3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

How many times can you wash and reuse the reusable pads before you will finally need new ones?

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Comment deleted because I may have inaccurate pricing

lichme

quality posts: 3023 Private Messages lichme

This is like swiffer on steroids, with steam!

woncoolone

quality posts: 891 Private Messages woncoolone

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

silveri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silveri

Edit: Scratch that Ben's Outlet has the FS20 not the ZFS-20.

Ben's Outlet has this for the same price today

http://bensoutlet.com/products/haan-classic-steam-mop-15-steam-jets

Although I'd use Woot before Ben's outlet...

pentiumjen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pentiumjen

I've had this model haan for 2 1/2 years. Works great on my laminate floors. I paid about 3x the woot price for mine. I bought extra pads for it from Sears. Be sure to use distilled water in the haan to avoid mineral deposits from clogging the steam holes.

whatsamattaU

The best I can do on a video so far is the fs20, not fs20+:

pentiumjen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pentiumjen
teenracer6 wrote:How many times can you wash and reuse the reusable pads before you will finally need new ones?

I bought 3 extra pads when I bought my haan 2 1/2 years ago. None of the pads have worn out. I wash them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle without fabric softener and then air dry them. It generally takes two pads to totally clean my kitchen and dinning room.

woncoolone

whatsamattaU wrote:I think it's the fs20+, not zfs

Manual:

http://www.haanusa.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/fs20plus_manual.pdf

Product website:

http://www.haanusa.com/classic-fs20-plus-steam-mop.html

$34.99 tonight.

You are right but they are very similar.

woncoolone

Are these appropriate for laminate flooring?

woncoolone

pentiumjen wrote:I've had this model haan for 2 1/2 years. Works great on my laminate floors. I paid about 3x the woot price for mine. I bought extra pads for it from Sears. Be sure to use distilled water in the haan to avoid mineral deposits from clogging the steam holes.

Thanks!

mrsmcg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrsmcg

My mom has been wanting a steam mop for an age. Wondering if I should get this for her, as she was recently looking at one that came with all sorts of attachments.

Here is a video for the + model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPBHiTX-bfA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

whatsamattaU

woncoolone wrote:You are right but they are very similar.

The reason I say that is that I can't find zfs on the product website.

Back to work.

whatsamattaU

mrsmcg wrote:My mom has been wanting a steam mop for an age. Wondering if I should get this for her, as she was recently looking at one that came with all sorts of attachments.

Here is a video for the + model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPBHiTX-bfA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

That's it (I just missed it on the product page as well). Thanks. I'll more directly link this, but YOU get the credit.

Edit: It's on the front page, too. I'm going too fast, trying to sneak a look at work. Sorry.

jonkamp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jonkamp

Anyone know how this compares to the shark steam mop? Does it work better,worse, the same?

meems212

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meems212

I have a different steamer and use Zwipes folded. Much less expensive and works like the pad that came with my steamer.

Zwipes: http://www.amazon.com/Zwipes-Microfiber-36-Pack-Cleaning-Cloths/dp/B000XECJES/ref=pd_sim_hi_6

pfajardo19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19

From all the reviews and comments, this looks like a good deal. Going, going gone. In for 1, now my kitchen floor will feel the wrath of the ZFS 20 Plus!

come2thedarkside

Soapie0

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Soapie0

This does carpets and according to the video mattresses and pillows and such, but I'm confused. Does this thing generate suction like a vacuum cleaner? How does it get the dirt out? I've never used a steam cleaner. I can see how the dirt could be steamed away on hardwood or laminate flooring, but how does it work on carpet??

Misty Walker

meems212

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meems212
Soapie0 wrote:This does carpets and according to the video mattresses and pillows and such, but I'm confused. Does this thing generate suction like a vacuum cleaner? How does it get the dirt out? I've never used a steam cleaner. I can see how the dirt could be steamed away on hardwood or laminate flooring, but how does it work on carpet??

