2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry for the problems some of you are having with the sites. The Developers are working hard to get things working for everyone.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lord John Whorfin

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Lord John Whorfin

Awesome deal on excellent espresso machines. Costs per cup is less than half what you pay with the capsule systems. Saeco machines are reliable, easy to maintain and durable (my current one is 16 years old and still going strong)
If you like cappuccinos, just add a CBTL milk frother ($60) and you're set.
Best price I've ever seen on a refurb, by far.

cjshaker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cjshaker

Reviews at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Saeco-Automatic-Espresso-Machine/dp/B002PI82OQ

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Saeco-Automatic-Espresso-Machine/dp/B000QDV4AQ

ThunderThighs

Staff

cjshaker wrote:Reviews at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Saeco-Automatic-Espresso-Machine/dp/B002PI82OQ

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Saeco-Automatic-Espresso-Machine/dp/B000QDV4AQ

Your second link is to the Odea Go. We're selling the Odea Go Plus. Not sure of the difference but FYI.

CORRECTION: We are not selling the Plus. We are selling the Odea Go (no Plus). Sorry for the confusion.

Argggg: we are selling the Odea Giro. The giro has 2 things the go does not, rapid steam and opti dose

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sboneill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sboneill
ThunderThighs wrote:Your second link is to the Odea Go. We're selling the Odea Go Plus. Not sure of the difference but FYI.

now I'm confused. is the model being sold the odea giro plus? thank you

fiat124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fiat124

I see on the Specs tab that these are 120V. Is that 120V ONLY or are they by any chance dual voltage? For those of us APO/FPO'ers overseas. Thanks!

Samus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Samus
fiat124 wrote:I see on the Specs tab that these are 120V. Is that 120V ONLY or are they by any chance dual voltage? For those of us APO/FPO'ers overseas. Thanks!

really good deal on the Vienna plus.

I wouldn't recommend the Odea. It looks nicer but I've owned a Vienna in the past and there is no way the Odea could be better at the same price. My Vienna lasted 3 years before the pump went out. I thought about having it repaired but the grinder had also started making weird noises and was on its way out, too.

3 years of daily use saved me a few grand opposed to going to the coffee bar so for the $400 I paid for it at the time it was absolutely worth it.

The problem I have with "automatica" machines is they take some of the fun and personalization out of the espresso. You don't get to tamp your grounds (which can help adjust boldness) and the water supply is never as fresh (especially if you don't use it daily) so after sitting in the tank for a few days it will always pickup some plastic-y flavor. The same goes for the bean hopper. It is clear and doesn't air seal 100%, letting light in and oxygen dry out your beans. This can produce oily coffee and off-flavor.

But in all honesty I have slowly been becoming a coffee snob over the years so going 'manual' is a personal trend I made. The Saeco Vienna is the best automatica there is and makes better coffee than many barista's that think they know what they're doing, and it's more consistent at what it does.

ThunderThighs

Staff

sboneill wrote:now I'm confused. is the model being sold the odea giro plus? thank you

Well, I'm not sure and it looks like it might be in the morning before we know so we can contact the vendor.

After some research, I found that the difference is that the Plus has Rapid Steam.

ghyo1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ghyo1
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, I'm not sure and it looks like it might be in the morning before we know so we can contact the vendor.

After some research, I found that the difference is that the Plus has Rapid Steam.

What you have pictured is the Giro Go, not the Go Plus.

The Giro Go refurbished is $279.00 at Seattle Coffee Gear, making this one at $234.00 a good deal. New, the Giro Go is about $100.00 more than the Vienna Plus. Based on price alone, it is the better deal.

bobermeier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobermeier

Can't speak to the Giro machine but I bought the Vienna Plus on Woot! back in January for $250 and I absolutely love it. When it went down recently (skipping the grinding cycle) it was like losing a friend. It makes great espressso and any size coffee you want and can be easily adjusted to your taste. As a backup for when I'm sending my Vienna Plus in for service I recently bought the Saeco Syntia Cappucino machine on Woot! for twice the money and do not like it as much as the Vienna Plus. I'm buying another Vienna Plus machine tonight for a coffee drinking friend and I'm sure that he will put it to good use. The Vienna Plus is a great introduction to super-automatics and a steal at this price.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Vienna Plus!

