WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Steepless in Tea-attle

Well, I'm gonna make a cup of tea every morning... breathe in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to make a cup of tea every morning and breathe in and out... and, then after a while, I won't have to think about how I had a great and perfect cup of tea for a while.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Is tea your brew of choice in the mornings?

I'm just hanging out, really.

nekojan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nekojan

Bad reviews on the kettle...

inkycatz

nekojan wrote:Bad reviews on the kettle...

Links, please.

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
nekojan wrote:Bad reviews on the kettle...

The glass one or the cast iron? I was coming here to curse woot because I want the glass one but don't want to spend money right now.

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive

is the cast iron one stove top safe?

ajnast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajnast

Reviews on Amazon.com are for the black version instead of the green, but the kettle is the same. Just reading through them, it looks like they're either because the manual wasn't read, or the product was defective and should've been returned.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073O3U58/

sdfreedive wrote:is the cast iron one stove top safe?

I don't think it is. It's out of stock on Newegg, but the description says it isn't recommended for stovetop use. I wanted to be sure, so I found another source that said the same thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896648022
http://www.ahappykitchen.com/primula-28-ounce-cast-iron-teapot-brown.html

inkycatz wrote:Is tea your brew of choice in the mornings?

I still can't understand why people drink coffee.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I'll have what tea's having.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

inkycatz

miken927 wrote:I'll have what tea's having.

saw what you did there, suitably amused!

anatwork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anatwork

My head just exploded. What is the point of a CAST IRON teapot if you can't put it on the stove??!

Does anyone know if it has been tried? Maybe its just a thing they put on there and you can use it on the stove?

I don't want to buy it and then have to boil water separately for it. That is a waste of time and effort and space! And I really want it!

epsy06

quality posts: 3 Private Messages epsy06
anatwork wrote:My head just exploded. What is the point of a CAST IRON teapot if you can't put it on the stove??!

Does anyone know if it has been tried? Maybe its just a thing they put on there and you can use it on the stove?

I don't want to buy it and then have to boil water separately for it. That is a waste of time and effort and space! And I really want it!

Cast iron teapots keep your tea warm for a long time without an additional heating element (some glass/china pots will have a stand for a tea light to keep the tea warm)

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

Does anyone know where the cast-iron teapot is made?

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis

Any comments/reviews on the flowering teas? Did anyone buy them last time around? I'm intrigued by the idea, but worried that the flowering tea will be more about being pretty than tasting good.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

I wanted to add a few comments on here based on some questions people are posting (even though one of the items is sold out - be informed for next time!). Cast iron is a good way to brew and keep tea. The pots won't break and will last for a long time if properly cared for. I have a more expensive pot of similar size from another brand. These cast iron pots are not designed to go in the oven. They have a plastic handle. Also, they can rust easily, so make sure they're kept dry when not in use. The pot will get seasoned by tea over time (you're not supposed to wash them, only rinse them and use special bamboo tools to clean them). They recommend preheating the pot by putting boiling water in it then dumping it out just before you brew your tea. While these pots will keep tea warm longer than a glass pot might, they still get cold, especially if you take forever to drink it (like me) or if there isn't much left in the pot. They make cast iron tea pot warmers that use tea lights, and a pot this size would be warmed sufficiently by the smaller ones. I would recommend a trivet with cast iron tea pots, since the bottom gets very hot. I really love mine, but it can be a little bit of an investment to get the ideal set-up for your cast iron tea collection.

I personally don't care for the blooming teas. Most are made from jasmine, which I think is like tasting soap. If the ball isn't dropped in the water just right, it may bloom upside down or sideways, which takes away from the effect. It can take a little while for the ball to bloom, by which time I think the tea starts to taste overbrewed. If you like strong jasmine flavor, though, you may love it. I like the idea of it, though. I have to confess that I received some as a gift, used maybe 1/4 of the package, then threw them away when I moved since I didn't like them well enough to transport them to the new home.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

'Steepless in Tea-attle'. Ha! Ha! Cute.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!