3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Tristan944

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tristan944

These are awesome. Once I bought my first Vornado fan, I haven't been able to buy anything else.

mofish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mofish

Bought one of these a while back, lasted a month and broke. Would not recommend.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Glad it's not a half room circulator.

rajuorbhikhu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rajuorbhikhu

Too bad its not a fan....

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

Nothing but praise for Vornado products. Super tempting.

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1

I bet the people who just bought it for 1 cent more on the woot side deal are ticked!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mofish wrote:Bought one of these a while back, lasted a month and broke. Would not recommend.

Did you contact their customer support? One of mine started making a weird noise after a year and they replaced it. Their service was great.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

davemeigs5

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davemeigs5

I bought a similar one(2 speed, same wattage)3 1/2 years ago from WOOT. Very quiet and at low speed pushes more air than a 16" stand fan at high speed.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
ThunderThighs wrote:Did you contact their customer support? One of mine started making a weird noise after a year and they replaced it. Their service was great.

My fan like this has been running great for two years. Super powerful and much quiter than the honeywell fans.

I also had to do a warranty replacement on one of my Vornado Zippi fans and all they had me do was take a picture of me cutting the cord off and they shipped me a replacement. Very easy and quick.

ThunderThighs

Staff

I have probably 4, maybe 5, Vornado fans. I love them. They really move the air. Their customer service was wonderful too. You can't beat a 5 year warranty.

Many of you were pleading for Vornados and I made sure to pass that on to the buyers. Here they are so go and get 'em.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

suzika

quality posts: 8 Private Messages suzika

We have three of these we use throughout the house and they tremendously lowered our AC bill as we don't have to use the AC on as high. We are also able to use them instead of AC for a long time.

They are quieter than all other fans we have bought, and we have had no problems with them.

I'm tempted to buy one or two to just have in case we need them.

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:I have probably 4, maybe 5, Vornado fans. I love them. They really move the air. Their customer service was wonderful too. You can't beat a 5 year warranty.

Many of you were pleading for Vornados and I made sure to pass that on to the buyers. Here they are so go and get 'em.

so this is where you hang when not chugging grape juice...

Vornado rocks, quietly. All other fans in the house have made it to the thrift store as donations. We now have five Vornado's and love them as they are so quiet and mooove so much air.

CT

Jesterfx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesterfx
ThunderThighs wrote:I have probably 4, maybe 5, Vornado fans. I love them. They really move the air. Their customer service was wonderful too. You can't beat a 5 year warranty.

Why did you have to wait until the summer heat was gone lol? I was waiting/watching/hoping for Vornados for the last 4 months but none ever showed up on any of the woots (unless I missed them) but now that it's cooled down it's less urgent. Ready for next year I guess

Mikeymadness

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Mikeymadness

I bought my first Vornado from woot! back in January 2010. In the summer I turn this thing on, put it at the base of the basement stairs pointing up and leave it on till the cool weather comes back, 24/7. For months. I cannot kill it.

I've even bought a few more, they are that good. It really helps the air conditioner run much more efficiently.

I don't need another, but damn you woot!, I think you've sucked me in yet again.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Jesterfx wrote:Why did you have to wait until the summer heat was gone lol? I was waiting/watching/hoping for Vornados for the last 4 months but none ever showed up on any of the woots (unless I missed them) but now that it's cooled down it's less urgent. Ready for next year I guess

We get good deals in the off season? I use my Vornados year round. I have to have air moving in my bedroom. I have a ceiling fan and Vornado going almost all the time.

FORUM MODERATOR

garthsworld

quality posts: 2 Private Messages garthsworld

I only have good praise for these fans. I got one the same size but with a slightly different base several years ago at BBB end of season sale and it has worked great. Much quieter than most fans and it really moves a flow of air - even 8 to 10 feet in front of it you can feel the width of the air flow which is narrow. These work very well if you are trying to get air to move from one part of the home to another.

lsmountford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsmountford

I have 2 of these: one is about 6 yrs old, the other 4 yrs old. Probably the same model as this one -- they look identical. Both are still going strong.

VERY quiet, really move the air. They get nearly daily use for 2-3 months during the summer. Would happily purchase again.

wootfertexas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootfertexas

Got one from here that has about a two foot stand. Great air mover. Been waiting for another, this will have to do.
Actually got the more expensive version yesterday. Well worth it even for a penny more.

robio

quality posts: 42 Private Messages robio

Here to join the chorus. I have 6 of the same size 2-speeders (that clip to their base, rather than being fixed) and one 3-speed stand-up — all from various Wootings. It's the only brand I'll ever buy if the ones I have ever go south.

One of them had a bit of a funny racket when I first got them, and Vornado shipped me a replacement, no questions asked, and I didn't have to return the loser — they just asked me to clip the cord and throw it away.

I'm buying at least one this round as gift.

scottinks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottinks

I'm in for 2 of these. I got a Vornado here a while back and it's the best fan i've ever had.
I highly recommend the brand.

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

Yes! Love this! Definitely have to have at least one...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Make sure you check out the daily deal on http://pop.woot.com/ as well as the great Plus deals.

FORUM MODERATOR

raney2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages raney2

I have an old beige Vornado I bought in the late 90s. It's still working and by far the best fan I've ever owned. Same size as this one.

wichitaotc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wichitaotc

We have only Vornado fans in our home because they're so good. I think we've gotten at least eight or ten years from some of them, although those are showing their age.

They really work well, and we're spoiled for other fans. This is a great price, even for the smaller fan. I don't think you'd regret it.

