Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

This deal "sucks" n'at!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Hey Woot! I think a LG snuck in while you weren't looking. I'll keep an eye on it while you find the Dyson to chase it out.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

First woot got rid of Roomba. I hope this isn't the death knell of Dyson.

robertashapiro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertashapiro

What's going on ? You guys ran out of Dyson Referbs? It comes with a "crevice tool" . There's a joke in there somewhere.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

Will this last longer than 5 minutes? The shark I bought off 1saleaday didn't

ugrasse2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2

Is this a bag I see?
http://sale.images.woot.com/LG_Kompressor__Vacuum8lvDetail.jpg

woncoolone

quality posts: 634 Private Messages woncoolone

[TT: Made it viewable]

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Froogle says cheapest is around 420 dollars

This is a NEW vacuum at a refurb price!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ugrasse2 wrote:Is this a bag I see?
http://sale.images.woot.com/LG_Kompressor__Vacuum8lvDetail.jpg

Bagless vacuum with a handy-dandy carry bag for all those accessories.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

silveri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silveri

While I'm sure this is a fine vacuum, it's a bit clunky & an inefficient use of space when compared to a Dyson DC14 from a design standpoint.

SinnFein

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SinnFein

I bought my wife the LG LUV200R for about this price and we are quite happy with it.

It's a lower model than this one.

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn

Looks very nice but my two Shark Navigator's are running fine and sucking big time.

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

Cyberjet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cyberjet

Think this would be a good purchase for a new home buyer with a dog? I mean, for 250....

Also I don't have a vacuum already, so I HAVE to buy something.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ask me what the batteries are for!

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Altirius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Altirius

Alright TT, what are the batteries for?

therealjrn

I wonder what the batteries are for?

thepacezoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepacezoo
ThunderThighs wrote:Ask me what the batteries are for!

Ok, What are the batteries for? Anything to do with "washing the shampoo out of my hair" on the other site?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Altirius wrote:Alright TT, what are the batteries for?

O M G! I am so glad you asked! I had to go hunting far and wide to finally find a description!

The batteries are for the RF Control:

From a distance
If you're trying to vacuum the house, you don't want to spend precious time going back and forth adjusting settings. The RF Control lets you adjust power and settings remotely controlled -- right from the Click 'N Go wand -- without going back to the base.

How cool is that? Yeah, maybe a little gimmicky.

dcpotts

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dcpotts

Ranks 3rd among Consumer Reports upright bagless. Excellent suction, excellent emissions.
The only dings were "good" tool air flow, "good" on noise, and "good" handling.
Better suction than Dyson D28 (the HumVee of vacuums), and significantly better suction than the "ball" Dysons. Excellent on pet hair.
Actually it has better suction than all of the tested bagless vacs.
It still suffers from the 1 major downfall of bagless, the cloud of dust when emptying.
Consumer Reports lists it as "recommended" and probably would have given it a "best buy" rating if it weren't for the $500 list price (which WOOT solves).
I almost replaced my (hated) Dyson D28 with this model. It was one of my 2 final choices.

therealjrn

ThunderThighs wrote:O M G! I am so glad you asked! I had to go hunting far and wide to finally find a description!

The batteries are for the RF Control:

From a distance
If you're trying to vacuum the house, you don't want to spend precious time going back and forth adjusting settings. The RF Control lets you adjust power and settings remotely controlled -- right from the Click 'N Go wand -- without going back to the base.

How cool is that? Yeah, maybe a little gimmicky.

Oh good, I was thinking it might be for the "mattress tool is a unique tool that rapidly pulsates to create intense vibration."

giggitty.

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910

what are the batteries for? lol

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

We like the Dyson we Wooted a lot, but I gotta say - this looks like a very, very good deal.

ThunderThighs

Staff

therealjrn wrote:Oh good, I was thinking it might be for the "mattress tool is a unique tool that rapidly pulsates to create intense vibration."

giggitty.

That would be my bed when the dog starts scratching. I always feel like I should put a quarter in the box when the bed stops vibrating.

