WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Heavy Petting

These animal bowls are high class. These tasty dog treats are some of the BEST we could find. But we know it's not you we have to convince… it's your animal! So we've taken the liberty of speaking directly to them in the write-ups. Please, read them aloud. We think they'll understand.



Quality Posts


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

This thread is also pet picture friendly. ;)

I'm just hanging out, really.

DaveInSoCal


quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

PET.WOOT LIVES!


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
DaveInSoCal wrote:PET.WOOT LIVES!



Needs more pet pictures IMO

I'm just hanging out, really.

PoAng


quality posts: 4 Private Messages PoAng

I might be missing it, but how many treats are there per box/bag?

I see that the box of baked are 16 oz and the bag of soft & chewy are 6 oz, but how many ounces is one (1) treat for the baked treats and for the soft & chewy treats?


ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PoAng wrote:I might be missing it, but how many treats are there per box/bag?

I see that the box of baked are 16 oz and the bag of soft & chewy are 6 oz, but how many ounces is one (1) treat for the baked treats and for the soft & chewy treats?

Unfortunately, the FDA doesn't require the same labeling for pet food as they do human food. So there's no approximate servings per container info available.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mkdr


quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Yay! Pet stuff I love these bowls...I used to use a plastic water bowl, but my poor cat would get occasional sores on his mouth which we eventually figured out was exacerbated from drinking from the plastic water bowl. Once I switched to the ceramic bowl - no more!

While I generally believe half of the toys on kids.woot are actually cat toys, feel free to give us more "official" cat toys (and furniture - my cats definitely need more furniture).

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

nverian


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nverian

The treats aren't a deal. You can get the box of the oven baked buddy biscuit treats for $5.09 at petco with no shipping.

jfeise


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfeise

No cat love?
Major fail, Woot!

ceagee


quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

Not really a great deal.
Cat dish is 12.99 on amazon
If you add in free super saver shipping-- 'cause there's always some cat toys or book or something to add on-- then it's really a better deal there. Unless you count that you will buy more stuff for your cat. Or, of course,you have a free woot ship thing. I never do : (

They also still have the blue lined one on amazon. which actually, I was going to buy here until my cat walked over the keyboard and then next thing I knew-- poof! sold out. Smart cat (redundant) He wanted to make sure I knew I could find it elsewhere and get some new cat toys too.

PS they also have a few other styles on Amazon.

Cats want real deals where they can buy more stuff ( er have it bought for them) There should be a cat.woot tab on the top. Ok once in awhile you could even put up some items for dogs in that section.

barney490


quality posts: 0 Private Messages barney490

when are we going to see a pet woot?

trouble4u2


quality posts: 7 Private Messages trouble4u2

A big plus here is they say the treats are mde in the US. Many pets have got very sick and a lot of them died. This all due to chicken jerky treats that were fed to them. I lost my baby (Ginny) after I let her have this treat!
I just would like to save a few folks the heart ache we had after Ginny died. Please check this link out to read other stories and links to other sites.
PLEASE read the label on anything that you feed your pets. My vet now has a warning notice posted in her office. CNN had a few reports about this. I have been told NOT to feed my pets anything made in China!

http://www.change.org/petitions/nestle-purina-recall-chicken-jerky-treats-made-in-china

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/901/169/744/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/342467355771185/

mkdr


quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

For @inkykatz - Spidermonkey loves his Roku box - he's such a remote hog:

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
DaveInSoCal wrote:PET.WOOT LIVES!



Seconded!

I fell over when I saw this wootplus! deal. Nameless puppy would be happy.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

trouble4u2 wrote:A big plus here is they say the treats are mde in the US. Many pets have got very sick and a lot of them died. This all due to chicken jerky treats that were fed to them. I lost my baby (Ginny) after I let her have this treat!
I just would like to save a few folks the heart ache we had after Ginny died. Please check this link out to read other stories and links to other sites.
PLEASE read the label on anything that you feed your pets. My vet now has a warning notice posted in her office. CNN had a few reports about this. I have been told NOT to feed my pets anything made in China!

http://www.change.org/petitions/nestle-purina-recall-chicken-jerky-treats-made-in-china

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/901/169/744/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/342467355771185/



My sympathies to you. I just had to put my Maisy to sleep last week because of the same thing. But it's not just Purina, it's any brand with chicken, duck, or sweet potato jerky from China. Yes, the FDA has expanded their warning.

I made flyers and took them to my local animal shelter, vet, and emergency vet hospital.

I also sent the information to our pet buyer just yesterday so she knows as well.

Spread the word. Here's the latest info from the FDA:

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/ProductSafetyInformation/ucm295445.htm



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

trouble4u2


quality posts: 7 Private Messages trouble4u2
ThunderThighs wrote:My sympathies to you. I just had to put my Maisy to sleep last week because of the same thing. But it's not just Purina, it's any brand with chicken, duck, or sweet potato jerky from China. Yes, the FDA has expanded their warning.

I made flyers and took them to my local animal shelter, vet, and emergency vet hospital.

I also sent the information to our pet buyer just yesterday so she knows as well.

Spread the word. Here's the latest info from the FDA:


http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/ProductSafetyInformation/ucm295445.htm



I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Our pets can't talk and spread the word so it is up to us so thank you for posting.

rawrali


quality posts: 2 Private Messages rawrali

While the Buddy Biscuits are not that great of a deal, I don't see the particular flavors for sale very often, so I will probably buy a few bags. Our dog LOVES the bacon and cheese flavor of the soft chews. We've been tearing them up and using them as training treats. At 1-2 treats a day, a bag will probably last about 6 weeks.

rawrali


quality posts: 2 Private Messages rawrali

Any expiration dates on any of the flavors of Buddy Biscuits? I'd like to stock up, but it may take us awhile to work through a bunch of bags.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mkdr wrote:For @inkykatz - Spidermonkey loves his Roku box - he's such a remote hog:



Day made. :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

cmeonline


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmeonline
rawrali wrote:Any expiration dates on any of the flavors of Buddy Biscuits? I'd like to stock up, but it may take us awhile to work through a bunch of bags.



The packages I have on my desk of the Soft & Chewy Buddy Biscuits have a best before date of no sooner than December 2013 (most are in 2014). The Buddy Biscuits date is 02-22-14.

You should have no issue with your dog consuming all by these dates.

jmonnig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmonnig

I love how the bowls have the labels for which animal. It is very important my animals don't get confused. I hate it when my rabbit goes and eats the dog's food. Then I have the problem of the wife putting rabbit food in the cats dish. I myself have put beer in the water dish because it didn't say "Water" on it. I'm going to buy lots of these bowls.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jmonnig wrote:I love how the bowls have the labels for which animal. It is very important my animals don't get confused. I hate it when my rabbit goes and eats the dog's food. Then I have the problem of the wife putting rabbit food in the cats dish. I myself have put beer in the water dish because it didn't say "Water" on it. I'm going to buy lots of these bowls.


Might be good for kids to reinforce reading in that regard!

I'm just hanging out, really.

yell2012


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yell2012

are you out of those dog bowls

yell2012


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yell2012
yell2012 wrote:so fun



if you go to the store its has lower prices for sure walmart

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

yell2012 wrote:are you out of those dog bowls



Looks like only one is out of stock but the sale ends in about an hour.

http://home.woot.com/plus/heavy-petting



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items