Milquetoast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Milquetoast

Bought my first Vornado fan from Woot back in '08 and it's still going strong, running 12-15 hours a day. Now they're all I buy. Don't even waste your money on other brands, Vornado is the real deal. I already have 2 of the model up tonight, yet I'm tempted to buy it anyway.

frhorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frhorn

Sentimental Day! I opened my Woot! account in 2009 by purchasing the Vornado stand fan (just 1--what a fan novice!) and followed it up 2 months later w/ 3 of these exact fans. Each fan runs nearly constantly since then. NO problems with any of them! This style fan is around $65 if you can find it on sale in retail stores. Those who know fans know the name Vornado.

I use 2 in my home (1300 sq ft) to push the air in a circle around the floor plan. Had major construction remodel a few years ago in the summer in TN. Used these fans since couldn't turn on A/C and they were workhorses! Took 1 to work for my office...fan on and phone calls? No prob!! Other one in master BR to keep air flowing. Getting 3 more....sending as gifts to fam in FL and replace my dusty one from the remodel. Will relegate Dusty downstairs for the pups.

The fans are quiet, powerful and workhorses. If you only bought 1, you will wish you maxed out your account and bought 3. I promise! You will be BLOWN away with this deal!!
::::::okay I know....but no one used that yet...could not resist:::::::::::

xdavex

quality posts: 16 Private Messages xdavex
ThunderThighs wrote:

That's why we heart you so much TT.
Today's offer will be my third Vornado.

rrti

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rrti

I didn't know I could beg for deals, because if I could it would have been vornados. I bought one on woot before and was amazed. Went through construction projects, covered in dust etc. simply awesome fans that are unlike anything else. Maxed out on this deal, great Christmas presents. Thanks woot.

-RR

amantiado

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amantiado

I'm sure this is a great little fan, but the $16 Lasko box fan at Home Depot can circulate almost 10x the volume of air- 2500 vs 283 cfm.
I've had one running 12/7 from May-September for 3 seasons in a window. It's as bulky and cumbersome as it is efficient and effective.
Not for everyone, but if you need to move a large volume of air, it's hard to beat.

I'm just sayin'...

srees

quality posts: 9 Private Messages srees

I need a fan that makes some noise. We've got trains nearby, and are looking to cover the noise at night. Will these make plenty of noise on max setting?

How can something be better than nothing if nothing is perfect?

I can haz badgez finally after 12 Bungled Original Communicator

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
srees wrote:I need a fan that makes some noise. We've got trains nearby, and are looking to cover the noise at night. Will these make plenty of noise on max setting?

Clearly you've not read the thread.
You want noise, go buy @ K-mart, don't waste you $$$ on these, these are not the ones you are looking for.

CT

srees

quality posts: 9 Private Messages srees
rjquillin wrote:Clearly you've not read the thread.
You want noise, go buy @ K-mart, don't waste you $$$ on these, these are not the ones you are looking for.

I did read the thread... We have a couple of the Vornado fans that are two speed, an they are plenty loud when put on max speed. Just not sure how this model compares, folks aren't saying whether it quiet on max or on a lower of the three speed settings.

How can something be better than nothing if nothing is perfect?

I can haz badgez finally after 12 Bungled Original Communicator

wvuguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wvuguy

The midsize 630 model I bought here 3 years ago runs 24/7 for the better part of 6 months/year circulating cooler downstairs air into our 2 story foyer; and the only time it does anything other that what it was intended to do is when the power is out or it's turned off. Wish this Woot was the same unit, but I'm jumping onboard (possibly for two).

tryzub

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tryzub
srees wrote:I did read the thread... We have a couple of the Vornado fans that are two speed, an they are plenty loud when put on max speed. Just not sure how this model compares, folks aren't saying whether it quiet on max or on a lower of the three speed settings.

Go with the $16 Lasko at Home Depot if you want loud.

lroller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages lroller

I bought two Whole Room Vornado heat fans a couple of Woot weeks ago. I am impressed with the volume of air the fan puts out with and without heat. The design of the grill appears to create turbulence in the air stream. I am in for the max.

bmel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bmel

I got one from woot about 4 years ago and it's still running fine!
I love this fan soo much!
It's even taken a fall from about 5 feet up onto a hardwood floor WHILE running.. Still works like a dream.

We use ours non-stop from may to sep every year. Best fan I have ever gotten!

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

We got two 630's in 2/10 from Woot! They're perfect for drying out wet basements and garages. In for 2 of the 530's. Getting these for venting nail polish fumes out of the teenaged daughter's room. That's stuff's toxic!!

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

I don't know why people are so impressed that the fan is still working after 2 or 3 years. I have a 20 year old fan I bought at Walmart for $10 that still works like new. A fan isn't that complicated and any brand SHOULD run for YEARS.

awesomeaustin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages awesomeaustin
dliidlii wrote:I don't know why people are so impressed that the fan is still working after 2 or 3 years. I have a 20 year old fan I bought at Walmart for $10 that still works like new. A fan isn't that complicated and any brand SHOULD run for YEARS.

It's not so much the fact that these fans last for a handful of years... It's that they run like champions 24/7/365 with no hiccups. I bought my first Vornado when I went to college in 2002. That fan still runs all day in our master bedroom circulating air 10 years later. I dare anyone to take their $10 Walmart fan next to my Vornado and do the "blow test." Turn on the cheap fan and start walking backwards till you can't feel the air movement anymore. Then turn n the Vornado and repeat the same test.

Once you own a Vornado it's hard to own anything less. I'm a fan snob... And that's weird.