Sipping a cup as we speak.

If there's a coffee drinker on your Christmas list this is where to drop your coin.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:Well, I'm not sure and it looks like it might be in the morning before we know so we can contact the vendor.

We have it straightened out now. We've called the vendor and we are selling the Odea Go, not the Plus version.

Argggg: we are selling the Odea Giro. The giro has 2 things the go does not, rapid steam and opti dose

Sorry for the confusion. If you would like to change your order, please email support@woot.com for assistance.

teddyg332

quality posts: 1 Private Messages teddyg332

5 years with Odea Giro. Great machine. Great taste. Prefers less oily beans. Dual boiler is great for instant steamed milk. Replaced grinder after 4 years for $200. Highly recommend.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Are The Savings Offered Here on Woot Large Enough To Make a Refurbished Machine Your Choice?

Today's Woot = $229.99 + $5 shipping for your choice, Saeco Vienna Plus or Odea Giro Espresso Machines. Opional, add $37.99 for 1 year Square Trade Warranty

Sears (Vienna Plus New) = $579.00 + $19.95 shipping
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM6313630701P?sid=I0084400010000100600&PID=1892283&aff=Y

Amazon (Vienna Plus New) = $449.99 + ships free
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PI82OQ?ie=UTF8&tag=dealswoot-20&m=ANG0H7P9LY7ZH

Whole Latte Love (Vienna Plus New) = $395.75 + ships free
http://www.wholelattelove.com/Saeco/saeco_vienna_plus_silver.cfm

***A question was raised about the product listed below as compared to one of the products being sold on Woot today. For a while it was said It was the 'go' and not the 'gyro' that was being sold. It has now been verified by staff it is in deed the GYRO. Also, it has been confirmed the Gyro and the Gyro plus are indeed the same machine with color being the only difference. So, the links below are fair and impartial reflections of prices being compared fairly to today's Woot offer.

Seattle Coffe Gear (Odea Giro Plus New) = $477.50 + ships free
http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/saeco-odea-giro-plus-espresso-machine-with-optidose-ii?gdftrk=gdfV25576_a_7c1994_a_7c7459_a_7cESU119A0240&gclid=CIDb0tuf5bMCFQsGnQodyCUAuQ

Cosco (Odea Giro Plus New) = $399.99 + ships free (Cosco membership required to buy)
http://www.costco.com/Saeco-Odea-Giro-Plus-Automatic-Espresso-Machine.product.11737794.html

ebay (Odea Giro Plus New) = $465.89 + shipps free
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saeco-Odea-Giro-Plus-Automatic-Espresso-Machine-Ceramic-Disc-Grinder-NEW-/121016731511?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item1c2d28c777

So, New in Box or Refurb?
The answer of course would differ from person to person so there is no wrong answer. But for me, the gap in price from new to referb is large enough I believe many would feel the refurb would be the way to go. Using the lowest new price the refurb offered by Woot comes in at $160.76 less and even $122.77 less if you opted for the one year warranty. BTW, I could not find a warranty statement on new models so I could not compare the two. Many will see the Woot refub as a strong savings and a deal. Others, like those that would giving the product as a gift may feel much better with a new in box model.

**Note**
For this comparison I did a good faith random search using 'google' in an effort to find the best web prices that I could find. The Web is a huge place and certainly it is possible you may find lower prices doing your own web search.

modnet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modnet
charliecarroll wrote:
[b]Seattle Coffe Gear
(Odea Giro Plus New) = $477.50 + ships free
http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/saeco-odea-giro-plus-espresso-machine-with-optidose-ii?gdftrk=gdfV25576_a_7c1994_a_7c7459_a_7cESU119A0240&gclid=CIDb0tuf5bMCFQsGnQodyCUAuQ

Cosco (Odea Giro Plus New) = $399.99 + ships free (Cosco membership required to buy)
http://www.costco.com/Saeco-Odea-Giro-Plus-Automatic-Espresso-Machine.product.11737794.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saeco-Odea-Giro-Plus-Automatic-Espresso-Machine-Ceramic-Disc-Grinder-NEW-/121016731511?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item1c2d28c777

See this

ThunderThighs wrote:Your second link is to the Odea Go. We're selling the Odea Go Plus. Not sure of the difference but FYI.

