WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Bath: Your Personal-Sized Lake

If you lived in a magic castle by a shimmering waterfall and a blazing summer sun, you wouldn't need anything special for your morning shower! But you don't. And your bathroom won't look pretty if you don't make an effort. We're making it easy for you: BUY THESE.

Quality Posts

• (1:59 PM, 11/16/2012) [STAFF] inkycatz has towel info.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell us about the towels! (And the other stuff, if you are inclined.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

rdermyer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdermyer

Anybody know about durability of the furniture? And the Window Pane Space Saver should definitely fit over a standard toilet, right?

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Are these the towels everyone was raving about but i forgot to order?

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

exact dimensions of the feet of the space saver would be helpful. I have a small bathroom with pipes that need to be negotiated.

pfffft!

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga

Any idea of the GSM on the towels?

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

inkycatz

LaVikinga wrote:Any idea of the GSM on the towels?

andrewtl wrote:exact dimensions of the feet of the space saver would be helpful. I have a small bathroom with pipes that need to be negotiated.

Let's see what we can find out on these.

engibarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages engibarian

http://www.zappos.com/home-source-international-egyptian-cotton-6-pc-towel-set

found it here not sure if its same but lint complaint ... not a good buy

inkycatz

Here's the towel info.

BATH: 30 X 54, 16LBS, 580GSM

HAND: 16 X 30, 4.5LBS, 550GSM

WASH: 13 X 13, 1.5LBS, 525GSM

mdillard9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdillard9

Got the Oil Rubbed Bronze Bath Set one of the last times it was offered by Woot because I was moving into an apartment. I like the set with the exception of the soap dish. Within a couple weeks the finish was rusting off all over the place where the soap sits on top. It was a disaster. The rest of the set has held up nicely though.

inkycatz

More answers!

Yes it will fit around a standard toilet.

The window pane feet are approximately 23" x 11".

The other feet are approximately 28" x 8".

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger
engibarian wrote:http://www.zappos.com/home-source-international-egyptian-cotton-6-pc-towel-set

found it here not sure if its same but lint complaint ... not a good buy

One review - one lint complaint. Can't really make a decision based on one complaint. Even 5 star reviews generally have one or more complaint on them.

I don't have this brand, but I do have a bunch of Egyptian Cotton towels, and they shed a LOT of lint in the dryer for the first five or six washings. I did not ever notice them shedding on me, however, and it would be a problem for me if I had a set that did. I wish I knew more about these in particular.

T

nickduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickduck

quality posts: 0Private Messages

Got the nickel Bath Set in earlier Woot, it looks nice when getting out of the box, but as other reviewer mentioned as well, it got rusted easily:-(

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

Okay - at the risk of sounding super crazy annoying - is there ANY chance you could find out how much clearance you need to the side of the toilet??? I am hoping that it isn't much. I only have approximately 2 1/2" between the wall & the cap on the back of the tank. :/ (one one side ONLY, the other side has room - weird set up in room where some previous owner decided to off center a toilet). I've never bought one of the over toilet storage things because I have figured there wouldn't be enough room - but if the space is 11" between legs, the cap is only 9 1/2" - so I am thinking it *might* fit, maybe....???

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

merchanttg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merchanttg
mdillard9 wrote:Got the Oil Rubbed Bronze Bath Set one of the last times it was offered by Woot because I was moving into an apartment. I like the set with the exception of the soap dish. Within a couple weeks the finish was rusting off all over the place where the soap sits on top. It was a disaster. The rest of the set has held up nicely though.

I also had rusting with the oil rubbed bronze set. The soap dispenser started rusting within a few weeks, and the toothbrush holder began rusting a couple of months after that.

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

Anyone (not reviews from other sites) have the towels personally? This seems like an awesome deal for someone, like me, who just needs a decent set to replace old ones until nicer ones can be purchased.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

janderson8417

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janderson8417

I bought the bathroom trash and soap set and it's garbage. Rusted fast. If you use the hand soap pump with wet hands, the water runs down it over time and rusts. Then it leaves a rust stain on the counter. Already threw away the bar soap dish because it corroded over time. Don't waste your money.

jonni87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonni87
janderson8417 wrote:I bought the bathroom trash and soap set and it's garbage. Rusted fast. If you use the hand soap pump with wet hands, the water runs down it over time and rusts. Then it leaves a rust stain on the counter. Already threw away the bar soap dish because it corroded over time. Don't waste your money.

Thanks for info. Very useful.

meandertail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meandertail

I too had problems with the oil-rubbed bronze bath set. As soon as it gets wet, the finish bubbles and rusts off. You can imagine how well that works for a soap dish and soap pumps.

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot

I recommend a wall cabinet over the toilet rather than a space saver; those legs are super annoying to clean around! Check the big box home stores near you, or take a look at this highly-rated one for $54: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Jezzebel-Wall-Cabinet/6511167/product.html

They're fairly easy to DIY install, or maybe ask your landlord to do it for you if you rent.

MisterBoo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MisterBoo
mdillard9 wrote:Got the Oil Rubbed Bronze Bath Set one of the last times it was offered by Woot because I was moving into an apartment. I like the set with the exception of the soap dish. Within a couple weeks the finish was rusting off all over the place where the soap sits on top. It was a disaster. The rest of the set has held up nicely though.

Ditto, it was highly annoying. The toothbrush holder is probably going to go next.