WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Core Bamboo 4-Bowl Sets

We get it. You're an adult now, you do what you want. If that means eating everything out of a waffle cone bowl, so be it. But before you go serving guests that way, consider this: not everyone likes beef stew-soaked waffle. Maybe you should think about having a set of these Core Bamboo bowls on hand just in case.
Core Bamboo's official site

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Can you eat cereal or soup out of these? I'm thinking no but if someone could confirm....

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689
tjost wrote:Can you eat cereal or soup out of these? I'm thinking no but if someone could confirm....

From the Core Bamboo website:

All of our products are hand made from top quality organically grown bamboo. Core Bamboo products should be hand washed with soapy warm water and wiped dry. Our products are not meant for the microwave, oven or dishwasher. Our bowls are meant for cold and warm foods, using them to serve very hot items such as soup will alter the shape of the bowls over long periods of time. This is true of all wooden bowls as well as bamboo. Cutting boards and trays can endure hotter temperatures but should still not be used in the microwave, oven and dishwasher. It is also suggested to apply any food safe mineral oil to all bowls and boards when the bamboo starts to look tired, this will keep the bowl fresh and will help in preserving the natural character that each product has.

So it doesn't sound like the liquid is inherently a problem so much as heat exposure.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
demon00689 wrote:So it doesn't sound like the liquid is inherently a problem so much as heat exposure.

Thanks that works, next question is how long is a long time.....

pkphilip

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pkphilip
tjost wrote:Thanks that works, next question is how long is a long time.....

I have those bowls before and as long as you don't soak it for a long time, they will be fine.

I ruined mine because I left it soaked in the sink overnight and they kind of swollen... :-(