CORRECTION: We are not selling the Plus. We are selling the Odea Go (no Plus). Sorry for the confusion.

charliecarroll

modnet wrote:

Under specs it listed as Saeco Odea Giro. Also and more importantly, woot has a link to the manual and the manual clearly has 'gyro plus' on it so again, I had to think plus. From Woot Staff verification the offer from Woot [u]is not the 'Go' and is the 'Gyro'. Also verified, the manual Woot has linked to is for the Plus. Verified also, that is because the Gyro and the Gyro Plus are in fact the same machine in all ways, including price with the one exception being color. With that verified, the links I have posted are a true representation and fair comparison. Thanks for bringing my attention to it as I wanted to verify once you did. Thanks again.

mrchris42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrchris42

We've had one for 2 years now and it works well, is hella-convienent, and pretty consistent on the strength of the coffee. We make Americanos and Mochas every day (Eggnog lattes for the holidays!) Everything is great except for the water tank connection leaks a little from time to time, and the mysterious alarm light which often goes out after the last thing you check. For example the alarm light is lit, Hmmm, water full (check), coffee hopper full (check), spent ground hopper not too full (check), spent water pan not too full (check), BrewGroup need cleaning (nope, check). WHY IS IT ON??!! 4 minutes later --Oh, the steamer valve was not fully closed! We also removed the steamer foamer thingy as the foam from steaming the milk would overflow before the milk was hot. BUT, we'd still buy it again for the convenience even at a higher price.

Not a Pirate, but I'll probably take your boat anyway --Arrr!

charliecarroll

Sorry if I added to the confusion but when I checked what woot had under features it states 'gyro' and not 'go'. It does not have plus on it though but, if you look at the link woot has for the manual, it is in fact the gyro plus and that is how I made my mistake. I felt pretty certain about the model being offered after I saw the manual posted by Woot and it was the Gyro Plus. Please PM me with verified model number and I will make the corrections ASAP or delete my post which ever is best. However, you still need to take the link down to the gyro plus manual. Thanks

ThunderThighs

Staff

charliecarroll wrote:Under specs it listed as Saeco Odea [u]Giro[\u] and did not specify plus or gyro. Also and more importantly, woot has a link to the manual and the manual clearly has 'gyro plus' on it so again, I had to think plus. Going back to make corrections as quickly as I can be sure of exact model and do this as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Yeah, I suck today. We are selling the Odea Giro. The giro has 2 things the go does not, rapid steam and opti dose.

Now, back to bed.

charliecarroll

ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, I suck today. We are selling the Odea Giro. The giro has 2 things the go does not, rapid steam and opti dose.

Now, back to bed.

So, is the product I am showing links to correct and I do not have to delete or change or is my post incorrect? I am really confused now. lol

BTW, TT, you do not suck. The Dyson being sold sucks! But of course it is supposed to. lol

donnybeans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnybeans
mrchris42 wrote:We've had one for 2 years now and it works well, is hella-convienent, and pretty consistent on the strength of the coffee. We make Americanos and Mochas every day (Eggnog lattes for the holidays!) Everything is great except for the water tank connection leaks a little from time to time, and the mysterious alarm light which often goes out after the last thing you check. For example the alarm light is lit, Hmmm, water full (check), coffee hopper full (check), spent ground hopper not too full (check), spent water pan not too full (check), BrewGroup need cleaning (nope, check). WHY IS IT ON??!! 4 minutes later --Oh, the steamer valve was not fully closed! We also removed the steamer foamer thingy as the foam from steaming the milk would overflow before the milk was hot. BUT, we'd still buy it again for the convenience even at a higher price.

