6%
7%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

I don't think ROd's friends really expected him to bring anything. My BIL always said "I'll bring the CHeetos!" and I would say, "If you think you will eat them, then by all means."

Rod could simply have gone into his wine.woot stash and brought a bottle of Emergency Provisions (if he hadn't lost it in the divorce) or any of the great Sangioveses or Pinot Noirs that woot sells, and that would have satisfied his need to bring something and his need to relax. Of course, he couldn't just hang out in a recliner at his friends' house, but I'll bet the pies were better than that cold pizza.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

in a word: UGLY

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

simplyaok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simplyaok
smartheart wrote:in a word: UGLY

Ditto!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
smartheart wrote:in a word: UGLY

How about two words?

EXTREMELY UGLY!

You know what these things scream for? That clear plastic stuff people used back in the 50's and 60's to protect the fabric on furniture and car seats. Archie Bunker would not be caught dead sitting in one of these! Praise the Lord they were not on Home Woot's Woot Off yesterday. They would have been up all day long and the only product seen.

Wait- that is a heck of a lot more words than two. Well, forget all the other stuff and just go back to the two.
EXTREMELY UGLY!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I saw these at the office yesterday. They look nice than the pictures show.

The brown chair is soft and pretty darn comfy.

The beige chair is a more firm chair but looks very nice.

The mechanism to recline is super easy - just a gentle push back.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nvgeologist

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nvgeologist

As a geologist, I think I'm qualified to speak on this matter. While both recliners wear earth tones nicely, it's well known that geologists make the bedrock, not the chair recline.

/And if I hadn't picked up a nice leather recliner the other day, I'd be interested

harmonious2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonious2
nvgeologist wrote:As a geologist, I think I'm qualified to speak on this matter. While both recliners wear earth tones nicely, it's well known that geologists make the bedrock, not the chair recline.

/And if I hadn't picked up a nice leather recliner the other day, I'd be interested

As a psychic, I predicted you would say that.

xerobull

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xerobull
ThunderThighs wrote:I saw these at the office yesterday. They look nice than the pictures show.

The beige chair is a more firm chair but but looks very nice.

The mechanism to recline is super easy - just a gentle push back.

Any other feedback like this? I'm interested in these chairs but need more info.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
ThunderThighs wrote:I saw these at the office yesterday. They look nice than the pictures show.

So you're no longer working from your desk? Where do you put your coffee?

therealjrn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages therealjrn
ThunderThighs wrote:The mechanism to recline is super easy - just a gentle push back.

That's what she said.

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

ThunderThighs

Staff

xerobull wrote:Any other feedback like this? I'm interested in these chairs but need more info.

Ask away. I'm up for a few more minutes.

From the buyer: The weave of the fabric on these chairs is made of 2 colors of threads. This creates a 3rd color to the eye. Depending upon the light and direction of the fabric it can change hues. The Psychic is more beige to me than grey.

You can really see the different warp / weft threads on the Psychic swatch than the other one.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

woottoady wrote:So you're no longer working from your desk? Where do you put your coffee?

Heh, I still work from home but I go into the office a couple times a week now for various meetings, to look at products before they sell, etc.

cyclista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclista

How hard are they to get out of?

ThunderThighs

Staff

cyclista wrote:How hard are they to get out of?

No, very easy. They don't rock and you don't sink down into them. And a nice height so you're not falling into them. That's the things that make chairs hard for me to get out of.

fonteszd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fonteszd

I worry about the depth of the leg rest.. I stand about 6'2", and I worry that those leg rests when extended might just get me in the back of the knee. Any feedback from anyone who has seen them in person?

ThunderThighs

Staff

fonteszd wrote:I worry about the depth of the leg rest.. I stand about 6'2", and I worry that those leg rests when extended might just get me in the back of the knee. Any feedback from anyone who has seen them in person?

Not sure if I can help there. I'm about 5'8" so no shorty. The leg rest is padded and was comfy for me. I think it hit me at the calf but I'm not positive on that. It felt like every other recliner in that regard.

cruiz7197

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cruiz7197
harmonious2 wrote:As a psychic, I predicted you would say that.

As a Proctologist, I'd say that you both are full of Sh$t...

bonehead59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonehead59
harmonious2 wrote:As a psychic, I predicted you would say that.

love the quote, "geologists make the bedrock!"

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok Wooters. It's my bedtime. I'll try to check back in a few hours to see if there are more questions.

lost871

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lost871

how durable would you say these chairs are?

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor
mjc613 wrote:I don't think ROd's friends really expected him to bring anything. My BIL always said "I'll bring the CHeetos!" and I would say, "If you think you will eat them, then by all means."

Rod could simply have gone into his wine.woot stash and brought a bottle of Emergency Provisions (if he hadn't lost it in the divorce) or any of the great Sangioveses or Pinot Noirs that woot sells, and that would have satisfied his need to bring something and his need to relax. Of course, he couldn't just hang out in a recliner at his friends' house, but I'll bet the pies were better than that cold pizza.

I dunno--I think Rod's got the right idea! Wish I could just sit somewhere and do next to nothing for a day.

charliecarroll

cruiz7197 wrote:As a Proctologist, I'd say that you both are full of Sh$t...

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are. lol

ajdturner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajdturner
nvgeologist wrote:As a geologist, I think I'm qualified to speak on this matter. While both recliners wear earth tones nicely, it's well known that geologists make the bedrock, not the chair recline.

I'm a geologist too, and curious how this chair is better suited to my butt than any other. Wouldn't a rocking chair be a better one for geologists?

janry

quality posts: 6 Private Messages janry

These chairs remind me of recliners I've seen in hospital rooms for guests. I've had to spend a few nights in hospital rooms before staying with family and have always found those recliners to be good sleeping recliners despite their appearance and firmness. If I thought these were as good as those, I'd order one right now. But, I don't even know who manufacturers these.

charliecarroll

janry wrote:These chairs remind me of recliners I've seen in hospital rooms for guests. I've had to spend a few nights in hospital rooms before staying with family and have always found those recliners to be good sleeping recliners despite their appearance and firmness. If I thought these were as good as those, I'd order one right now. But, I don't even know who manufacturers these.

I am very sorry to say I have spent way too many hours and days in just the recliner you speak of. And yes they are very easy to sleep in seeing as you are totally exhausted from spending days in the hospital. I would have at times been able to sleep on a bed of nails if given some quiet and darkness.