Poll: Do you work from home?
  • 11.7% - Yes. Every day. 149
  • 16.7% - No, I’d never get anything done. 212
  • 34.4% - No, I’m not allowed to. 438
  • 21.8% - Sometimes. My job is pretty flexible. 277
  • 14% - I don’t work. 178
  • 1.5% - Other (comments, please) 19
1273 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

goddess8681

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goddess8681

Working from home has it's disadvantages, like online shopping everyday pitfalls. But I honestly love wearing PJ's for my work clothes.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

If I were working, doing so at home would be ideal. I don't have a car, so school -> job -> home travel takes a serious bite out of my study time, and I have disabled family that can't be alone that long.

Plus, no pants!

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

I don't see why not wearing pants would be a deterrent, especially if you're a woman or live in Scotland.

Meanwhile, what about those of us who prepare stuff at home (e.g. internet research or prepare documents), then go to work? Hmmm? And by "every day," Woot! is neglecting those of us who pile on the work 3-4 days a week so we have more free days? Hmmm?

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

bigyoda20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigyoda20

I'm unemployed. Laid off a year and a half ago. Better economy? Where? For who?
Hey can I have one of those temporary road and bridge jobs the Pres keeps talking about? I'd ask about wind and solar jobs but the companies that were given hundreds of millions in taxpayer money went out of business.
Can I get a gov. loan? Ha ha ha, I know the answer to that.
Politicians suck!

Thpbltblt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thpbltblt

I'm a truck driver, so I guess I fall under the heading of my job won't let me. Until they make a really good remote control setup for it.

ShaggyTx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaggyTx

Would love to work one day from home and if I did would work more hours since no commute or getting ready for work - makeup etc.

stephinnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephinnl

I am in college so I do on campus class and online class. Plus I am a mom, so yeah, totally work from home.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Crap! That's a four-letter word, woot! Forum should borkify W O R K. ;-P

And yeah, I want some of that "solar" goobermint money!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

kyralexis72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyralexis72

I worked from home for years. I loved it. But then I stopped getting a lot done. I did less and less. I got depressed and started to isolate myself. Now I'm truly not allowed to work from home, lol!!

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

For the past 5 years or so, I've worked for a couple of consulting firms, and I work from my home. One thing I will not do is work in my pajamas. To me, you have to set boundaries, and once I'm in my PJs, it's MY time.