Which one do you have?

ShyGuy91284

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ShyGuy91284

Soooo tempting after I missed the Amazon $300 lightning deal on it... But Im wary of purchasing a refurb food appliance, especially when it's refurbished by a third party, not the manufacturer...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

charliecarroll wrote:So, is the product I am showing links to correct and I do not have to delete or change or is my post incorrect? I am really confused now. lol

i'm stepping in with a blurb from our vendor. let me know if this isn't a sufficient answer; i just took over a leetle bit ago.

"The Giro, and Giro plus are the same machine, Primarily the Giro(which your selling is black/silver) and the Giro Plus is Silver on Silver. The manual you have up says Giro/Giro Plus that is the correct manual as functionally they are the same machine. To really dig deep, the only functional difference between the 2 are how the steam button works, they both do the same thing, but on the Giro you depress the button for steam, on the plus you depress the button for hot water."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

charliecarroll

PemberDucky wrote:i'm stepping in with a blurb from our vendor. let me know if this isn't a sufficient answer; i just took over a leetle bit ago.

"The Giro, and Giro plus are the same machine, Primarily the Giro(which your selling is black/silver) and the Giro Plus is Silver on Silver. The manual you have up says Giro/Giro Plus that is the correct manual as functionally they are the same machine. To really dig deep, the only functional difference between the 2 are how the steam button works, they both do the same thing, but on the Giro you depress the button for steam, on the plus you depress the button for hot water."

Thanks- I was worried I had posted prices that were not fairly competitive as it was going back and forth on was the Woot offer a Gyro or a Go. With your answer I now know my links and the product linked with is fairly and equally representative as to the product being sold here. Obviously I want to make sure any information I post is accurate and correct. Thank you again.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

charliecarroll wrote:Thanks- I was worried I had posted prices that were not fairly competitive as it was going back and forth on was the Woot offer a Gyro or a Go. With your answer I now know my links and the product linked with is fairly and equally representative as to the product being sold here. Obviously I want to make sure any information I post is accurate and correct. Thank you again.

no worries...thank YOU!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

DaveD1420

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaveD1420

Thinking of pulling the trigger in the Giro. So far it seems like many of the Vienna owners love their machines, but they all went down within a few years, including one in less than a year.
Question: which one has the more easily accessible water container and bean hopper? I hope to not let the water sit for days and days (and definitely not the beans).

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Country of origin? I've had good luck with the old machines made in Italy. Where are these made?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

RonMel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RonMel

My second one died after 4 years - had the Vienna in black. Hurricane Sandy f-ed us up pretty good and we were on generator for 13 days, I have to imagine that the Saeco did not like square sine waves :-( and the grinder burned out.

I needed a coffee maker PDQ and bought a K-Cup Cuisinart @ the local KOHLS for $120 with discounts - however - I am about to order this unit as we really enjoyed it that much (and it just worked). I paid $450 for the last one (new) and the 1st one lasted 3 years (it was a refurb) so you cannot go wrong here.

Just FYI - beans will make a huge difference. Starbucks beans seemed to grind the easiest - the box store brands and the KONA coffee beans sounded like rocks in the grinder.

DaveD1420

I'm a homeroaster. Does anybody else roast at home and have one of these machines? Experiences?

baseproduct

quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems some of you are having with the sites. The Developers are working hard to get things working for everyone.

The cash grab was a rash stab, you're saying?

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I own a Saeco Magic (not one of the models offered here) and in my experience their customer service is great.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

LurkerDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LurkerDan

Can someone explain the difference between the two models? I read the descriptions, but the marketing speak makes my head spin.

groo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages groo
LurkerDan wrote:Can someone explain the difference between the two models? I read the descriptions, but the marketing speak makes my head spin.

I believe the main difference in terms of features is that the Odea has a ceramic disc grinder, and the Vienna has a canonical burr grinder. That being said, we had a Vienna in our office and it kept a dozen people well caffeinated for the entire time I was there, I had no complaints with it.

Also, the Vienna has a moveable spout to adjust to the cup size. Whereas the Odea has an adjustable platform that moves the entire cup up or down. Probably not any real difference, but the extendable spout just seems more convenient to me.

Roostalee

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee
charliecarroll wrote:Are The Savings Offered Here on Woot Large Enough To Make a Refurbished Machine Your Choice?

Today's Woot = $229.99 + $5 shipping for your choice, Saeco Vienna Plus or Odea Giro Espresso Machines. Opional, add $37.99 for 1 year Square Trade Warranty

Sears (Vienna Plus New) = $579.00 + $19.95 shipping
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM6313630701P?sid=I0084400010000100600&PID=1892283&aff=Y

Amazon (Vienna Plus New) = $449.99 + ships free
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PI82OQ?ie=UTF8&tag=dealswoot-20&m=ANG0H7P9LY7ZH

Whole Latte Love (Vienna Plus New) = $395.75 + ships free
http://www.wholelattelove.com/Saeco/saeco_vienna_plus_silver.cfm

***A question was raised about the product listed below as compared to one of the products being sold on Woot today. For a while it was said It was the 'go' and not the 'gyro' that was being sold. It has now been verified by staff it is in deed the GYRO. Also, it has been confirmed the Gyro and the Gyro plus are indeed the same machine with color being the only difference. So, the links below are fair and impartial reflections of prices being compared fairly to today's Woot offer.

Seattle Coffe Gear (Odea Giro Plus New) = $477.50 + ships free

So, New in Box or Refurb?
The answer of course would differ from person to person so there is no wrong answer. But for me, the gap in price from new to referb is large enough I believe many would feel the refurb would be the way to go. Using the lowest new price the refurb offered by Woot comes in at $160.76 less and even $122.77 less if you opted for the one year warranty. BTW, I could not find a warranty statement on new models so I could not compare the two. Many will see the Woot refub as a strong savings and a deal. Others, like those that would giving the product as a gift may feel much better with a new in box model.

**Note**
For this comparison I did a good faith random search using 'google' in an effort to find the best web prices that I could find. The Web is a huge place and certainly it is possible you may find lower prices doing your own web search.

Costco also offers the Vienna Plus new for $299. Not that I'm plugging Costco, but you can return these items at any time in the future when they break (TVs and computers are another story). And being superautomatics, they WILL break.

Good prices on these little buggers, though. Definitely get the Square Trade warranty though. Like all espresso machines, they are pricey to fix.

Potrzebie!

j647

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j647

Stupid question: can either (or both) of these make a cup of regular coffee like those fancy K-cup machines but with fresh coffee and not the cups? I could not figure it out...

LurkerDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LurkerDan
Roostalee wrote:Costco also offers the Vienna Plus new for $299. Not that I'm plugging Costco, but you can return these items at any time in the future when they break (TVs and computers are another story). And being superautomatics, they WILL break.

Good prices on these little buggers, though. Definitely get the Square Trade warranty though. Like all espresso machines, they are pricey to fix.

of course, that square trade warranty makes it even closer to the costco price! hmmm....

DaveD1420

Can you get the Square Trade warranty post-purchase? I forgot look at the order confirmation page.

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum
j647 wrote:Stupid question: can either (or both) of these make a cup of regular coffee like those fancy K-cup machines but with fresh coffee and not the cups? I could not figure it out...

Yes, most superautomatics (including the Vienna Plus) have a button for caffé crema, which causes the machine to grind the beans coarser and lengthen the brew time for 6 to 8 oz. of coffee. Or you could pull an espresso and add hot water for an Americano.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
factotum wrote:Yes, most superautomatics (including the Vienna Plus) have a button for caffé crema, which causes the machine to grind the beans coarser and lengthen the brew time for 6 to 8 oz. of coffee.

The grind has to be adjusted separately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sVjBbGX20DA#t=67s
1:07 into the video (I tried to copy the link to the right time directly).
(My guess is btw that Seattle Coffee Gear is also the vendor of this since they are one of the leaders in refurbs).