pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Orcrist42 wrote:I keep wanting to write some detailed posts about fitting and using new hearing aids and all the specifics because it seems to be what people have the most questions/misunderstandings about. The short of it is, new digital aides are very complicated and require a knowledgeable and helpful audiologist. It is fine to go in once a week for three months to tweak them. It can also take your brain up to 6 months to adjust to the new normal. If you need to find a better audiologist, don't hesitate.



So how do you know it needs tweaking?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:So how do you know it needs tweaking?



when you can't hear what you need/want to hear? or mabe just when you're uncomfortable.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Whiny is allowed and encourged!
If not here, where?



the shirt threads?

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
inkycatz wrote:That sounds delicious!

(Good morning everyone!)



it was! And one of the easiest things I've ever cooked.

morning inky!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Wow. 92, feels like 106. Dewpoint 77. It's just disgusting outside.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:Wow. 92, feels like 106. Dewpoint 77. It's just disgusting outside.



There's no point in being outside at that point. Ew.

I'm just hanging out, really.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:There's no point in being outside at that point. Ew.



It is actually a nice summer day here. 85, normal humidity.
Went to dog park and Rusty did nothing.

There has only been a handful of nice days all summer and the dogs were not taking advantage of it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:It is actually a nice summer day here. 85, normal humidity.
Went to dog park and Rusty did nothing.

There has only been a handful of nice days all summer and the dogs were not taking advantage of it!



Maybe the dogs didn't think it was as nice as you did.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Maybe the dogs didn't think it was as nice as you did.



Got back in the house and he went into puppy mode.
They want an air conditioned world to play in.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Got back in the house and he went into puppy mode.
They want an air conditioned world to play in.



Me, too.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

G'night, then.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:G'night, then.



Before 6?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Before 6?



You don't get up at 3 am.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:You don't get up at 3 am.



Sure I do. I just go right back to sleep.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:You don't get up at 3 am.



I thought you didn't start work until later in this job.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Sure I do. I just go right back to sleep.



pee walk?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:pee walk?



Yep

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Out for walk.

See you all later.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Out for walk.

See you all later.



Is it later yet?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Is it later yet?



Yep


Mosquitoes are out. All summer. The county sprayed some neighborhoods, but not this one.
Find some west nile virus and spray!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Yep


Mosquitoes are out. All summer. The county sprayed some neighborhoods, but not this one.
Find some west nile virus and spray!



Nothing going on here.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

There hasn't been a bundle of caliopes this woot-off, has there?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:There hasn't been a bundle of caliopes this woot-off, has there?



Haven't seen any.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:

Why should people be disabled for no reason other than price.



Don't get me started

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Don't get me started



Stop

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
Iceback wrote:Don't get me started



Yes, I agree, and I think these various hearing devices are tremendously overpriced. Yes, the audiologist has to be paid for their time both at diagnosis and fitting and subsequent visits for tweaking; but still in all, $4/$5K is outrageous.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:Yes, I agree, and I think these various hearing devices are tremendously overpriced. Yes, the audiologist has to be paid for their time both at diagnosis and fitting and subsequent visits for tweaking; but still in all, $4/$5K is outrageous.



My ENT told me she didn't really care where I went (although she'd obviously prefer her office) but to absolutely not go to Miracle Ear. She tried to get the ENTs in the area to take out a full page ad in the paper against them.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:Yes, I agree, and I think these various hearing devices are tremendously overpriced. Yes, the audiologist has to be paid for their time both at diagnosis and fitting and subsequent visits for tweaking; but still in all, $4/$5K is outrageous.



I never realized audiologists usually have at least a master's degree. I thought they were kind of like opticians.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I never realized audiologists usually have at least a master's degree. I thought they were kind of like opticians.



Of course, if you just stay here, you don't need a hearing aid.
Just glasses.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Of course, if you just stay here, you don't need a hearing aid.
Just glasses.



Probably need to learn to talk to myself. But the question then is, will I hear myself.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:I never realized audiologists usually have at least a master's degree. I thought they were kind of like opticians.



Mine has a doctorate - but the hearing aids still are less than I had hoped for!!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:Mine has a doctorate - but the hearing aids still are less than I had hoped for!!



Do you have open fit?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:Do you have open fit?



Not exactly sure what an open fit is. My current pair have the microphone/battery compartment worn behind the ear with the transparent thingy (causes itching too) attached to the device that goes down into the ear canal. Prior to these, I had the very tiny all in the canal. You know, for me I think they actually were better; however, one of them fell out on a plane never to be found again. It travels the world I guess.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:Not exactly sure what an open fit is. My current pair have the microphone/battery compartment worn behind the ear with the transparent thingy (causes itching too) attached to the device that goes down into the ear canal. Prior to these, I had the very tiny all in the canal. You know, for me I think they actually were better; however, one of them fell out on a plane never to be found again. It travels the world I guess.



The papers they gave me, there's the traditional fit and the open fit. (These are both for the behind-the-ear ones.) The open fit is supposedly more natural sounding as it allows a flow of air into the ear canal.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Probably need to learn to talk to myself. But the question then is, will I hear myself.



I talk to the dog.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Wootalyzer's not coming up with a new item as fast as Woot is now.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Wootalyzer's not coming up with a new item as fast as Woot is now.



Haven't been using it for this one. Don't know why.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters