WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Stainless Royalty (Regal Ware)

No, the queen is not coming to dinner. Cuz she's already here, B! You're lookin' at her. I don't know what you had planned to cook up, but it better be better than that Hamburger Helper you murdered last week. If not, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to banish you to the dungeon (the basement). It's pretty dark and musty down there.
Regal Ware official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Review your Regal Ware for us, and pick up some new gear while you're here!

I'm just hanging out, really.

sweetsgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweetsgreen

Are these magnetic? Do they work on induction?

rayindallas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayindallas
sweetsgreen wrote:Are these magnetic? Do they work on induction?

•Safe for use on all range tops
means that it works on induction. I have the 12" stainless skillet and can verify it's magnetic, too.

metfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages metfoo
sweetsgreen wrote:Are these magnetic? Do they work on induction?

steel is magnetic, so yes, they are induction safe. They're a great set. I bought the full set from Bed Bath And Beyond as they started clearing out. I've had them for a few months now, and have buying what I can whenever they are for sale. Tonight I added the 6 quart dutch oven and a second 8 quart stock pot.

abruce87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abruce87

Is the nonstick coating teflon?

ktrenholm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ktrenholm

How are the general quality on these?

tobuns

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tobuns

I bought the 2qt sauce pan and was impressed with the build quality. I later bought the everyday pan.

Does anyone know if the 3qt steamer insert will fit the 2qt pan?

metfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages metfoo
tobuns wrote:I bought the 2qt sauce pan and was impressed with the build quality. I later bought the everyday pan.

Does anyone know if the 3qt steamer insert will fit the 2qt pan?

I have the steamer and double boiler. They will fit both the 2 and 3 qt pans.

They are comparable to All Clad in quality. Very well built

animama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages animama

I purchased the 8", 10" and 12" SS fry pans, the 2 qt sauce pan and the 3 qt Everyday pan from past Woots. I am impressed with the quality. I had to learn how to cook on stainless steel instead of non-stick. I just added the 6 qt dutch oven, the 8 qt stock pot and the 3 qt sauce pan with the double boiler and steamer inserts. I don't put my new Regal Ware in the dishwasher even though they say it is dishwasher safe. I hand wash and use Barkeepers Friend.

Some usefull links:

How to tell when to add oil to your pan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB-SCA1reqE&feature=related

How to sauté.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uin2EgUVnps

How to clean your stainless steel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKAlIsR_1HQ&feature=related

conand19

quality posts: 4 Private Messages conand19

Am I missing something. Exactly what is this, one ply or three ply. Where's the description. Can't find it on regal.com.

djzings

quality posts: 4 Private Messages djzings
conand19 wrote:Am I missing something. Exactly what is this, one ply or three ply. Where's the description. Can't find it on regal.com.

Which part of:

Superior heat conductivity and cooking performance thanks to the tri-ply construction, professional grade stainless steel sandwiched around a pure aluminum core.

Did you not understand?

I just bought seven of these pieces. Apparently they are being sent by USPS, boy are they going to love me. Ok, maybe some are being sent UPS, but the info is from August? Weird. I hope they come.

thehappyaspie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehappyaspie

Pretty excited. I've been putting off getting better cookware for some time due to cost but mostly because of the issues with the fumes from older non-stick cookware (our pet frogs died after our popcorn maker overheated. Might be a coincidence but I'd rather be safe...) I'm in for a 10" frying pan, a 3qt sauce pan, 3qt double boiler (I usually use a stainless bowl but figured why not go whole hog at $20), and the 12" sauté all in stainless steel/"triply". Spouse has destroyed enough non-stick pans over the years so now he can spend a few extra minutes when he cooks, scrubbing these, and I can put my feet up instead of ordering replacement. Maybe I'll have enough time to order new frogs and set up the vivarium. Woohoo! (also picked up the Joseph Joseph utensil carousel to free up some counter space from my big jugs of kitchen tools. That's right. Big jugs. Of kitchen tools.)

compudata

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compudata

Warning for future sales of these items... I have an induction cook top. The 8" non-stick pan works great. The 10" stainless does NOT! Just requested a return from customer service.