2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick

These look like they'd be useful for rice, barley, and large "pourables." Perhaps not so useful for spices...

zcbmarne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zcbmarne

From the photos it appears that the grip would be a bit uncomfortable.

maxis29

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maxis29

Count me in for 1. The black and silver will go great in my bachelor kitchen.

belowi

quality posts: 21 Private Messages belowi

$38.26 at Amazon with good reviews.

idalingi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idalingi

$38.26 for the black set on Amazon:
http://goo.gl/TK2nr

and $29.72 for the white set:
http://goo.gl/IieX4

ViolaineGray

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ViolaineGray

$27.99 at Sears:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00896833000P?sid=IDx20070921x00003h&srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=26-112090495-2

$49.99 at Kohls:

http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524892505742&pfx=pfx_shopcompare&cid=shopping7&mr:referralID=663d0010-6689-11e1-8e16-001b2166becc

The Kohls link has some reviews.

---
Turn your scars into stars.

jonkamp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jonkamp

Are these airtight?

leiyah

quality posts: 12 Private Messages leiyah

About $7 off Amazon's price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001FB6IGI/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1330927358&sr=8-1

Which is much cheaper than PolderOnline, who sells them for $40.

http://www.polderonline.com/product/119341.html

Too bad I don't need them. I like the look of the black set.

Woot: Some crap
Shirt.Woot: Some shirt crap
Kids.Woot: Some kids crap
Home.Woot: Finally bought some home crap

belowi

quality posts: 21 Private Messages belowi

Rather overpriced at Kohl's but with excellent reviews, which included the interesting statement that the largest container will fit a (5 lb?) bag of flour.

lichme

quality posts: 3107 Private Messages lichme

Here they are, direct from Polder - which offers a variety of kitchen gadgets

http://www.polder.com/kth-1246.html

They are visually appealing, however with the slim neck they don't look the easiest to clean if you plan on changing out the contents often.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Finally, home.woot sells something I want for my kitchen that isn't red. My wallet thanks you woot!

gizbot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gizbot

Per an Amazon review these are made of cheap looking plastic, which kills it for me.

hasopt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt

Are they stackable?

tongseila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tongseila

Is there a way to change colors after submitting an order?

christylw

quality posts: 6 Private Messages christylw

After reading reviews, these do not pour flour or sugar without a huge mess. I am going to have to pass since that is what I really need the canisters for. Bummer.

k3lit0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k3lit0

The action shot blew my mind. I thought they were the size of salt-shakers.

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1

I love the idea of these. I wonder if they would work well as pitchers for iced tea and such.

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tongseila wrote:Is there a way to change colors after submitting an order?

Yep, just email service@woot.com and they'll help you out. Include your order number, please.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

labrat0017

quality posts: 9 Private Messages labrat0017

These look cool, but right now I have all my dry goods in old one liter Nalgene bottles that I'm not supposed to use for liquids anymore because of BPA leaching. Maybe if I could actually see inside my cabinets enough to care what stuff looked like in there I would upgrade. Also, please tell me i'm not the only one who would not remember how long to cook the pasta and rice if I threw out the label?

GizzyNubalo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GizzyNubalo
labrat0017 wrote:Also, please tell me i'm not the only one who would not remember how long to cook the pasta and rice if I threw out the label?

I always cut the instructions off of the bag and, depending on what I'm storing it in, either stuff them down inside with the product or tape them to the bottom of the container.

TL;DR: No, you're not the only one. LOL

labrat0017

GizzyNubalo wrote:I always cut the instructions off of the bag and, depending on what I'm storing it in, either stuff them down inside with the product or tape them to the bottom of the container.

TL;DR: No, you're not the only one. LOL

I always cut off both the front label and the nutrition as well as instructions and tape them to my nalgenes using packing tape (it peels off if I switch foods)... but taping all that stuff to one of these sleek containers sort of ruins it, no? haha

brainchasm

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brainchasm

Meh.

More bamboo stuff plz.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

brainchasm wrote:Meh.

More bamboo stuff plz.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

soccerswil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soccerswil

I'm trying to figure out if these would work for cereal.

friarallie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages friarallie
christylw wrote:After reading reviews, these do not pour flour or sugar without a huge mess. I am going to have to pass since that is what I really need the canisters for. Bummer.

Thanks for pointing this out. I really wanted these for flour and sugar as well, so I'm glad you checked into it!

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
jonkamp wrote:Are these airtight?

With that easy pour feature, I doubt they are very airtight, not enough to store coffee beans, anyway.

anhaire

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anhaire

I was really excited about buying these until I read the Amazon reviews. Looks like they are messy, they don't pour small grains well, and the plastic is cheap. Oh well.

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

I like Snapwear sets from Target (or wherever) that have 4 containers. 1 large that holds a full tallest box of cereal, 2 mediums that hold 5 lb bags of sugar/flour, and a small that holds most sizes of snack foods like crackers or cookies.

The lids have rubber gaskets that seal well and pour pretty well. Due to rounded dome style of lid they dont stack.

I recently decanted my dry goods in the pantry after learning how pantry bugs live on the glue on cardboard packaging. No matter how clean your pantry is, every shopping trip brings in more cardboard and more pantry bugs hitch-hiking in to fight.
So I use Snapware/clones and Dollar Tree plastic containers with snap-top lids for a buck each. Any screwtop container will work - it doesn't have to be expensive.

friarallie wrote:Thanks for pointing this out. I really wanted these for flour and sugar as well, so I'm glad you checked into it!

eli2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eli2005

Just use quart and gallon Ball jars: they look good, last forever, are dishwasher safe and you can get replacement lids or more jars for cheap.

thanson63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages thanson63
labrat0017 wrote:These look cool, but right now I have all my dry goods in old one liter Nalgene bottles that I'm not supposed to use for liquids anymore because of BPA leaching. Maybe if I could actually see inside my cabinets enough to care what stuff looked like in there I would upgrade. Also, please tell me i'm not the only one who would not remember how long to cook the pasta and rice if I threw out the label?

You're not the only one!! Just last night, I made bowtie pasta out of my cannister and had no clue how long to cook it. I like the other ideas about taping cooking instuctions to the bottom!!

narutofanz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages narutofanz

great set for tea lovers: sugar, tea of choice and creamer/powdered milk, respectively in qt. of choice. Woot didn't help us save too much over amazon's price, but def a good find. Enjoy

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
thanson63 wrote:You're not the only one!! Just last night, I made bowtie pasta out of my cannister and had no clue how long to cook it. I like the other ideas about taping cooking instuctions to the bottom!!

That's a great idea, usually when I rehome stuff into things I forget too.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mcawsm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcawsm

KY is having NONE of these shenanigans. That, or we just don't need pourable canisters.

Stay strong my Bluegrass brothers and sisters.

bex8683

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bex8683
belowi wrote:Rather overpriced at Kohl's but with excellent reviews, which included the interesting statement that the largest container will fit a (5 lb?) bag of flour.

Who buys anything full price at Kohl's anyway?! Always wait for it to be on sale, and then use the coupon (and possibly get Kohl's cash back!). ;)

Thought about these, but then realized it's much more efficient to scoop the quantities I use of most things. (Plus, I can see myself pouring too fast and getting stuff ALL over....)

billyush

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billyush
belowi wrote:Rather overpriced at Kohl's but with excellent reviews, which included the interesting statement that the largest container will fit a (5 lb?) bag of flour.

Almost EVERYTHING is overpriced at KOHLS. I shop KOHLS a LOT...but, certainly NEVER buy anything there that is not on a good discount and then use at least one of the 20% off coupons after that.

labrat0017

this is a visual idea of how it would look if you were to just tape the info to the container. Still looks neat right? but, this would not work nicely with a spherical container. Just for the record, my tape-jobs are way messier.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Polder 3pc Pourable Canister Set has completely shipped.