Unless this one works differently than the one I use, it only removes the surface dirt with the steam and pad. You will still need the traditional "rug cleaner" for deep cleaning. Surface dirt and stains no problems, works good

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Haan-Cleaning-Sanitizer-Deluxe-Sanitizing/dp/B001PNRRD4

i have the Hann Slim and Light from the wootoff coming on Tuesday, I can't wait. the difference is where the water is held. this version holds the water on the bottom

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

BrookeMac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BrookeMac

Have been using mine for 2.5 years...pads are just now looking like they might need to be replaced. I use on my wood floors (wide planked river recovered heart pine) and tile. I think it does a better job cleaning the wood than tile. I have a lot of wood flooring to cover and use it twice a week (kids...) and I've never had any problems with it. I paid just over $100 for mine. Thinking about getting a second at this price.

ttcarter

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ttcarter

I have this one from a previous woot and it's great. Steam mopping is soooo much easier and more sanitary than conventional mopping. The hot steam kills most germs while also loosening dried on gunk so that it takes less time to mop. The steam dries so quickly that there is no down time, waiting for a wet floor to dry. There is no dirty mop water to deal with - only the pad which you throw in the washing machine.

Buy some extra pads to get the most out of this steamer. Amazon has them and so does ebay.

The attachment for carpet and upholstery works wonderfully, too. It doesn't so much clean your carpet as it sanitizes and helps the fibers spring up like when your carpet was new. If there are stains, you will need to spot treat them with a carpet cleaner, although steaming it first loosens the stains so they are easier to remove.

The steam kills dust mites so this steam cleaner is excellent for people with allergies.

mannpt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mannpt

Just got laminate flooring installed last week. Concerned about warping from all the warnings I've received about moisture. Since it leaves the floor dry, it should be fine, right?

The product description talks about "sealed" floors. Can someone tell me if laminates fit this criteria? I know a general laminate question has been asked and answered, but I need specificity in my life.

elizabubbles123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabubbles123

Word to the wise, if you feel like testing out how well a steam cleaner might remove your spots before hitting buy...a clothes iron sitting on a rag, a steam cleaner does not make. There goes our deposit.

whatsamattaU

ttcarter wrote:I have this one from a previous woot and it's great. Steam mopping is soooo much easier and more sanitary than conventional mopping. The hot steam kills most germs while also loosening dried on gunk so that it takes less time to mop. The steam dries so quickly that there is no down time, waiting for a wet floor to dry. There is no dirty mop water to deal with - only the pad which you throw in the washing machine.

Buy some extra pads to get the most out of this steamer. Amazon has them and so does ebay.

The attachment for carpet and upholstery works wonderfully, too. It doesn't so much clean your carpet as it sanitizes and helps the fibers spring up like when your carpet was new. If there are stains, you will need to spot treat them with a carpet cleaner, although steaming it first loosens the stains so they are easier to remove.

The steam kills dust mites so this steam cleaner is excellent for people with allergies.

Last message I can do (I'm getting really behind).

1. Previous woot for similar (ZS1-35G), not same model:

http://home.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4889505

and this Haan Easy Clean Steam Cleaning Floor Sanitizer:

http://home.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4733742

but I can't find this model being sold before (not to say your comments aren't helpful).

2. I'll ask again, your Thighness: Is the model # correct? I took another look around, and I can't find any ZFS-20 or 20+ anywhere, including the product website, even for discontinued items. I think it's the FS-20+, since everyone else's links go to that product.

Gotta go. good night.

mikop168

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mikop168

Anyone know the exact model # of the replacement pads?

Is it "Haan MF4"?

Like to order a few now so I am ready for some cleaning when this mop arrives.

lakebaylady

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lakebaylady

AFTER I WROTE THE REVIEW BELOW NOTICED THE DESCRIPTION OF THIS MACHINE SAYS IT'S "REFURBISHED" SO IT'S NOT NEW.

