2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

shortman

quality posts: 39 Private Messages shortman

I have the chocolate set from a previous sale. I love them. They have held up very well to washing.

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun

Is the Mocha color not available? I see it in the pictures but not in the list to select.

moparman1973

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moparman1973

I bought some of these last time and they're very nice. Very absorbent and soft.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

draigun wrote:Is the Mocha color not available? I see it in the pictures but not in the list to select.

Checking but from what I'm seeing, it's not available and the picture shouldn't be there. I could be totally wrong though.

Update: Just talked to the sleepy person in the know. We didn't get the Mocha in this time. The photo will be removed shortly. Sorry for the confusion.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

$39.99 at 2 previous wootoffs, 2 non-woot-offs, and tonight.
Non woot-offs
July
http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5105916
April
http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4957393
many comments

ntcha916

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ntcha916

Hands down some of the best towels I've ever owned. Not too fluffy, not too thin and softer then they look.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

All my life I have had hand me down towels. Last time these came up on Woot! I decided to go ahead and get some these. I went with the Cameo since the more popular colors were sold out.

I am happy to say that all my other towels have been discarded. I am single and hang the towel up to use for several days in a row. My old towels were thin and would usually be soaked after each use, the next day they would still be a bit damp. These towels dry me much faster and are completely dry themselves by the evening. They are soft and much more pleasing to use. Seeing how its something I use every day, I wish I would have bought some good towels a long time ago.

kiwi5675

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiwi5675

Can someone tell me what the maize color is like? More yellow or beige in color?

voltylicious

quality posts: 5 Private Messages voltylicious
shortman wrote:I have the chocolate set from a previous sale. I love them. They have held up very well to washing.

The first few times I used them, they left fluff all over my body and in my beard. The fact that i purchased the chocolate-colored somewhat exacerbated the issue, but after using and washing each of the towels a couple of times, I no longer noticed anything. The towels are the most amazing towels I've ever owned.

I just ordered more ;-)

Kingmiwok

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kingmiwok

I'm seriously considering these. I was just about to replace all of my towels.

Does anyone know how these compare to Frontgate Cotton Resort towels with zero twist?

GM

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12

Bought these last time.. more absorbent than my previous $10 towel but the plushness was disappointing. they're thinner than I anticipated. I probably wouldn't pay $40 for this set again, especially since I have no use for the hand towels.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

I bought these last time in white. They did have initial fuzz/fluff issues but are very soft and hold up well to washing, including bleaching. I was kicking myself for only buying one set last time; in for another this time.

buddyboy9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buddyboy9

Are the sea glass green or blue? It is so hard to trust colors on the computer monitor. Also I hate cutesy color names like sea glass. Where's the Football? is sea glass? Sorry about the abbreviated language!

buddyboy9

sugarpearls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarpearls
buddyboy9 wrote:Are the sea glass green or blue? It is so hard to trust colors on the computer monitor. Also I hate cutesy color names like sea glass. Where's the Football? is sea glass? Sorry about the abbreviated language!

You might get a kick out of the "Name Conversion Chart" found in the specs. I wonder what names they'll use in 2013.

2011 / 2012
Willow / Bamboo
Ivory / Cameo
Wheat / Maize
Aqua / Sea Glass
White / White
Espresso / Chocolate
Hemp / Linen

fenririii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fenririii

30” x 54" is tiny for a bath towel, that's not even 5 feet. If you're 6' or taller you should avoid this deal (unless you like tiny towels).

lindyp330

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lindyp330

I bought these in aqua (blue) last year and love them also. I am 6' 2" 200 pounds and the size is more than adequate. These microcotton towels are soft, thick, and absorbant. I never had the fuzz problem. I washed them before first use. I would not hesitate to buy them again except they do not have my winter color, red.

edit:I found the red (claret) on Fine Linens for $73. I wish I was more patient. Pulled the trigger for 4 sets. At least I got free shipping!

mom2hapakids

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mom2hapakids

These are an auto-buy for me. For me, Woot-Offs are all about Boxes Of (Micro)Cotton Towels.

