WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Wolfgang Puck 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Speed to First Woot:
5m 8.000s
First Sucker:
ds6366
Last Wooter to Woot:
marziah
Last Purchase:
3 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 43% of Home Woots
Bottom 47% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 8% of Home Woots
Top 17% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 17% first woot
  • 8% second woot
  • 31% < 10 woots
  • 25% < 25 woots
  • 20% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 13% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 23% one year old
  • 60% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 96% bought 1
  • 2% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

6%
5%
2%
1%
1%
2%
3%
7%
8%
9%
6%
6%
4%
4%
5%
3%
5%
4%
4%
3%
5%
5%
3%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



frogshavemorefun


quality posts: 3 Private Messages frogshavemorefun

This is a great coffee maker. This design was sold by Starbucks years ago. Ours lasted for 10 years and we would still be using it if we hadn't switched to a Keurig. Great price for this coffee maker. Starbucks Barista cost $150 at the time.

lalaclassic


quality posts: 51 Private Messages lalaclassic

Why am I supposed to buy something just because it has a famous chef on it?

I would be more apt to buy like a special Wolfgang spatula or something that he actually uses...

easysailor


quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

How often should you clean the inside of the removeable water reservoir?

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

marlin8765


quality posts: 1 Private Messages marlin8765

Nothing says quality like "celebrity chef endorsed appliance."

In for 3, yippee!

allhighruler


quality posts: 5 Private Messages allhighruler
frogshavemorefun wrote:This is a great coffee maker. This design was sold by Starbucks years ago. Ours lasted for 10 years and we would still be using it if we hadn't switched to a Keurig. Great price for this coffee maker. Starbucks Barista cost $150 at the time.



It apparently leaks all over the counter unless you put the handle all the way to the left, some people report broken pumps. Guys, this may be a no go.

lalaclassic


quality posts: 51 Private Messages lalaclassic

Tee-hee... "a spraying head for maximum bean-flavor extraction," ...sounds dirty

frogshavemorefun


quality posts: 3 Private Messages frogshavemorefun
easysailor wrote:How often should you clean the inside of the removeable water reservoir?



It depends on your water but we cleaned ours about once a month. We never used any type of descaler. Just clean out the hard water deposits and clean the carafe once in a while.

jseureau


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

Our knifes and our pots and pans are made by Wolfgang Puck and the quality is Awesome! So I'm sure this is just as good.

webfox


quality posts: 3 Private Messages webfox

Will it blénd?

frogshavemorefun


quality posts: 3 Private Messages frogshavemorefun
allhighruler wrote:It apparently leaks all over the counter unless you put the handle all the way to the left, some people report broken pumps. Guys, this may be a no go.



We have had coffee leak on the counter only due to our own negligence of not using it correctly. It's sort of like when you don't close the freezer door all the way and your food thaws out. It's called "operator error".

teenracer6


quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

What does Wolfgang Puck have to do with coffee?

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

bnbsouthworth


quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Does it actually make 12x8oz cups, or some other "unique standard" like Cuisinart does? Their "cup" is only *five* ounces to everyone else's *eight*, so a Cuisinart 12-cup maker only yields 60 ounces instead of 96.

I would assume a cup is a cup, but I learned the hard way you can't make that assumption. Does anyone know this carafe's actual capacity?

smatzke


quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
allhighruler wrote:It apparently leaks all over the counter unless you put the handle all the way to the left, some people report broken pumps. Guys, this may be a no go.



From the woot page:
"Please Note: A flaw had been discovered in the original design of the lid for this coffee maker. The manufacturer fixed the defect and a replacement lid is included."

Apparently they know about the issue and appears to have been fixed. This may be worth it. I would be in for 1 if I needed a new coffee maker.

tsfisch


quality posts: 40 Private Messages tsfisch

Did the people saying "I looked at the reviews and they're bad - the thing leaks" actually *READ* the write-up?

Anyone? Bueller?

allhighruler


quality posts: 5 Private Messages allhighruler
webfox wrote:Will it blénd?



I don't know, but maybe if you do something to it like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USiaeXzYkOE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

allhighruler


quality posts: 5 Private Messages allhighruler
tsfisch wrote:Did the people saying "I looked at the reviews and they're bad - the thing leaks" actually *READ* the write-up?

Anyone? Bueller?



I couldn't find if the lid was the problem or chep coffee-maker?

cacdo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cacdo

MSRP $200, Amazon's got em for $99.
They fixed the lid; In for one.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

marlin8765 wrote:Nothing says quality like "celebrity chef endorsed appliance."

In for 3, yippee!

Wait a minute..... was that sarcasm?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

devexityspace


quality posts: 25 Private Messages devexityspace

I am not a coffee drinker, but I'd like to have one for the house for guests.. is this too much for a guest coffee maker?

Bunnies Ogling Carrots Count: 6
Todd's Dirt: 6
Monkey Count: 3
Woot Lights Count: 1
Leak Frogs: 0

cglick


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cglick

We had this one when Starbucks had it in their line. It was the BEST coffee maker. The carafe actual keeps the coffee hot with no burning. We searched and searched to replace it and went thru 3 different high end but crappy coffee pots in the meantime. We are all over buying this one. Wolfgang or not, it's an awesome coffee maker. Highly recommend it.

Colleen Glick

buck2202


quality posts: 0 Private Messages buck2202
bnbsouthworth wrote:Does it actually make 12x8oz cups, or some other "unique standard" like Cuisinart does? Their "cup" is only *five* ounces to everyone else's *eight*, so a Cuisinart 12-cup maker only yields 60 ounces instead of 96.

