WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Byrd's Gourmet Cookies

Your homemade chocolate chip cookies are probably all crunchy and burnt anyway. These tasty morsels are gourmet! And they're cleverly displayed in attractive canisters that, when placed on your coworker's desk, will make them irresistible. No shame spiral will discourage you from thirds and fourths.
Byrd's Cookie Company official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell me about your favorite cookie, and if you've tried these!

I'm just hanging out, really.

michellea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michellea

The best cookie ever is the scotch oatmeal. I am SO disappointed you don't have those included! The key lime coolers are a close second. I love byrd's!

mom2hapakids

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mom2hapakids

Does anyone know the size of the mini-cupcake jars? Are they cupcake sized? I see the Cupcake Tower on their website. That's awesome! I have a tower like that already, I'm wondering if I could buy multiple sets of the cookie jars and do the same thing. After the cookies are gone, I could fill them with small candies and other treats for Christmas.

mamayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamayo

I love Byrd's cookies.....just don't care for lime. I do wish that there had been more flavors. Their ginger snaps are the best.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mom2hapakids wrote:Does anyone know the size of the mini-cupcake jars? Are they cupcake sized? I see the Cupcake Tower on their website. That's awesome! I have a tower like that already, I'm wondering if I could buy multiple sets of the cookie jars and do the same thing. After the cookies are gone, I could fill them with small candies and other treats for Christmas.

Hi there. They are 5" tall. Hope that helps.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mom2hapakids wrote:Does anyone know the size of the mini-cupcake jars? Are they cupcake sized? I see the Cupcake Tower on their website. That's awesome! I have a tower like that already, I'm wondering if I could buy multiple sets of the cookie jars and do the same thing. After the cookies are gone, I could fill them with small candies and other treats for Christmas.

The title says 5" so I'm guessing they're a little bigger than normal cupcakes.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mom2hapakids

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mom2hapakids
superspryte wrote:The title says 5" so I'm guessing they're a little bigger than normal cupcakes.

I saw 5" x 3.5" somewhere (their website?). I got 12, if it works, it works, if not, they are going in Christmas stockings. I hope they will stay fresh that long!

traquy

quality posts: 47 Private Messages traquy

The cookie filled insulated cups would make excellent little thank you Christmas gifts (mailman, neighbor, babysitter, extra helpful lady at the bank, etc), or teacher gifts. My Mom is a teacher and she is always happy to get things she can actually USE.

ljrandall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljrandall

All of Byrd's cookies will melt in your mouth. But the Key Lime are my husband's favorite! His grandmother lives in Savannah so he has delighted in these tasty morsels a lot over the years.

So glad I found this woot.

randomidiot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randomidiot

Are the cooler cups the same as the ones on the company website? The description there says "an ounce" of cookies, but the spec here says there are two 1 oz. servings in a cup.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 140 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

randomidiot wrote:Are the cooler cups the same as the ones on the company website? The description there says "an ounce" of cookies, but the spec here says there are two 1 oz. servings in a cup.

Interesting spot, I sent this to our staff, I'll let you know what I hear back...

ORDER CANCELLATION: now within 15 mins, click here for more details...
Need Some Help? Hit us up at support@woot.com
Have Any Questions? Check out Woot FAQ
Wanna Hear What's Going on All Things Woot? Swing by Our Blog

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

I'm buying a couple of the cookie jars to use to store dog treats.

sweetcynamon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetcynamon

Anybody know if the cooler cups are dishwasher safe?

gigi889

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gigi889

Still waiting for the sea salt caramels.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

In the spirit of full disclosure, all the retail prices on Woot are higher then shown on Byrd's website. In for 3 Cupcake Cookie Jars anyway!

ThunderThighs

Staff

jiggersgreen wrote:In the spirit of full disclosure, all the retail prices on Woot are higher then shown on Byrd's website. In for 3 Cupcake Cookie Jars anyway!

I'm not seeing it.

Cookie Filled Cooler Cups
Woot = $22 for 4
Byrd's = $11.95 ea

Cupcake Cookie Jar
Woot = $16
Byrd's = $24.95

Cupcake Jars, Set of 4
Woot = $22
Byrd's = $31.95

Famous 8" Tall Glass Cookie Jar w/cookies
Woot = $21
Byrd's = $38.95

Cocktail Party Canister Trio
Woot = $21
Didn't find on Byrd's.

moebreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moebreen

I think he meant the list prices Woot quotes are higher than the actual list prices from Byrd's.

Question: Are the cooler cups BPA-free? Already bought 2 anyway, but just curious.

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm not seeing it.

Woot = $22 for 4
Byrd's = $11.95 ea

Cupcake Cookie Jar
Woot = $16
Byrd's = $24.95

Cupcake Jars, Set of 4
Woot = $22
Byrd's = $31.95

Woot = $21
Byrd's = $38.95

Woot = $21
Didn't find on Byrd's.

