0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

Bought this for my wife about a month ago. Reviews on Amazon are a little misguided as most all of them were written by people who were given this product to try for free and instructed to write a review. Obviously, they are biased.

With that being said, my wife is really happy with this dryer. She likes the variable heat settings, and its plenty powerful enough. She likes it better than the $60 dryer it replaced.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

mikesaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikesaul

Do the 10 "Heat" settings go from zero heat and up, or warm and up?

• 1/19/12 Bag of Cuuuuuute!
  • 3/9/11 Skill Tools
  • 9/22/10 RCA HDMI cables
  • 7/12/10 WootOff lts
  • 11/19/09 Star Wars Bobble Heads
  • 11/21/08 Star Wars Vault
  • 11/19/08 BT Dongle
  • 11/15/07 Kyocera BT Headset
  • 6/1/07 Alienware ATX Case
  • 3/23/07 ADS USB SimpleTouch Encl
  • 11/22/06 Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro
  • 11/18/06 HannsG 19" LCD (rebate rec'd!)
  • 10/12/06 Seagate 250GB SATA
  • 9/25/06 Jensen 300W Pwr Inverter
  • 8/10/06 AudioFX Headset
  • 6/23/06 Canon iP6210D
  • 4/27/06 HP4×6 Paper

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33

If you have other appliances or even a lot of lights on the electrical circuit you'll be using, plan on not using the highest setting - that's just about the whole rated load for a 15 amp circuit.

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

http://www.target.com/p/goody-heat-smart-temp-blow-dryer-charcoal-gray/-/A-13906090#
Excellent reviews here and there's a statement at the bottom that says Target doesn't sponsor guest reviews. I assume that means that the reviews here are more trustworthy? Or maybe I'm over interpreting...

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Very Quick Price Comparison

With Woot Off don't have time to post links but google search finds this item ranging from a low of $19.95 (Grocery4U) to a high, $43.99 (ebay). Woot by far has the best deal.

need4mospd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd
tesla33 wrote:If you have other appliances or even a lot of lights on the electrical circuit you'll be using, plan on not using the highest setting - that's just about the whole rated load for a 15 amp circuit.

Pretty much every hair dryer uses 1875 watts. There are some "low-watt" versions that use ~1300-1500, and those suck...eh...or blow I guess...

Cptn5spd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cptn5spd

I bought this from Woot for my finace and she loves it. She said it cuts down on her morning hair preparation time significantly compared to her old dryer. Unfortunetly this dryer does draw plenty of current so must be on a circuit that is not loaded down to begin with.

stdriscoll

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stdriscoll

Got this on Woot about a month ago. Best hair dryer I have ever had. I have medium length hair and drys it in a couple of minutes. Bought 3 and am giving 2 as gifts.

Proverbs32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proverbs32

I've heard so many good things about it. I got 3. I for myself, 2 for gifting(X'mas is coming up)

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4
mikesaul wrote:Do the 10 "Heat" settings go from zero heat and up, or warm and up?

It goes from warm and up, but, it has a "cool" button on the handle that if you hold it down, it turns the heat off.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

ftrivette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ftrivette

Is it UL listed?

yldeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yldeal

My mother gone one a few weeks ago. She said that she LOVES it!!!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

I did a price comparison and plainly saw Woot had a heck of a deal here. Not needing one right now and with the added $5 shipping I passed, I thought.!

Went Woot surfing and picked up something else which unlocked free shipping. Rushed back here hoping they were not all gone and when I saw they were still available I pulled the trigger. Heck, at less than $10 and with all posts on how good this thing is, it will ride the closet until the one I am using now goes to the great appliance grave yard, which it will.

Pretty happy all in all but since it is a Woot Off day and I have unlocked free shipping, I am now going to have to sit here all darn day checking out all that comes available.

DarthVukster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarthVukster

Pffftt....this hair dryer blows.

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

monica502

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monica502

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and so far I love it. It hasn't blown any circuits in my 100+ year old house yet, but I've been cautious to turn the space heater off in the bathroom, before using the hair dryer.

klankage

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klankage

My wife approves. She has a thick crop of hair and loves it. And i can brag to my buddies that my blow dryer has 10 settings.

maeganc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maeganc

This is a great blow dryer. It is not super loud and works great. The only thing I dislike is the cool button is on the back of the blow dryer so its hard to push the button in without your fingers cramping up. Other then that its a great product and worth the cost!

Woodman668

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Woodman668
DarthVukster wrote:Pffftt....this hair dryer blows.

Tell me about it, at least it's not another vacuum cleaner, those things really suck.

Oh, and in for three. With four women in the house these things are like party favors. Now where is the $10 hair iron?

suzipeach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzipeach

Bought one of these a few weeks ago and absolutely LOVE IT. The highest setting will dry my shoulder length hair in minutes. Fairly quiet as well.

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt

Not that this hair dryer really needs any more praise (it is getting an inflated self-worth already!) but I like the one I got a couple weeks ago from woot as well. I had free shipping that day already from another purchase so I went for this. I really only wanted to get a cheap hair dryer for the rare occasion I want to use it, but this one seems a lot better than the other cheapies I've looked at.

One thing though, this thing is considered quiet? Sheesh, I think it is really loud and possibly wakes up the neighbors! But then again I only use a hair dryer pretty rarely since I have short hair.

kyledoles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyledoles

I bought this dryer on Woot a few weeks ago. I really like it. In fact, it's the best one I've ever had. Someone asked about the heat range. I just tried it- on the lowest setting it is slightly warm, not cool.

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter

bend it it just right, makes a really unusual stocking stuffer.

used the buy to turn on my free shipping ...

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

crabil88

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crabil88

I just bought this a week or two ago. I've used it once. It's alright, I don't know why everyone loves it. Seems the same as any other blow dryer to me. Wasn't any faster or hotter. The different settings is probably nice, but I've only been able to use it once so far.

briannanoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages briannanoob

I love love love this because it lets me dry my lady parts at the gym to reduce infections. Normal blow dryers are too hot. People at the gym laugh at me but I have the last laugh when they don't appear at the gym for days because of lady infections. hah!

The curvy shape allows it to fit in every nook and my granny crannies.

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91

Have any of the whiners mentioned the new fast shipping of everything woot ships? I ordered this on Tuesday, November 20th, and even with the holiday, I received it the day after Thanksgiving, the 23rd.

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)