after a meal.

surprisingwoman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages surprisingwoman

I am going to have to think about this. I bought the olive wood grinders off wine.woot a couple of weeks ago. They have been delivered but I am not home so I haven't seen them yet but I bet they are fabulous! I was going to get these for gifts but there is little as frustrating as a grinder that doesn't work. I have a bunch of core basket bowls in my gift closet these would pair nicely with but if they don't work then....

however, it is wedding season and I live in Utah where there are a LOT of weddings...

hmph...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

surprisingwoman wrote:I am going to have to think about this. I bought the olive wood grinders off wine.woot a couple of weeks ago. They have been delivered but I am not home so I haven't seen them yet but I bet they are fabulous! I was going to get these for gifts but there is little as frustrating as a grinder that doesn't work. I have a bunch of core basket bowls in my gift closet these would pair nicely with but if they don't work then....

however, it is wedding season and I live in Utah where there are a LOT of weddings...

hmph...

I think you just talked yourself into a circle. Want to try again.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
cmusicfan05 wrote:These definitely did not look like pepper mills at first glance from the main woot! page...

I was thinking the exact same thing ;o)

But I wanted to see if anyone else noticed before I posted.

For those missing what we're seeing...

Think Trojan brand.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

I am totally reminded of the Pepper Boy SNL skit:

http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=2745

www.howlingdead.com

dfunk29

quality posts: 50 Private Messages dfunk29

Yes, yes, yes to the Sea Salt! Here's a link to an image on the Core Bamboo website showing the Mill with pepper on one side and Sea Salt on the other. They are each Coarse, and then finely ground in the piles. This should clear it up, I hope. And by the way, these are $30 on the website!

Click on the picture below the main picture! No, not the first one! The second one!

eterion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eterion

How many of you thought this was something else at first glance?

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
eterion wrote:How many of you thought this was something else at first glance?

cmusicfan05 and me

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

The reason that you don't see many comments of "this could be used as something else" is obviously do to comments being modded. This too will probably get modded. But that's business.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
rage8767 wrote:WIFE LOVES THEM ;)

Well played, sir; well played.

soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34
rage8767 wrote:WIFE LOVES THEM ;)

Just, lol!

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Agreed, I sent a letter to service@.

ThunderThighs

Staff

polysorbate wrote:The reason that you don't see many comments of "this could be used as something else" is obviously do to comments being modded. This too will probably get modded. But that's business.

Actually (and I'm almost afraid to say this) I haven't deleted any posts from this thread and only one post at all since midnight when the new products went up for sale.

You are all quite a tame group this morning. Yeah, there's some innuendo but come on! Did you see those product pictures?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

syale00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages syale00

Why can't you use this as a salt gringer?

ThunderThighs

Staff

syale00 wrote:Why can't you use this as a salt gringer?

I assume you mean 'grinder'... please read the first page of comments. There are many posts about this. (You can.)

FORUM MODERATOR

jimmyd103

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimmyd103

woot! you just made my day! <3

namzaps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages namzaps

This is the most ridiculous looking chess set I've ever seen.

-JCH

jharsh67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jharsh67

I want to get two for pepper and two for salt. Anyone know if I can get four without placing two orders?

dealluva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dealluva

I LOVE these... just got 3...I would buy more but limit 3 per shipping.... now if woot lets me order more and keep the same shipping rate I'd get another 3!... so how about it woot... save me 5 bucks and put em all together?? hehe

ThunderThighs

Staff

jharsh67 wrote:I want to get two for pepper and two for salt. Anyone know if I can get four without placing two orders?

Nope, sorry. Thems the rules. Three per order per account.

FORUM MODERATOR

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002

PERFECT! in for two, one snow traditional to match my black pepper grinder and another as a gift.

THANKS WOOT, GREAT DEAL TODAY!!

I just keep buying more and more crap...

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002
jharsh67 wrote:I want to get two for pepper and two for salt. Anyone know if I can get four without placing two orders?

woot limits 3 per account, you can't place a second order without a second account

I just keep buying more and more crap...

dealluva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dealluva
ThunderThighs wrote:Nope, sorry. Thems the rules. Three per order per account.

awww shucks... only allowed to get 3 =(

ahacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahacker

I got three! With au natural you can't go wrong.