Spotsmom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Spotsmom

Made right here in Savannah! If you ever get here, their showroom has great food to prepare and serve to you, as well as yummy local goods and gifts. Mr. Byrd, who founded the company, would be about 110 now, I guess, and he was so nice! I toured the original bakery and watched them hand make the original cookies. His daughter and son-in-law have done a super job of growing the company and keeping up the quality! Visit the store if you can get to Savannah!

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm not seeing it.

Woot = $22 for 4
Byrd's = $11.95 ea

Cupcake Cookie Jar
Woot = $16
Byrd's = $24.95

Cupcake Jars, Set of 4
Woot = $22
Byrd's = $31.95

Woot = $21
Byrd's = $38.95

Woot = $21
Didn't find on Byrd's.

The List prices shown on Woot are higher then the ones on Byrd's site...but selling prices are lower on Woot

ThunderThighs

Staff

randomidiot wrote:Are the cooler cups the same as the ones on the company website? The description there says "an ounce" of cookies, but the spec here says there are two 1 oz. servings in a cup.

We've confirmed that it's 2oz.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jiggersgreen wrote:The List prices shown on Woot are higher then the ones on Byrd's site...but selling prices are lower on Woot

DOH! I'll pass that on.

captchrista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captchrista
Spotsmom wrote:Made right here in Savannah! If you ever get here, their showroom has great food to prepare and serve to you, as well as yummy local goods and gifts. Mr. Byrd, who founded the company, would be about 110 now, I guess, and he was so nice! I toured the original bakery and watched them hand make the original cookies. His daughter and son-in-law have done a super job of growing the company and keeping up the quality! Visit the store if you can get to Savannah!

nice to know. when i saw you posted made in savannah i had to check out the cutiepie. this would probably make a fun gift for a person that enjoys afternoon tea,bridge, mahjong etc...like my mom..lol...mmm i think they had me a red velvet...has anyone actually tasted these at our wonderful world of woot.... I would think that task to be a moral imperative.

fireinside2288

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fireinside2288

just wondering, about how many cookies per ounce?? an ounce of cookies seems soo little.. lol like 1 cookie can weigh an ounce.. cause in the pics they make it seem like your getting a bunch of cookies

huncut

quality posts: 3 Private Messages huncut

I'd like to know if the cooler cups are BPA free too.

Jagrsgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jagrsgirl
moebreen wrote:I think he meant the list prices Woot quotes are higher than the actual list prices from Byrd's.

Question: Are the cooler cups BPA-free? Already bought 2 anyway, but just curious.

According to Amazon they are: Double-walled heavy acrylic (BPA-free) cold drink tumblers come complete with gasketed lids and striped straws.

ThunderThighs

Staff

huncut wrote:I'd like to know if the cooler cups are BPA free too.

From the vendor:

The cups are BPA free and have 2oz of cookies.   Cups are recommended to be hand washed.  

aroundthetown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aroundthetown

I was sent the wrong product. Anyone eles get a laptop desk with a peace sign on it instead of wonderful cookie filled cups?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

aroundthetown wrote:I was sent the wrong product. Anyone eles get a laptop desk with a peace sign on it instead of wonderful cookie filled cups?

that's definitely not super.
email support@woot.com & let them know!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

fireatwill25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fireatwill25
aroundthetown wrote:I was sent the wrong product. Anyone eles get a laptop desk with a peace sign on it instead of wonderful cookie filled cups?

Yeah, that happened to me as well.

ThunderThighs

Staff

I just got my Jar with the Key Lime Coolers. Those are good cookies. Lime flavor with the sweet outside. Interesting and tasty.

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

Mine just arrived as well but I am going to restrain myself and give it as a gift. I don't see an expiration date for the cookies. Anyone know how long these will stay fresh?

inkycatz

MissBehaving wrote:Mine just arrived as well but I am going to restrain myself and give it as a gift. I don't see an expiration date for the cookies. Anyone know how long these will stay fresh?

Let's find out!

inkycatz

inkycatz wrote:Let's find out!

Every bag is stamped with a best by date, which is to say everything should be awesome for 9 months. Hope that helps!

ThunderThighs

Staff

FYI, I found the tiny stamp at the top of the foil bag on my Key Lime cookies. It was in black right one of the seams.

100913KL

Which I figure means 10/09/13 Key Lime.

Still tasty.

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving
ThunderThighs wrote:FYI, I found the tiny stamp at the top of the foil bag on my Key Lime cookies. It was in black right one of the seams.

100913KL

Which I figure means 10/09/13 Key Lime.

Still tasty.

Yes, I see that! It doesn't specifically say "best by" but it definitely looks like an expiration date. Thanks!

eviloverlord333

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eviloverlord333

I am still waiting for my cookie cups - those peace sign laptop thingies are nasty looking

inkycatz

eviloverlord333 wrote:I am still waiting for my cookie cups - those peace sign laptop thingies are nasty looking

Have they shown as shipped and they're just not moving? Are they still showing as awaiting shipment?

Help us help you!