My son (8 years old) turns his nose up at the other towels we have. He will only use these and will search for them.

tarrantm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tarrantm

I've got 2 each of the bamboo, maize and chocolate. I can't recommend these enough. They stay soft, don't shed and are comfortably absorbent. I just wish the size of the bath towel was the size of the bath sheets u can get an ikea. I've become spoiled by their large size so this one feels a bit small. I also wish it was as easy to find a good deal on matching bath rugs/mats. For the life of me I can't find cheap rugs to match the maize and the bamboo color. Chocolate wasn't a problem to match.

evanjb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evanjb

HomeSource has a warehouse in Atlanta and a yearly sale. This is just a little higher than the warehouse sale so it's a good price. Towels are really nice and hold up well to washing/drying. I use warm/cold to wash and low heat to dry. Yes, it takes longer to dry but towels hold up much better when they aren't toasted.

s38b36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s38b36

these are indeed nice and I enjoy those I got in a prior woot, but I find myself not really using the washcloths or the smaller hand towels as much.

consequently, the same-sized, identical near as I can tell second-from the top tier versions which you can get at Target are a better option. they were on sale randomly for $8/each last weekend in fact. regular price is $10.99. there is also a larger still "bath sheet" size, but you pay a lot more for not a lot more material.

newpillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newpillo

Everything has been worked out. A few extra steps had to be taken, but all is well. UPS was amazing at fixing the shipping address issue--I am thoroughly impressed.

The woot customer service reps were correct and consistent in their assessments.

Thanks to those who offered advice.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
newpillo wrote:This is the first time that being able to speak to someone at woot would be more helpful than using the email customer service system that is in place.

Maybe someone can help.

Saw the towels, so I logged in to purchase them. Added the items and then realized that I needed to update my shipping address. Went into my account and made the changes. The changes were saved appropriately. Went back to place my order and everything looked fine. The new address was listed, so I placed the order.

Minutes later, I received the confirmation email with the old shipping address listed. I immediately emailed service@woot.com to inform them that the order somehow reverted back to the old address. I provided the correct address.

I logged back into woot to check my saved address and it was correct. Not sure how or why it would use my old address. Perhaps there is a glitch that when something is added to your cart, the shipping address saved at that time will be locked in. Again, the correct address was listed before I made the purchase.

I received a canned response from woot saying: In an effort to streamline our shipping process, orders are now processed to ship much faster. As a result, unfortunately, we are unable to alter (quantity, color, model, shipping address, etc) your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I responded and asked for more information on what I should do. I have yet to hear back.

Although I appreciate fast shipping, it seems odd that woot wouldn't have a mechanism to step in and alter incorrect orders. I pointed out the error within 15 minutes of placing the order.

If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

How annoying. I really have no helpful suggestions, other than to suggest you also email Customer Service's new address (according to TT's prior statements, also it's now in her sig): support@woot.com

newpillo

Thank you. I just emailed support@woot.com as well. I will update once I hear back.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
newpillo wrote:Thank you. I just emailed support@woot.com as well. I will update once I hear back.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope it gets sorted out for you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

celeste91784

quality posts: 8 Private Messages celeste91784
buddyboy9 wrote:Are the sea glass green or blue? It is so hard to trust colors on the computer monitor. Also I hate cutesy color names like sea glass. Where's the Football? is sea glass? Sorry about the abbreviated language!

Sea Glass is a light aqua, really a beautiful color. I love these towels. I had no problems with fuzziness after washing them before use. In fact the lint from the dryer from their first washing was not as much as some of my other previously washed towels. Also, these are plenty plush and large enough for even someone 6' tall. The price is great for 2 sets of towels of this quality.

newpillo

inkycatz wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Hope it gets sorted out for you!

Thank you. Still no word back from service@woot.com or support@woot.com... I would be happy if woot just took a sharpie and wrote in the correct address. This really shouldn't be difficult to fix. My credit card has already been charged.

jonilyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonilyn
kiwi5675 wrote:Can someone tell me what the maize color is like? More yellow or beige in color?

I would call the maize kind of a goldenrod color, deep gold yellow, beautiful color I got a set last time and I'm getting another set this time.

newpillo

inkycatz wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Hope it gets sorted out for you!

All has been worked out. Thanks again for your help.

inkycatz

newpillo wrote:UPDATE:

I just received the following response from woot:

"If we were able to alter the address, please believe that we would. Unfortunately, once orders have been sent to processing, no changes can be made. Again, we apologize."