AJsAWiz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AJsAWiz
TehCaspia wrote:You're killing me Woot! What I really need is a salt grinder! (especially one this pretty!)

Made with ceramic grinding mechanism that can be used to grind both pepper and salt without corroding

StarlitAF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StarlitAF

These are the prettiest pepper mills I've ever seen in my life. =)

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
surprisingwoman wrote:I am going to have to think about this. I bought the olive wood grinders off wine.woot a couple of weeks ago. They have been delivered but I am not home so I haven't seen them yet but I bet they are fabulous! I was going to get these for gifts but there is little as frustrating as a grinder that doesn't work. I have a bunch of core basket bowls in my gift closet these would pair nicely with but if they don't work then....

hmph...

It would be cheaper for you to move to another state.

"Gift closet??????" Sheesh :-)

AlbinoMuntjac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AlbinoMuntjac

How red is the strawberry color? It almost looks orange with some red in it on my monitor.

luvche21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luvche21

The "Traditional Snow" would make a great replacement for a missing pawn in my giant chess set.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
StarlitAF wrote:These are the prettiest pepper mills I've ever seen in my life. =)

They're really bright and cheerful. At least from the picture, I've not seen them in person. (Unfortunately, none of the colors match my kitchen well enough to take a leap - more for all of you!)

I'm just hanging out, really.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

Score! I kept missing the olive wood grinders over at wine.woot! I've been shopping for grinders for 3 months and finding ceramic mechanisms in a wood material for under $30 is ridiculously hard.

In for a traditional in natural (pepper)
and a tradition in snow (salt)

For under $21 shipped.

Woot, I love you.

(I'm glad I got in earlier this morning, because both of those are sold out.)

chrisdd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisdd

In for 3! These, plus the animal print knives are going to make great gifts. And they're cheap enough to get one for me, too. :-)

leithmaria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leithmaria

I'm getting one in magenta and one in azure. If the colors end up being...less than desired I think I'm just going to spray paint over them, but hopefully the colors in the picture are true to life. Does anyone have any experience with Core Bamboo's colors?

MWPollard

quality posts: 15 Private Messages MWPollard

And Snow and Natural are gone from both styles...

Wow - I woot!ed so much my sig can't contain it all!

My page: http://www.MichaelPollard.org

zfrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zfrog

I wanted NATURAL, traditional or luxe, but OUT OF STOCK.

Oh well, will have to pass on this deal.

MWPollard

I got banana, magenta and azure, but will need to add some kind of indicator as to which is salt or pepper, maybe old-school S and P decals. Planning on Banana for salt, Azure for black pepper, Magenta for white/red pepper. All in Traditional, because I don't like cheesy metal bands.

I normally lean toward strawberry and lime, but both of those look really washed-out on these, and the only ones that do. If they were bright red and green, I'd have gotten them instead.

AlbinoMuntjac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AlbinoMuntjac
MWPollard wrote:I got banana, magenta and azure, but will need to add some kind of indicator as to which is salt or pepper, maybe old-school S and P decals. Planning on Banana for salt, Azure for black pepper, Magenta for white/red pepper. All in Traditional, because I don't like cheesy metal bands.

I normally lean toward strawberry and lime, but both of those look really washed-out on these, and the only ones that do. If they were bright red and green, I'd have gotten them instead.

I looked at the colors on the manufacturers website and they really seemed to cary depending on the otem. Some strawberry pieces looked somewhat orange (like these do) and others were a pretty vibrant red. I like that the lime looks a little washed out and went with that instead.

Tendara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tendara

In for one. I'm hoping this will work nicely for grinding up red pepper flakes. If not, I'm sure I'll find some other spice to throw in it.

MWPollard

Wanted the oft-recommended natural and white combo, but went with the bright colors since at least they're pretty...
Too bad they won't match anything, but that's about the only constant with my kitchen - nothing matches... And a lot was bought here - storage containers with blue-rimmed clear lids, storage containers with solid red lids, red rice cooker...