WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Fissler Pressure Cookers

Pressure! And that's all we can legally reference. But you're humming the bass line in your head, we know you are. Grab a pressure cooker and you might have dinner before you finish the song. Cool as ice.
Fissler official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

We'd love some reviews from owners, but... no pressure.

I'm just hanging out, really.

guguhsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guguhsu

My boyfriend got a skillet for me, which I thought would have been my Christmas since this is not inexpensive. I think the size is perfect for two and the design/set up is very easy. The best thing about this pressure cooker is you can "manage" your cooking without gut feeling. The pressure indicator has two settings and I can manage cooking when I am cooking meat or soup. So far I have tried mash potato, chicken soup and beef stew. Each of dishes only take 20 minutes to cook!!! I get more time for online shopping ...haha

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln

At present, 3 of the 4 are missing the condition. I'm guessing these are new, like the skillet?

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628

How many jars and of what size can you fit in each of the cookers?

guguhsu

adamant628 wrote:How many jars and of what size can you fit in each of the cookers?

I dont know how many jars could fit in my skillet but I found the spec from Amazon. My skillet is 11.6 x 16.5 x 6 inches and I think for blue point (this product series), you can use the same lid for different size of pots.

http://www.amazon.com/Fissler-Point-Pressure-2-2qt-Skillet/dp/B004YWUXQ6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_3

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

Can't find any canning information on them, however, you can contact the company tomorrow here:

(704) 545-2287

10A.M. - 4 P.M. standart Eastern Time

squatchy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages squatchy

I posted this the other day when there was a pressure cooker on Woot, but it's worth repeating
http://www.chow.com/videos/show/all/128343/why-pressure-cookers-are-awesome

lll0228

quality posts: 34 Private Messages lll0228

Inkycatz asked for owner's review, here it is.

Fissler makes the best pressure cooker money can buy for a home.

Period.

And don't just take my words for it. It's the same comment on just about any cooking-related websites out there.

Fagor comes close, and nothing else. The design, build quality and feature (the control valve alone is worth the price) are unmatched by anything else I have owned and handled. For pressure cooker, much more so than pans and pots, you do want a solidly built one for safety. I can tell you that the photos can't do these justice. Once you have handled one of them, you would know why I said what I said.

These are built like tanks.

In short, get them. Get the largest one you can afford/want to pay for. Highly recommended.

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
mrln wrote:At present, 3 of the 4 are missing the condition. I'm guessing these are new, like the skillet?

Hmmm....hasn't been fixed or followed up on some 20 hours later. Staff or the woot buyer doesn't know the condition? Usually you guys update/fix this stuff pretty quickly. What's up?

bonadl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonadl

Love love love. My mother in law has one, swears by it and bought one for us a few years ago at retail price. These prices are amazing. Rated best pressure cooker by Cooks Illustrated. Heavy duty, weigh a ton -- exactly what you would want in a pressure cooker. DO IT!

guguhsu

mrln wrote:Hmmm....hasn't been fixed or followed up on some 20 hours later. Staff or the woot buyer doesn't know the condition? Usually you guys update/fix this stuff pretty quickly. What's up?

Mine is new when I got the Skillet package from Woot so I would assume this is all new tho.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mrln wrote:Hmmm....hasn't been fixed or followed up on some 20 hours later. Staff or the woot buyer doesn't know the condition? Usually you guys update/fix this stuff pretty quickly. What's up?

Sorry, looks like the question got missed. I've passed it on so we should have an answer soon.

Update. Just got word that they are all NEW. The sales should be updated shortly.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mtoy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtoy

I bought the 6.4 quart one last week here at Woot. It really is built like a tank and I love it to death.

akandrews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akandrews

Anyone know the width of the 10.5 qt cooker?

mommaj001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommaj001

I don't think these are your canning pressure cookers. These are made smaller to accomidate cooking a meal. HTH

adamant628 wrote:How many jars and of what size can you fit in each of the cookers?

Jan Kyle

mangledmess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mangledmess

I own a Kuhn Rikon 7.5q pressure cooker that I use several times a week. These Fissler pressure cookers look to work the same as my Kuhn Rikon, no steam released, flavors stay in the food and aren't boiled away, using spring technology, not weight for the steam valve. I'm in for two 8.5q Fissler pressure cookers, giving them out as Christmas gifts to my family.

mangledmess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mangledmess

I would agree, there are larger canning pressure cookers that are much cheaper in price. There are 23q canning pressure cookers on places like ebay for under $100, if you're going to do some serious canning.

mommaj001 wrote:I don't think these are your canning pressure cookers. These are made smaller to accomidate cooking a meal. HTH

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

Why are the these "Blue Point" pressure cookers not featured on the Fissler website? Discontinued?

starbuck7290

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starbuck7290

Just got mine yesterday, love it, normally, we made chinese soup on a stove for like 4 hours, this only takes 1 hour. delicious, got one for my mom for Thanksgiving too. can't wait to see her smile.

micmaq

quality posts: 1 Private Messages micmaq

Mine came on 11/14, too. Unfortunately it is not performing as expected. All of the web info, including a Fissler YouTube, say that the pressure cooker should be silent when it reaches the cooking temp and a white ring is exposed. I understand that i should turn down the heat at that point and, yes, I have the blue switch in the correct position, but the pressure cooker never stops hissing and steam continues to be released from valve on the large handle side. I phoned Customer service - the person who answered was only able to read the manual to me and then told me to email her boss who "knows everything about Blue Point pressure cookers." Maybe, but she has yet to email me back. I had hoped to use this to speed up Thanksgiving dinner prep. Instead, I wonder if anyone will get back to me by then. Not happy.

zinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zinja
micmaq wrote:Mine came on 11/14, too. Unfortunately it is not performing as expected. All of the web info, including a Fissler YouTube, say that the pressure cooker should be silent when it reaches the cooking temp and a white ring is exposed. I understand that i should turn down the heat at that point and, yes, I have the blue switch in the correct position, but the pressure cooker never stops hissing and steam continues to be released from valve on the large handle side. I phoned Customer service - the person who answered was only able to read the manual to me and then told me to email her boss who "knows everything about Blue Point pressure cookers." Maybe, but she has yet to email me back. I had hoped to use this to speed up Thanksgiving dinner prep. Instead, I wonder if anyone will get back to me by then. Not happy.

Same thing happened to me. I called Fissler customer server and was directed to email her boss. I am still waiting for her boss to reply back. So far nothing... I am thinking of just sending it back.

bbashiti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbashiti

hi woot! will you guys be planning on re-stocking these pressure cookers again this holiday season? would really like to but another one

manhandsha

quality posts: 40 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

bbashiti wrote:hi woot! will you guys be planning on re-stocking these pressure cookers again this holiday season? would really like to but another one

Are you PRESSURING us?

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.