I bought this steam cleaner the last time Woot had it as a special. I have deep grove patterned linoleum which was hard to clean. Have to admit the grooved pattern was getting the best of me when it came to keeping it clean unless I got down on my hands and knees and used a scrub brush. Getting too old for that now...lol. This machine saved the day. It took a few cleanings to get the linoleum looking like brand new because of the pattern. Didn't feel like doing the "down on my hands and knees" scrubbing prior to using this. Let the steam do the work for me. This machine is priced much higher on Amazon...think close to $100. Don't miss out on this one.

lakebaylady

teenracer6 wrote:How many times can you wash and reuse the reusable pads before you will finally need new ones?

I can only tell you I've had this cleaner since October 2011 and have used it at least 3 times a week. The two pads that came with the machine are still in great condition. I usually wash them by hand but sometimes use the washing machine. I did purchase another set of pads from Amazon just to have on hand.

lakebaylady

whatsamattaU wrote:That's it (I just missed it on the product page as well). Thanks. I'll more directly link this, but YOU get the credit.

Edit: It's on the front page, too. I'm going too fast, trying to sneak a look at work. Sorry.

I love the one I have. I've a got a bad back and find this so easy to use. There's something about the way the wand is designed that make it easy on the back. Does a great job. Noticed in the Woot description at the top this machine is marked as "refurbished". Not sure if that's good or bad. If this is a like new machine and lasts as long as a brand new one, she'll love it.

azs1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages azs1

I ordered the refurbished Shark Steam Pocket mop here a couple of months ago, and the darn thing didn't work out of the box. This one looks appealing, but I'm feeling gun shy about ordering a refurbished item again since it's a hassle to deal with returning it if it's no good (and, I get stuck paying the postage twice for a broken item). So, just wondering how big a fluke my bad experience was? Or, will the higher quality of the Haan make it less likely that a refurbished one will be a dud? Pull the trigger, or no....?

lsasser60

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lsasser60

I've had good luck with refurbished items. Generally, I have more confidence in items that have gone wrong and have been fixed, rather than acting as a field tester for an untried product.

delesh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages delesh

My wife & I use ours and love it. It does work better if you vacuum the floors first before steam mopping them.

ladymare

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ladymare

I've had my Haan FS20+ (this one) for about a year now and I love it. I bought it after 2 weeks of research on steam mops and it was rated as the best on the market. It was the only one a year ago tested to guaranteed that the steam would come out at 212 degrees continuously, meaning that the floor would be sanitized in one second.

the only cons I've found to this mop are:

The cord is fairly short, you have to quickly unplug it and run to your next outlet or plug in an extension cord

If you turn it on and come back too late the steam has turned back to water and puddled on the ground.

You only have about 15 minutes worth of water, then you are supposed to let it cool down for a few minutes, refill, reheat, repeat. When your entire house is laminate and tile that gets to be a pain.

Overall worth it? TOTALLY! I am still in love with this mop.

ckaminsk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ckaminsk

d@mnit! I paid $149 at MACY'S for this same-model Haan one year ago. Woot's price is a steal.

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble

My sister and mom swear by these things, but I hated it when I borrowed my mom's. Sure it cleans the floor, but the thing stinks to high heaven. I thought maybe it was just an old pad, so I went out and bought a brand new pad and there was still this nasty odor when I was using it. I thought maybe it was the floor so I got down on my hands and knees to scrub it, but didn't smell a thing. Then I realized it was actually the steam that smelled horrible.

I'm not saying it was the Haan since my mom owns multiple cats and a dog, but considering I own multiple cats I didn't think it would be a good fit if after using it, it would have a permanent cat odor smell.

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

catamount1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catamount1

The new model number for this unit is FS-20+. The Z designated that this model is HAAN recertified.

catamount1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catamount1
silveri wrote:Edit: Scratch that Ben's Outlet has the FS20 not the ZFS-20.

Ben's Outlet has this for the same price today

http://bensoutlet.com/products/haan-classic-steam-mop-15-steam-jets

Although I'd use Woot before Ben's outlet...

This ZFS-20+ is the step-up model and the ZFS-20 is entry level.