[Only old timers like me will get this.]

thepacezoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepacezoo
ThunderThighs wrote:That would be my bed when the dog starts scratching. I always feel like I should put a quarter in the box when the bed stops vibrating.

I remember the quarter slots!!

therealjrn

ThunderThighs wrote:That would be my bed when the dog starts scratching. I always feel like I should put a quarter in the box when the bed stops vibrating.

When we were kids making the family trek out west to the Grand Canyon and Disneyland, we stayed in a motel that had "magic finger" beds. We spent all of Dad's quarters and thought the beds were awesome!

avante296

quality posts: 2 Private Messages avante296

Is it the same " KOMPRESSOR® " as on my Mercedes?))

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I'm really sleep deprived from work, but I'll do it anyway:
Product support page
http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-LuV400T
but I can't get you a direct link to the owner's manual. You'll have to go the page and click the java button. Specs are on that page, too.

Oh, and about the 25 cent motel bed as a game show clue:

Good night.

CosmicJester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CosmicJester

Wait, a vacuum cleaner on Woot and it's NOT a Dyson? error... does not compute...

banana1006

quality posts: 1 Private Messages banana1006

I have the animal version of this vacuum and hardwood floors and I can tell you that it sucks dog hair from about 6 inches away and can go several vacuumings without emptying the canister. Two words, awe some.

mconrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mconrad
banana1006 wrote:I have the animal version of this vacuum and hardwood floors and I can tell you that it sucks dog hair from about 6 inches away and can go several vacuumings without emptying the canister. Two words, awe some.

Does the beater bar turn off for use on hard floors?

nwhitemcse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nwhitemcse

Excellent vacuum if you own a dog that sheds. Prior to owning the Luv300 I had to empty the vacuum canister 3 times (vacuuming twice a week). With the LG, I can finish the entire house with room to spare in the canister and the dust cloud is minimal when you empty it.

enktwiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss

I don't care what any of the haters on here say, I have the ball version of this and... oh wait... this isn't a Dyson... oh, um, never mind.

mconrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mconrad
nwhitemcse wrote:Excellent vacuum if you own a dog that sheds. Prior to owning the Luv300 I had to empty the vacuum canister 3 times (vacuuming twice a week). With the LG, I can finish the entire house with room to spare in the canister and the dust cloud is minimal when you empty it.

And I assume this isn't because it's a crappy vaccuum and doesn't pick much up? ;-)

jimmyd103

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimmyd103

I own the LG LuV200T (a lesser model) and I love it. Please note that this thing is **heavy** at 22 lbs. It takes some effort to lift/move it.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

hmmmm... a bit more than wanting to spend on a vacuum that probably wont last me all that long... seems like a lot of parts to get lost / broken.

onefast450

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onefast450

I have this vac and am very happy with it, sucks better than my freinds dc25 animal

anhaire

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anhaire

I own this and I'm happy with the purchase. Its suction is quite good. It handles cat hair well (I have two). It has tons of attachments, which mostly sit in their fancy little bag in my closet, but they're cool if you like switching attachments every five minutes.

The one real drawback is that it's large and clunky. I don't have any problem lifting or moving it, but if you're not comfortable lifting around 30 pounds, that might be a problem.

billyush

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billyush

We are searching for a new vacuum....
of course---we have been looking at DYSON. Went into a "Farm and Fleet" store and handled (2) different DYSON ball machines...quite heavy and just didn't really like the feel of them.

This unit looks like a "good deal" regarding the over $400 price tag at retail on this.

But, I have to say---I have owned the very inexpensive HOOVER "Empower" and have been quite happy with it---owned it since 2006.

Between how happy we have been with that unit and all the looking we have done and the things we have read:::I think we are going with this unit next:

HOOVER WindTunnel® Pet Rewind™ Bagless Upright
$119.99 at Menards (delivered free to a store)
$126.99 on Amazon
Walmart should match the Menards price.

Happy sucking!

acaelia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acaelia

I own this vacuum, and while it does pick up very well, it is extremely heavy. I mean VERY heavy. It's a work out just to vacuum. It is also loud.