WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pre-Thanksgiving: Prepping Your Thanks

Diamond in the back, sunroof top? Or maybe your kitchen is something a little simpler? Well, whatever, what matters is that you're thankful … and that you've got all the stuff you need to get cookin'. Buy now and be ready to give thanks!

Quality Posts

• (12:03 AM, 11/10/2012) lstaff has great things to say about the woot skillet.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

The bird is the word, or perhaps you're more of a side dish fan?

I'm just hanging out, really.

murphjm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murphjm

You could buy the Starfrit Gourmet Silicone and Stainless Steel Collapsible Colander with Handle Assist on this deal for $8, or you can get it for $7 at http://sellout.woot.com/offers/starfrit-collapsible-silicone-colander-7.

I can't see anything different in their descriptions.

inkycatz

murphjm wrote:You could buy the Starfrit Gourmet Silicone and Stainless Steel Collapsible Colander with Handle Assist on this deal for $8, or you can get it for $7 at http://sellout.woot.com/offers/starfrit-collapsible-silicone-colander-7.

Being looked into, thanks for the heads up!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

murphjm wrote:You could buy the Starfrit Gourmet Silicone and Stainless Steel Collapsible Colander with Handle Assist on this deal for $8, or you can get it for $7 at http://sellout.woot.com/offers/starfrit-collapsible-silicone-colander-7.

All fixed. Both are $7 now. That was an "Our Bad!" moment.

If you purchased it at $8, you can expect a refund of that dollar soonish. CS has been notified.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

I bought the Regal Ware AK112-DO Covered Stock Pot 12-Quart a few weeks ago. I haven't used it yet, but it's a nice, heavy, pretty pot.

That turkey thermometer is a bit of a one-trick pony, and it even tell you what temperature makes it go off.

For $15 at Target you can get a probe thermometer that allows you to set the target temperature and shows you the temperature of the meat.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

i bought the woot! lodge cast iron pre-seasoned pan.

IT ROCKS!!!

I cannot say enough good things about this pan: it is a nonstick pleasure!!! It is very large and yet can cook a single fried egg well.

I adore this pan. I haven't made the requisite woot! logo pancake on the pan inverted, but i am going to try. Problem is, i always forget and then the pan is too darn hot to flip over!!!!

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot

Curtis Mayfield adds a little soul to your Thanksgiving prep with "Diamond in the Back" AKA "Just be thankful for what you've got":
:

victorgazio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victorgazio

Is this one the Marcus series?

craigthom wrote:I bought the Regal Ware AK112-DO Covered Stock Pot 12-Quart a few weeks ago. I haven't used it yet, but it's a nice, heavy, pretty pot.

That turkey thermometer is a bit of a one-trick pony, and it even tell you what temperature makes it go off.

For $15 at Target you can get a probe thermometer that allows you to set the target temperature and shows you the temperature of the meat.

selfindulging

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selfindulging

Dearest Woot!

How about some toaster oven pans?

metfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages metfoo
victorgazio wrote:Is this one the Marcus series?

no the triply is. look for the metal lids not the glass

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo

Help, woot! I bought two sets of the kids.woot! diapers to send to my sister for her new baby for christmas, and now it won't let me buy anything else, no matter which payment method I use, unless I ship it to my mom's house. Mom and sister live in Las Vegas, I live in Houston. There are at least two other things on woot that I would like to buy today, but I suspect it's something to do with the "unlocking free shipping" thing that's tying me up. Could you reset that or whatever so I can buy my other stuff? I tried purchasing using a debit credit card and with my paypal account, both of which have plenty of available funds, and neither worked.

xtreemsaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xtreemsaver

You can get the same Cuisinart Roaster on Amazon for 29$ and it comes with a removable rack.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tabbyfoo wrote:Help, woot! I bought two sets of the kids.woot! diapers to send to my sister for her new baby for christmas, and now it won't let me buy anything else, no matter which payment method I use, unless I ship it to my mom's house. Mom and sister live in Las Vegas, I live in Houston. There are at least two other things on woot that I would like to buy today, but I suspect it's something to do with the "unlocking free shipping" thing that's tying me up. Could you reset that or whatever so I can buy my other stuff? I tried purchasing using a debit credit card and with my paypal account, both of which have plenty of available funds, and neither worked.

Go into My Account first and change your shipping address. If that doesn't work, can you state what error you're getting.

Also, email support@woot.com with as much info as you can provide.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mariemorris

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mariemorris
xtreemsaver wrote:You can get the same Cuisinart Roaster on Amazon for 29$ and it comes with a removable rack.

