0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

• (12:02 PM, 4/23/2012) goatcrapp has a review.

etherium

quality posts: 23 Private Messages etherium

$350 at Amazon and Home Depot.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

This thing looks really awesome. I admit though at first when I saw it in the thumbnail over on woot that I thought it was a fish tank.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Haha, Bravo to the write-up author. Another masterpiece.

Also 12 square feet? This thing is bigger than the first picture lets on.

boatshoes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages boatshoes

Cool, but I'm not allowed to have nice things

Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years

imbalanced

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imbalanced

Whatever you do, DO NOT EAT THE APPLES.

ufffdah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ufffdah

Nice but Pricey for what you get. And it says pine boards, not even cedar. Pass.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" -Darwin

kellenb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellenb

Can I use this to grow illicit drugs?

rickbaron36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickbaron36

Dear Woot,
My birthday wish is that someday you would help me grow medicinal marij... I know that I am dreaming and it won't happen but only if it could?
Thank you,
Rick

bmel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bmel

I would have liked something like this! Sadly I have no place to put it..

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
CowboyDann wrote:Haha, Bravo to the write-up author. Another masterpiece.

Also 12 square feet? This thing is bigger than the first picture lets on.

3x4 foot is not that much planting room especially for this price. You could make a better one for less than $100.

DigMe

quality posts: 23 Private Messages DigMe

If you look at the picture you can see that the rear is a portal into an alternate universe.

diam5825

quality posts: 1 Private Messages diam5825

I've been eying this from Amazon and Home Depot. Stoked to see it here today! If I can now score a Barrel of Crops, life would be perfect...

slccvn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slccvn

Be sure to stake down the legs or this little green house will flip in gusty winds.

jonnij

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jonnij

Love the fact it is a popular item in California. I bet whom ever bought it from CA is gonna grow tomatoes. Uh huh, thats it...tomatoes

scatpack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scatpack

The photo makes it look like you enter another world inside the greenhouse. One with a tiny hose reel and backyard. Where did the lion and the witch go?

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey

I wonder how this would do for Missouri Winters... Would I be able to at least grow salad?

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

I bought in anticipation of CT move to legalize "medical" herb.

brasssong

quality posts: 11 Private Messages brasssong

Why not just build one? Seems like it would be less cost.

Thazeran

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Thazeran
ufffdah wrote:Nice but Pricey for what you get. And it says pine boards, not even cedar. Pass.

Considering treated pine lasts a billion times longer then cedar. Cedar is known to develop mold and other properties that wont work well with your living plants.

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

out of my price range but simply lovely

niftyfifty

quality posts: 14 Private Messages niftyfifty

It looks great! Until you realize that you can make your own for about $50....pine, PVC pipe and heavy plastic...just sayin'!

GulfCoastGirl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GulfCoastGirl
brasssong wrote:Why not just build one? Seems like it would be less cost.

Exactly what I was thinking. Bigger and cheaper.... and a lot sturdier too.

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble

Ridiculously expensive for what you get. You could make some out of cedar which will last longer for a quarter of the cost. Maybe not including the fancy top, but you could build a cold-screen cover for it and still be under $100 for the project.

My raised beds with legs that are 3'x4'x2' cost $35 and the cold frame was maybe $45 because it has plexi-glass. It works and it looks pretty too.

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

fenriq

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fenriq

Seems like a lot of money for not a lot of product.

burns72

Becuase then you are not helping the WOOT Community move the the next item!

dmmutti

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dmmutti
ufffdah wrote:Nice but Pricey for what you get. And it says pine boards, not even cedar. Pass.

Totally agree.
Cheaper than Amazon and Home Depot by about $100, but still way over priced.
You can probably make this for $50.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Since there seems to be a debate - here is a link about cedar vs. pine:
Cedar vs Pine

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE
Thazeran wrote:Considering treated pine lasts a billion times longer then cedar. Cedar is known to develop mold and other properties that wont work well with your living plants.

If you plan to use this with herbs then treated pine is probably not the way to go being that the chemicals could leach into the soil and plants.

ishnite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ishnite

I've been wanting a little something like this to grow a herb garden! But the monies...it's too much. But want so bad.

blinkyfish

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blinkyfish

I bought a 6 X 8 greenhouse at Harbor Freight last week for $299. Seems like a much better deal. Granted, you have to assemble the thing and roll the dice on HF. Seriously though, ask a boy scout to build you something for far cheaper. That'd be a better use of your money than the popcorn they usually sell.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
burns72 wrote:I bought in anticipation of CT move to legalize "medical" herb.

Not sure if you're serious, but I don;t think that a Medical Marijuana card allows you to grow your own. Getting certified as an authorized grower is typically a whole 'nother process, and you'd have to buy a whole bunch more than one (or three) of these to turn the quantity to cover the licensing and insurance costs.

On second thought, I am sure whether you're serious. Never mind.

I love bacon!

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble
ishnite wrote:I've been wanting a little something like this to grow a herb garden! But the monies...it's too much. But want so bad.

Herbs grow in any type of container at least 8" deep pretty heartily. You don't need a fancy raised bed to grow them. Get a couple of 18-gallon totes (drill holes in the bottom for drainage), some potting soil (not garden soil), and mix in some slow-release fertilizer. I've grown herbs in two totes for years and grow basil (three types), thyme, rosemary, lemongrass, cilantro, parsley, oregano, mint, catnip, lavender, and mustard. They do great and it cost me probably $20 for the initial setup. I bring them inside in the winter and have a florescent to shine on them.

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

ryzik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryzik

You know, I use medical marijuana for a severe stomach condition called Cyclic Vomit Syndrome, if I didn't have that as an option, my life would be crippled and I would be almost totally unable to eat.

I get that a lot of people abuse this for their own recreation, but how about you consider that some people legitimately need it? The alternative is often much worse, I could be on a cocktail of painkillers and nausea meds, have life altering surgery, or simply be saddled with a feeding tube.

Texas Tommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Texas Tommy
1 Riverstone Eden Mini Greenhouse, 3’ x 4’, Rot-Proof Coating, Pine, Dual Coverings, Bio-Degradable

Aren't rot-proof and bio-degradable mutually exclusive?

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
ryzik wrote:You know, I use medical marijuana for a severe stomach condition called Cyclic Vomit Syndrome, if I didn't have that as an option, my life would be crippled and I would be almost totally unable to eat.

I get that a lot of people abuse this for their own recreation, but how about you consider that some people legitimately need it? The alternative is often much worse, I could be on a cocktail of painkillers and nausea meds, have life altering surgery, or simply be saddled with a feeding tube. For many medical marijuana is just the best and most effective option, and rushing to the ER to get injected with Dilaudid when I have stomach spasms isn't somehow more "legitimate".

I'm presuming that where you're seeing this imaginary attack on Medical Marijuana users is in the write-up? I'd advise you to read it again, keeping in mind that (a) the story is a joke and (b) the punchline of the joke is that the individual in question lives in a non-MM State -- and is growing opium.

I love bacon!

AeroSquid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AeroSquid

more pictures of the girl please.

burns72

lethargicmass wrote:"Not sure if you're serious.."
On second thought, I am sure whether you're serious. Never mind.

I am glad someone takes me seriously, my wife does not.

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody

Or throw a bunch of dirt in a 23 window VW van no one wants. Sunroof, plenty of windows.

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

thekla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thekla

they have a walk in one that is over 4x6 feet at Fred Meyer this week for $99 - that little one will hold almost nothing, I'm thinking of the Fred Meyers one just for seed starts - my regular one is 8x16 feet made from old Saturday market booths and is still too small, just saying - other than pure hobby, the one here is pretty useless and way pricy.