WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Dyson DC25 All-Floors Ball Vacuum

Speed to First Woot:
1m 1.557s
First Sucker:
nato2010
Last Wooter to Woot:
luckytofu
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 37% of Home Woots
Bottom 48% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 9% of Home Woots
Top 22% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 26% first woot
  • 9% second woot
  • 30% < 10 woots
  • 19% < 25 woots
  • 16% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 20% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 4% one month old
  • 14% one year old
  • 61% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 99% bought 1
  • 1% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

3%
2%
1%
1%
1%
1%
5%
6%
11%
9%
9%
10%
8%
5%
4%
4%
3%
3%
3%
2%
3%
4%
3%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


pupyluvr


quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Riddle:
What's yellow and has only one ball?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pupyluvr wrote:Riddle:
What's yellow and has only one ball?





FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

greezyg


quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg
pupyluvr wrote:Riddle:
What's yellow and has only one ball?



nato2010


quality posts: 5 Private Messages nato2010

Yay! I am the first sucker to buy a vacuum...punny!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

nato2010 wrote:Yay! I am the first sucker to buy a vacuum...punny!





FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mabad1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mabad1

I got one of these for 199.95 some time back here and it never really functioned as well as my other, non ball Dyson. That said, Id pass on this as they seem to have a common issue with the brush button or unit.

das6977


quality posts: 0 Private Messages das6977
mabad1 wrote:I got one of these for 199.95 some time back here and it never really functioned as well as my other, non ball Dyson. That said, Id pass on this as they seem to have a common issue with the brush button or unit.



Thanks for the advice

alokeprasad


quality posts: 1 Private Messages alokeprasad

How does it compare to DC33?
In performance and reliability?

I bought a dc33 from here and it works great.

clee91263


quality posts: 2 Private Messages clee91263

I bought mine on here about a month ago and absolutely love it! I've had 2 shoulder surgies and it's easy on my arm,suction is amazing. Would never have allowed myself to go out a purchase one at full price so this was a great deal. I'm now a Dyson fan!

xninjagrrl


quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

Why are there so many Dyson refurbs online all the time? Does not inspire confidence in their new products much less refurbs with super short warranty. 5 years on new vacuums vs 90 days on refurbs (I think). Seems like they dont have much faith in their repair process.

edit: it seems they now have 6 months warranty, has this changed, I swear it was 90 days. Still, too risky imo.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

quickbread


quality posts: 1 Private Messages quickbread

I bought this same model from Woot about this time last year. LOVE the vacuum - it is the sports car of upright vacs. Worth the price of admission is the removable brush bar. Easy-easy to remove wrapped up long hair from our teens & dog.

icbrkr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages icbrkr
xninjagrrl wrote:Why are there so many Dyson refurbs online all the time? Does not inspire confidence in their new products much less refurbs with super short warranty. 5 years on new vacuums vs 90 days on refurbs (I think). Seems like they dont have much faith in their repair process.

edit: it seems they now have 6 months warranty, has this changed, I swear it was 90 days. Still, too risky imo.



I bought my Dyson as a refurb back in 2006. I haven't had an issue with it ever. I'd guess like a lot of things, their refurbs are customer returned for things that aren't necessarily anything to do with the operation of the vacuum.

ssand23


quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

I have this exact vacuum with the purple ball. We've had it for almost 2 years now. It's awesome! I have 4 kids (1 is a toddler playing on the floor all day) & 2 cats. We all have bad allergies & needed a serious vacuum. It really cleans that well and has held up well to me using it every single day. I haven't seen any issue with the ball and would definitely recommend this to others. I thought our Bissel vacuum before this was great but when I vacuumed with the Bissel & then the Dyson, I could not believe how much dust and yuck the Bissel had left behind. Even now when I vacuum, I am surprised at home much this thing sucked up.

It's held up well to heavy use and little kids kicking it, etc. There is a piece that did break off but that was compliments of my toddler, not a Dyson problem. It's easy enough that my 2 year old can push it around to help me vacuum with out problem. And the canister is beyond easy to open & dump in the trash. No more buying vacuum bags!

sgm-co


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgm-co

Am I the only one in the Woot community that hasn't bought one of these yet? I keep telling myself the next time it comes up I am going to buy it, but then it comes and goes. My current vacuum cleaner really does stink!!!

Maybe I am reluctant due to the lack of USB ports.

gusvonpooch


quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
sgm-co wrote:Am I the only one in the Woot community that hasn't bought one of these yet? I keep telling myself the next time it comes up I am going to buy it, but then it comes and goes. My current vacuum cleaner really does stink!!!

Maybe I am reluctant due to the lack of USB ports.



I'm begging you,please buy one! I'm thinking this is why a Dyson is on here every week,Woot won't quit until you have one. You owe it to humanity.

grabby


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grabby
sgm-co wrote:Am I the only one in the Woot community that hasn't bought one of these yet?



I haven't, but I'm in the market. I want an "Animal" version and otherwise don't know which model. Need to research more. So I haven't pulled the trigger yet...

FGreg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FGreg
grabby wrote:I haven't, but I'm in the market. I want an "Animal" version and otherwise don't know which model. Need to research more. So I haven't pulled the trigger yet...



In case you're interested http://slickdeals.net/f/5513358-Dyson-DC41-Animal-Upright-Vacuum-w-Mini-Turbine-Tool-Refurbished-with-3-Year-Warranty-290-Free-Shipping

mbeneus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbeneus

How is this vacuum on stairs? Does it have a hose? Should I wait for the canister to come up?

cyberghost


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberghost
icbrkr wrote:I bought my Dyson as a refurb back in 2006. I haven't had an issue with it ever. I'd guess like a lot of things, their refurbs are customer returned for things that aren't necessarily anything to do with the operation of the vacuum.



I guess since their price is so high, and they dont want to lower their price on new ones so the make them refurb to get rid of inventories

debs4jc


quality posts: 1 Private Messages debs4jc

I just got one and the very first time I used it the roller brush stopped rotating. I thought my vacuum problems were going to be over. I guess I was wrong.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

debs4jc wrote:I just got one and the very first time I used it the roller brush stopped rotating. I thought my vacuum problems were going to be over. I guess I was wrong.



I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your purchase. Have you tried contacting Dyson Support? I'm sure they've be more than eager to help you resolve the issue.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff