3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

rampman10

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rampman10

I think the disease is spelled "Listeria" not "Listernia" do they give out free sanitizers for pointing out typos?

theshawnster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theshawnster
greencheetah wrote:Hmm...reviews are mixed on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Zapi-UV-Toothbrush-Sanitizer-White/dp/B001J003R0/ref=sr_1_14?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1346649750&sr=1-14&keywords=toothbrush+sanitizer

I trust that many negative reviews. The travel unit previously sold here was a washout too. Non of the four I purchased worked either at all, or quit very quickly. Great idea, poor execution.

chefbooyadee

quality posts: 38 Private Messages chefbooyadee
greencheetah wrote:Hmm...reviews are mixed on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Zapi-UV-Toothbrush-Sanitizer-White/dp/B001J003R0/ref=sr_1_14?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1346649750&sr=1-14&keywords=toothbrush+sanitizer

Apparently, the main issues are that the unit isn't properly waterproofed, so it fails after using it for so long, and that it doesn't have any way for water to drain, so mildew can grow in it.

Seems like this does the complete opposite of what you'd want a sanitizer to do.

RoughCollie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RoughCollie

Without dragging out your petri dishes, microscope, and other supplies, how can you tell it works?

http://www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/infectioncontrol/factsheets/toothbrushes.htm

"While there is evidence of bacterial growth on toothbrushes, there is no clinical evidence that soaking a toothbrush in an antibacterial mouthrinse or using a commercially-available toothbrush sanitizer has any positive or negative effect on oral or systemic health. "
http://www.ada.org/1887.aspx

mamawoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mamawoot

Well, it kills "Listernia"!
I'm sold!

tatyanafreire

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tatyanafreire

Nah, don't bother. Bought two of them and they s-u-c-k. 3 AAA batteries need to be replaced every two times I sanitize the toothbrushes. Not mentioning the weird metallic smell it leaves on.

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby

Thanks to all of you who have shared the review info!!

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

For all who have shared ad according to all the reviews (hey, it's 3:30 am and I just awoke from my slumber) would it work if the toothbrhsb is completely dry? I'd think that would solve some of the issues mentioned.

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

These are great at preventing faeries and demons from taking up residence in your bathroom.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
RoughCollie wrote:Without dragging out your petri dishes, microscope, and other supplies, how can you tell it works?

http://www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/infectioncontrol/factsheets/toothbrushes.htm

"While there is evidence of bacterial growth on toothbrushes, there is no clinical evidence that soaking a toothbrush in an antibacterial mouthrinse or using a commercially-available toothbrush sanitizer has any positive or negative effect on oral or systemic health. "
http://www.ada.org/1887.aspx

Here is that first link in link form.

"To date, however, no published research data documents that brushing with a contaminated toothbrush has led to recontamination of a user’s mouth, oral infections, or other adverse health effects."

This is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

burndtjammer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burndtjammer

bought one from woot a while ago. Eventually the water leaked into the battery compartment and the batteries were corroded. When I opened it up to see why it didn't work there was mold everywhere. They seem like they do their intended purpose until you need to sanitize the device itself. Maybe I didn't maintain it properly?

kschoenberg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kschoenberg

We've gone through 5 of these units in the past and all of them just broke. I wouldn't take these for free.

havingfunyet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages havingfunyet

When I first saw them I thought they were toilet brushes

ninaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ninaco
mibutterflywingz wrote:For all who have shared ad according to all the reviews (hey, it's 3:30 am and I just awoke from my slumber) would it work if the toothbrhsb is completely dry? I'd think that would solve some of the issues mentioned.

Nope - mine stopped working after a few months & I always put my toothbrush in dry. (one of the reviews on Amazon is mine.)

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

When it comes to toothbrushes in my house, I'll stick with
a) occasionally rinsing with peroxide, alcohol, or Listerine
b) replacing every month, which is costly, but I really could care less

masshuum

quality posts: 19 Private Messages masshuum

Germs are good for you, they strengthen your immune system. If you were to cut out every conceivable germ, you'd die when a breeze hit you.

There's like only 1 or 2, very extreme circumstances where having one of these might make sense.

But for everyone else, it's just stupidity. Just like certain antibacterial soaps that does more harm than good when you're not a healthcare worker, and even then there're suspicions if it's not the best solution.

troi4001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages troi4001

I ordered two of these early this morning before reading the reviews. Now, I want to cancel but cannot find the 'request cancellation link' Woot says to do if you change your mind. I would be grateful for any help from someone here.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
troi4001 wrote:I ordered two of these early this morning before reading the reviews. Now, I want to cancel but cannot find the 'request cancellation link' Woot says to do if you change your mind. I would be grateful for any help from someone here.

Send a message to service@woot.com

thabigtasty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thabigtasty

Or I could buy 5 or so new toothbrushes. I'll stick with new brushes, thank you.

veryfaststuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veryfaststuff
troi4001 wrote:I ordered two of these early this morning before reading the reviews. Now, I want to cancel but cannot find the 'request cancellation link' Woot says to do if you change your mind. I would be grateful for any help from someone here.

You're going to have to do it manually. I've done it once and it requires you to email for cancellation. Here's a quote I found from another page:

"If it was from a Woot site and not another seller on deals.woot, then e-mail service@woot.com with your order number and order e-mail."

0051koziolm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0051koziolm

hey here are a bunch of other ways to clean your toothbrush!

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-clean-toothbrush-1315297.html

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

Well, per hour sales are down. But a number of Crop Circle Believers continue to purchase these.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.