WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cat Cora Cookware

ATTENTION: The following writeups are a test on how much you know about cooking! Please answer each question about the Cat Cora Cookware sale. Make sure your marks are heavy and dark. Also if you get stuck, the right answer is probably C. But you didn't hear it from us...
Cat Cora official site

kadenstern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadenstern

8 inch chef's knife $31 something on Amazon and with prime free shipping. Not a very good deal here. Unless I'm missing something.

johnecon2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnecon2002

The descriptions for the cookware sets appear to be switched.. Was a little confusing at NARWHALS!

breezie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breezie

It boggles my mind that Cat Cora has her own cookware. Other than graduating from CIA (which anyone can easily do), what accomplishments does she have PRIOR to her TV fame?

She has no actual qualifications as a chef. The only information I could find on her is some work under 2 chefs in NY and a little in France for a year or so. She's basically a Food Network created spokeswoman.

Knowing this, why would anyone want to buy cookware endorsed by her?

Here's a quote from Ed Hardy:

"Chef Cora? Let’s talk about “Chef” Cora. She’s not a chef. Not by a longshot. She’s a media creation. True, she was sous chef at the Old Chatham Sheepherding Company Inn for a year (now closed) and was Chef de Cuisine at Bistro Don Giovanni for, like, half a year. But from that to Iron Chef? Nada. She’s deliberately kept her career off her bio because there isn’t anything there. We deserve better. She’s not qualified to judge toast, much less pasta. And, before my wife jumps on me for being harsh to Lady Chefs, let me repeat that some of the best chefs I’ve worked with in the business are women. Missy Robbins at A Voce, Meg Grace at The Redhead, Melinda Bradley at Canon Seattle, Melissa Close at Palladio — I’ve been honored to work with them all. Cat Cora? Not so much."

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
breezie wrote:It boggles my mind that Cat Cora has her own cookware. Other than graduating from CIA (which anyone can easily do), what accomplishments does she have PRIOR to her TV fame?

She has no actual qualifications as a chef. The only information I could find on her is some work under 2 chefs in NY and a little in France for a year or so. She's basically a Food Network created spokeswoman.

Knowing this, why would anyone want to buy cookware endorsed by her?

Here's a quote from Ed Hardy:

"Chef Cora? Let’s talk about “Chef” Cora. She’s not a chef. Not by a longshot. She’s a media creation. True, she was sous chef at the Old Chatham Sheepherding Company Inn for a year (now closed) and was Chef de Cuisine at Bistro Don Giovanni for, like, half a year. But from that to Iron Chef? Nada. She’s deliberately kept her career off her bio because there isn’t anything there. We deserve better. She’s not qualified to judge toast, much less pasta. And, before my wife jumps on me for being harsh to Lady Chefs, let me repeat that some of the best chefs I’ve worked with in the business are women. Missy Robbins at A Voce, Meg Grace at The Redhead, Melinda Bradley at Canon Seattle, Melissa Close at Palladio — I’ve been honored to work with them all. Cat Cora? Not so much."

Why would anyone want an electric grill endorsed by a boxer? Name recognition just gets attention.

Cat Cora does great presentations, but I quit watching Iron Chef America when they diluted the Iron Chef pool. Batali and Morimoto I enjoy watching. The others I am not interested in.

I'm more concerned by the "Japanese steel" used for the knives. What Japanese steel? There are many different grades of steel made here and in Japan. Country of origin doesn't tell us how good the steel is; the type of steel does.

zsinix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix

I can't believe that the deal is ending in a handful of hours, and no one at Woot has corrected either of the pan set descriptions. Not only are they swapped, but neither of the descriptions really describes either of the sets correctly! Really disappointing b/c I wanted the stackable set, but won't drop $165-180 (depending on which price is right) on a set that I'm not even sure if it comes with SS or glass lids...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zsinix wrote:I can't believe that the deal is ending in a handful of hours, and no one at Woot has corrected either of the pan set descriptions. Not only are they swapped, but neither of the descriptions really describes either of the sets correctly! Really disappointing b/c I wanted the stackable set, but won't drop $165-180 (depending on which price is right) on a set that I'm not even sure if it comes with SS or glass lids...

Yes, it appears we did mess that up. I've sent the info to the buyers. I apologize for the inconvenience.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jhudiddy08

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jhudiddy08

My 8" chef knife just arrived, but where is the protective sheath? There was just the knife with a tiny plastic tip to prevent the knife from cutting through the plastic packaging.

"Each knife comes with a protective sheath for safety"