I would assume a cup is a cup, but I learned the hard way you can't make that assumption. Does anyone know this carafe's actual capacity?



I think most companies actually measure their carafes in non-standard increments...not just Cuisinart. Maybe the difference is that Cuisinart actually comes out and tells you what their cups are? (at least they do in the manual for the cheap one I have)

Anyway, a standard coffee maker "cup" is 5-6oz...so I'd guess this carafe is something like 60-72oz.

drxo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages drxo

I bought the Starbucks version of this unit, and had two problems with it, one major:

1) The stainless is mostly a cladding, and came off the basket in less than 2 years. While it sort of locked in, but not completely, it was mostly held by the poor glue. Not the best design...

2) The clock lost its mind after the second year, and started gaining random amounts of time overnight, so the coffee might be ready at 6:30 AM ... or it might be ready at 3:30 AM. When I called Starbucks, they said it was a known design flaw and they weren't covering it. They sent me a coupon for a free latte to cover it. HA. YMMV

The Doc

nickmiller21


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nickmiller21

took the words right out of my mouth!

mambo143


quality posts: 16 Private Messages mambo143

Hmmmm, sounds like a good deal at this price. From experience with this type of machine, most spills and calamities were due to user error, me. This I learned the hard way. Warranty is only 90 days, but the square trade 3 year warranty is cheap based on the retail value. Sooo...in for one with the warranty. What could possibly go wrong...

stormothecentury


quality posts: 1 Private Messages stormothecentury

Does anyone have any experience using this without the filter? We have really really good tap water, and I'd prefer to not keep replacing the charcoal.

pfajardo19


quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19

Anybody know the wattage on this bad boy? Need at least 1,000 watts or more or my coffee won't get even close to the 203-206 optimal brew/extraction temperature. Probably doesn't matter given the slew of negative reviews on Amazon.com. AND I read the reviews and many have to do with of electrical problems, pumps not working, etc. issues thoroughly unrelated to faulty lid. Look at the the number of good/excellent reviews (10) verses bad reviews (31). Not a math major and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn, but methinks a ratio of 3:1 of bad to good reviews is far from a ringing endorsement. Gonna pass like Steve Young to Jerry Rice! Do not pass go, do not collect $100!

come2thedarkside

lstaff


quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

If you preheat the carafe with really hot water first it should keep the coffee hotter and for much longer.

slarra


quality posts: 0 Private Messages slarra

Anyone know how long the filter lasts? Where you get new ones? How much they cost? I have a Braun thermal carafe coffee maker that we loved (to death), in part because of the Brita filter insert. But, alas, they don't make those filters any more. Don't want to get run into the same problem with this one...

lstaff


quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
slarra wrote:Anyone know how long the filter lasts? Where you get new ones? How much they cost? I have a Braun thermal carafe coffee maker that we loved (to death), in part because of the Brita filter insert. But, alas, they don't make those filters any more. Don't want to get run into the same problem with this one...



They say the charcoal cartridge lasts for 60 uses, fewer for hard water.

lstaff


quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
pfajardo19 wrote:Anybody know the wattage on this bad boy? Need at least 1,000 watts or more or my coffee won't get even close to the 203-206 optimal brew/extraction temperature. Probably doesn't matter given the slew of negative reviews on Amazon.com. AND I read the reviews and many have to do with of electrical problems, pumps not working, etc. issues thoroughly unrelated to faulty lid. Look at the the number of good/excellent reviews (10) verses bad reviews (31). Not a math major and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn, but methinks a ratio of 3:1 of bad to good reviews is far from a ringing endorsement. Gonna pass like Steve Young to Jerry Rice! Do not pass go, do not collect $100!



They say the info is on the bottom of the unit. So, if someone who has this, or perhaps, some helpful Wootstaff would venture to take a peak . . .
(it has a grounded three prong plug, if that suggests higher wattage . . . ).

LastApeMan


quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan
marlin8765 wrote:Nothing says quality like "celebrity chef endorsed appliance."

In for 3, yippee!



I am going to hold out for the Montel Williams one to come out I guess.

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

osculant


quality posts: 0 Private Messages osculant
jseureau wrote:Our knifes and our pots and pans are made by Wolfgang Puck and the quality is Awesome! So I'm sure this is just as good.



I can't be sure of this, but I'm pretty sure Wolfgang does not make these himself. And I'm sure whoever made the knifes and pots and pans are not the same people who made this appliance. It's all about branding...

osculant


quality posts: 0 Private Messages osculant

Being able to set your coffee maker to brew at a certain time is great...if you don't care that your already ground beans will lose a lot of their flavor overnight. Much better to buy a coffee maker with a grinder built in to maximize freshness. Or better yet buy a burr coffee grinder and an Aeropress (or regular french press if you prefer) and take a few minutes out of your morning to make a truly superior cup of coffee.

rtfirefly


quality posts: 7 Private Messages rtfirefly

Still rooting for a grind & brew...

timmera


quality posts: 1 Private Messages timmera

Can this be used with paper filters, or do you have to use the permanent filter?

KATANARYDA


quality posts: 5 Private Messages KATANARYDA

I like my coffee like I like my ex-wife, I hate my ex-wife.

mtn dew ftw

w00ten since 7/24/04 and still no Boggy Old Creature ಠ_ಠ