WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How many countries have you lived in?
  • 72.8% - 1. USA! USA! USA! ! 1422
  • 10.2% - 2. I did a year abroad 199
  • 4.9% - 3. ‘80s Military brat, checking in. 96
  • 5.1% - 4. I’m kind of a super-spy. 100
  • 1.8% - 5. And you better believe I can bartend. 36
  • 5.1% - More than 5. I make your polls better just by being here, pleb. 100
1953 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Nhawdge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nhawdge

I think it would be hilarious if woot took your number of woots and put that in as your vote. +136 votes for #1 from me.

toddles12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddles12

Hmmmmmm.....I've lived in Singapore, Hong Kong, and the US of A...... wait, am I supposed to count Texas as a separate country?

diabolicaljedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diabolicaljedi

3, but not a military brat. USA, South Africa, & Swaziland.

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley
toddles12 wrote:Hmmmmmm.....I've lived in Singapore, Hong Kong, and the US of A...... wait, am I supposed to count Texas as a separate country?

Definitely.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I lived for a long time in South Florida. English isn't even the primary language there. Does that count?
I have vacationed in more than a dozen countries, does that count as living there?

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary

Well, *70s* Military brat checking in. Clark AB (Philippines) '69-'72.

Since I was three when we went over, my world was the base, "Uncle Bob" on the base TV station simply reading the news from a piece of paper, and videotaped TV shows.

When we moved back to the states, I was AMAZED that the news actually had "movies" with the stories, the highways where you could go faster than I've really gone in a car, fast food, and apparently there was a whole bunch of TV shows that we completely missed out on that were already in Syndication. (Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Star Trek, etc).

Talk about culture shock!

justhannah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justhannah

I live in the USA but I spent a year in Mexico as a missionary. I have also spent a lot of time in Nicaragua, however, it was always for short trips so I didn't count that.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy
dcigary wrote:Well, *70s* Military brat checking in...

Both PACAF and USAFE several times each when you include my tours too. And don't forget SAC was an entire world unto itself.

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

Born & raised in the US
Spent a period in South Africa
4 years in Sweden (where I attained my second citizenship)

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

Only ever lived in the USA but would happily take the experience of living in various places around the world. Just too broke to even travel more than 50 miles let alone across the globe... Yeah, then there's the kids... I suppose THEY might want to go too... One day they will be grown and gone (though every time we think that, a new one comes along unexpectedly!) and I will maybe run off with the Peace Corps or something that will let me see the world. I'll be like 60 by then...

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

I was born overseas (60s; Dad was in the Army). Mom & I moved back to the States a year or so later.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Lived in Israel for almost a year while working for the State Department.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

lemminghunter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lemminghunter

I have only lived in the USA, but I have a passport and have been out of the country. I really would love to go more, but plane tickets are sooooo expensive.

sarahzilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahzilla

Army brat. Lived in Germany, a bunch of different states, the middle east and Canada. Our vacations we took were spectacular. Seen places all over Europe, the middle east and Africa, Australia and new Zealand. Living here in the USA is kinda boring now.

adamsfamily2011

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adamsfamily2011

USA Only - Navy Brat but we moved around the US approximately 46 times...

adamsfamily2011

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adamsfamily2011
ladyloerya wrote:Only ever lived in the USA but would happily take the experience of living in various places around the world. Just too broke to even travel more than 50 miles let alone across the globe... Yeah, then there's the kids... I suppose THEY might want to go too... One day they will be grown and gone (though every time we think that, a new one comes along unexpectedly!) and I will maybe run off with the Peace Corps or something that will let me see the world. I'll be like 60 by then...

One can always dream :-) MAYBE they will support you in a manner that you want to become accustomed to and THEN you will get to travel and spoil grand-kids :-D ;-)

Wiredog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wiredog

I'm not even in the US right now. BTW-great question for Veteran's Day!

whatwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatwho
sarahzilla wrote:Army brat. Lived in Germany, a bunch of different states, the middle east and Canada. Our vacations we took were spectacular. Seen places all over Europe, the middle east and Africa, Australia and new Zealand. Living here in the USA is kinda boring now.

I agree on the boring USA, especially now with all the new construction, big box stores everywhere it's hard to even tell one town from another.
I was born in EU and lived there in 5 countries before immigrating to USA. Loved USA until these lost years of Obama.