So, woot acknowledges that the towels are about to be shipped to the wrong address, yet there is no way to step in between the stages of processing and the actual shipping?

You ever get that image of thousands of labels, and yours is probably in the dead center? It's a lot like that, but I suspect way more automated. So while I can tell you to keep in touch with support - they've already likely advised you the next steps.

On a personal note, when I had this go to a wrong place thing happen to me - and yeah it was totally my fault, I had to have my friend send in a note to get a return label, send it back and then I got a refund. Since you probably don't know the person who's getting it, they'll likely refuse it, it'll come back, you'll get a refund. (Seriously, this happens to all of us. Support does make it right though!)

In the meantime I made you some music to feel better.

Well I don't know how else to make it right.
I know you had the feeling that your address ain't right,
We're so scared in case it goes to the wrong somewhere
And you're wondering how you'll get those towels in despair,
Fulfillment to the left of me,
Processing to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you.

Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you,
And I'm wondering how to advise you.
It's so hard to keep this sadness from my fingers
Keep in touch with support over this case!
Boxes to the left of me, Texas Air to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

newpillo

inkycatz wrote:You ever get that image of thousands of labels, and yours is probably in the dead center? It's a lot like that, but I suspect way more automated. So while I can tell you to keep in touch with support - they've already likely advised you the next steps.

On a personal note, when I had this go to a wrong place thing happen to me - and yeah it was totally my fault, I had to have my friend send in a note to get a return label, send it back and then I got a refund. Since you probably don't know the person who's getting it, they'll likely refuse it, it'll come back, you'll get a refund. (Seriously, this happens to all of us. Support does make it right though!)

In the meantime I made you some music to feel better.

Well I don't know how else to make it right.
I know you had the feeling that your address ain't right,
We're so scared in case it goes to the wrong somewhere
And you're wondering how you'll get those towels in despair,
Fulfillment to the left of me,
Processing to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you.

Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you,
And I'm wondering how to advise you.
It's so hard to keep this sadness from my fingers
Keep in touch with support over this case!
Boxes to the left of me, Texas Air to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Valnina

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Valnina

Are these towels thick and fluffy? Different responses on here. I hate thin towels a d you can't return so if anyone can tell me I would appreciate it. Also..would love matching bathroom rugs for sea glass...anyone know where I can get? Does woot sell them?

newpillo

ThunderThighs wrote:Checking but from what I'm seeing, it's not available and the picture shouldn't be there. I could be totally wrong though.

Update: Just talked to the sleepy person in the know. We didn't get the Mocha in this time. The photo will be removed shortly. Sorry for the confusion.

lindyp330

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lindyp330
Valnina wrote:Are these towels thick and fluffy? Different responses on here. I hate thin towels a d you can't return so if anyone can tell me I would appreciate it. Also..would love matching bathroom rugs for sea glass...anyone know where I can get? Does woot sell them?

I used my aqua one this morning and yes, it was thick and fluffy. Check Fine Linens online. They have them all including the red (claret) that I wanted.
http://www.finelinens.com/p-1560-microcotton-luxury-towels-by-homesource.aspx

Valnina

Thank you Lindyp330

Valnina

Just ordered in sea glass...hope to get matching bath mats!

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12
Valnina wrote:Are these towels thick and fluffy? Different responses on here. I hate thin towels a d you can't return so if anyone can tell me I would appreciate it. Also..would love matching bathroom rugs for sea glass...anyone know where I can get? Does woot sell them?

Not thick and fluffy.

aeroscout

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aeroscout

Just received these and much to my surprise, there was two of each of the towels, washcloths, etc. 2 x 3 = 6 piece set. Guess I need to read better. The good news these towels appear to be great so I am glad I ordered two sets: I won't have to reorder!

inkycatz

aeroscout wrote:Just received these and much to my surprise, there was two of each of the towels, washcloths, etc. 2 x 3 = 6 piece set. Guess I need to read better. The good news these towels appear to be great so I am glad I ordered two sets: I won't have to reorder!

That's a nice surprise.

darkheath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkheath

Hey... just got these towels and found bad stitching on one. I took a picture. What's Woots' policy on defective merchandise? Unfortunately, I had just thrown the wash cloths and hand towels in the washer before I noticed and they are wet and soapy.