Do you have a link? The only hit I'm getting on Amazon for this exact model number is this:
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-7117-135-Classic-Stainless-Lasagna/dp/B005H05SXC

From the Amazon description, the non-handled dimensions seem to be 13.5 x 10.5 x 4; sound correct, Woot staff?

julieven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julieven

This looks like the same lasagna pan at buy.com for $28.24.

http://www.buy.com/prod/13-5-lasagna-pan-perpchefs-classic-stainless/240529426.html

inkycatz

mariemorris wrote:Do you have a link? The only hit I'm getting on Amazon for this exact model number is this:
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-7117-135-Classic-Stainless-Lasagna/dp/B005H05SXC

From the Amazon description, the non-handled dimensions seem to be 13.5 x 10.5 x 4; sound correct, Woot staff?

Yes, that sounds correct to us. (As always if needed you can always contact support@woot.com later on.

Happy chefing!

kstading

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kstading

I can buy a regular 12" Lodge pre-seasoned skillet for less than $20 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L10SK3-12-Inch-Pre-Seasoned-Skillet/dp/B00006JSUB/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1352859142&sr=1-1

While I understand this one has the Woot! logo, I don't think that explains a $12 price difference.

kle11az

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kle11az

The Cuisinart 13.5" oval buffet is $49.91 with free shipping at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000CC3ENQ/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

The Cuisinart 13.5" lasagna pan is $40.73 with free shipping, also at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-7117-135-Classic-Stainless-Lasagna/dp/B005H05SXC/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1352865279&sr=1-4&keywords=cuisinart+stainless+lasagna+pan

So I can save a couple of dollars and pay for shipping at Home.Woot? Don't think so, sorry.

craigthom

kstading wrote:I can buy a regular 12" Lodge pre-seasoned skillet for less than $20 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L10SK3-12-Inch-Pre-Seasoned-Skillet/dp/B00006JSUB/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1352859142&sr=1-1

While I understand this one has the Woot! logo, I don't think that explains a $12 price difference.

It costs more to have the custom mold made and do a custom run than it does to buy what they make regularly. I hope that explains it.

ohiodogrescue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohiodogrescue

I just received my Regal Ware 12Qt Covered Stock Pot. The dimensions on the site said it is 11" H x 15" W. The pot is nowhere near that size, even with the lid added into the measurements. I may have to return it because I really needed the size I thought it would be.

aknox077

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aknox077

"not recommended for" vs "will break the sh*t out of" induction cooktops.
Everything I've gather points to: as long as the bottom of the pan is smooth and does not have sharp edges/ridges, it is safe to use on ceramic/induction cooktops.
The rules are:
1. Do not slide the cast iron around
2. Do not slam the cast iron down

Anyone have experience with this particular pan on a ceramic cooktop? Is the ridge around the bottom smooth enough or is a completely flat(NO ridges) still the best way to go?
I have an old Lodge and just moved into a place with ceramic. The lodge is well-seasoned but the bottom is a series of sharp, concentric ridges. Nothing like what looks like a single smooth ridge.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ohiodogrescue wrote:I just received my Regal Ware 12Qt Covered Stock Pot. The dimensions on the site said it is 11" H x 15" W. The pot is nowhere near that size, even with the lid added into the measurements. I may have to return it because I really needed the size I thought it would be.

sorry for any confusion. the dimensions given were probably for the size of the package itself.

i have to further apologize because i'm not sure whether CS can take it back. our FAQ says:
Will I receive customer support like I'm used to?
Not quite. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn't work, first, find out what you're doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.

but do send an email to support@woot.com & tell them about the situation. it's worth a shot.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

craigthom

ohiodogrescue wrote:I just received my Regal Ware 12Qt Covered Stock Pot. The dimensions on the site said it is 11" H x 15" W. The pot is nowhere near that size, even with the lid added into the measurements. I may have to return it because I really needed the size I thought it would be.

It looks as if it will hold twelve quarts. Do you need a larger volume than that?

ohiodogrescue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohiodogrescue
craigthom wrote:It looks as if it will hold twelve quarts. Do you need a larger volume than that?

Actually, no. The height of the pot is much more important than the overall volume. I bought this pot to use for a hot water canning bath. I need the height in order to cover the size jars I use. This pot is simply too short to meet my needs. Had it been 11" H as stated, it would have been perfect.

xtreemsaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xtreemsaver

Your right, I must have misread the specs. Oh well.

quote postid="5238841" user="mariemorris"]Do you have a link? The only hit I'm getting on Amazon for this exact model number is this:

From the Amazon description, the non-handled dimensions seem to be 13.5 x 10.5 x 4; sound correct, Woot staff?[/quote]