WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Heys Luggage: Hey Hey Heys

Luggage is like a passport: a way out. If your life ever gets too weird, throw the best parts in a bag and flee! Or better yet: just go sit by the ocean for a week and rebuild. Saves on paperwork, don't'cha know.
Heys official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Did you go anywhere over the holiday weekend we just had? Is it time to upgrade your luggage?

I'm just hanging out, really.

jlnokc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlnokc

I'd be curious to know how sturdy the luggage was. It certainly is pretty. Just wonder if it can handle being tossed around a bit?

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

Well, this is one way to ensure you can identify your luggage on the carousel. I have way too much luggage as it is, otherwise I'd be seriously considering buying.

traquy

quality posts: 54 Private Messages traquy

I don't have this particular brand, but I did buy a large hard side suitcase to use when traveling with my daughter to visit grandma. I wanted one I could put her booster seat in (the Compass sold often on KidsWoot that folds up) and check it in without worrying they would beat the heck out of the seat throwing it around. In the large case I can fit the seat and all of my daughters clothing, our jackets and her favorite blanket. If I didn't have mine already I would be tempted. I love the bright prints.

I do have to say though that I'm pretty Meh about the 4 wheels. I have found it actually makes it a little harder when you are wrangling a 4 yr old, a small carry on and a backpack because it's a lot harder to just drag it behind you like the old ones. They work best on even flat airport floors, not so good on uneven sidewalks or rough roads. The wheels get stuck in ruts. Or maybe it's just mine.

cynthiaclaire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynthiaclaire

I have Heys suitcases in small and medium sizes. I used to fly every other week with them - super durable and I got compliments on them all the time. (They are still going strong, I just don't fly as much anymore) Very easy to pack and put on one of those hotel suitcase fold-out things. The small fits easily into an overhead compartment on the plane. I have bought them as gifts also because I think they are the best. Highly recommended!

cynthiaclaire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynthiaclaire
jlnokc wrote:I'd be curious to know how sturdy the luggage was. It certainly is pretty. Just wonder if it can handle being tossed around a bit?

Super durable, mine has gone through a ton of rough handling. I meant to reply to you with my other post.. it's longer.

dancepig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancepig

What does this look like after the airlines have tossed it from one continent to another? Does it scratch? If yes, are the scratches the same color or are they silver?

♫♪Dance as though no one is looking♪♫

fanihi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fanihi
jlnokc wrote:I'd be curious to know how sturdy the luggage was. It certainly is pretty. Just wonder if it can handle being tossed around a bit?

They're much more durable than they look. I bought one right before a trip to Hong Kong. My husband was skeptical and thought that the luggage wouldn't come back with all 4 wheels still attached. It came back just fine, still rolls great, and only has a few scratches on it. Mine was red and the scratches are red too--you can barely see them.

neh2008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neh2008
fanihi wrote:They're much more durable than they look. I bought one right before a trip to Hong Kong. My husband was skeptical and thought that the luggage wouldn't come back with all 4 wheels still attached. It came back just fine, still rolls great, and only has a few scratches on it. Mine was red and the scratches are red too--you can barely see them.

Is the barcelona one 'hard side' ? I want to buy a durable hard case luggage for frequent travelling.

TIA

captchrista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captchrista

I ordered a heys suitcase a couple of months ago from woot.. first the good. very well made , light weight, holds all kinds of stuff i lots of tied downs..i lean mine when i pull so the 4 wheel has not been a problem at all..the suitcase has two bars on each side to reinforce. mine also had a zipper that went all the way around that enlarged the suitcase a couple of inches. Ok the bad, those pretty designs...mine did not look quite like the picture.. the representation was of large flowers covering the suitcase you could barely see the background color of the suitcase. what i received was a blue suitcase with a few flowers spaced oddly. im guessing a miss print, hence the cheaper price. I was not the only person that had this problem it seemed the other designs also were not what was quite pictured. Second. the suitcase did not arrive for 2 weeks. and this was not a busy shopping and shipping time. so just a heads up on those..the reason i went for the loud 60s flower design is this spring i made a trip with 3 plane changes and Ornaments Make Festive Garland the sea of black rolling carry on bags...lol...so my 2 cents is... don't expect perfect designs...but if they are...woo hoo...and might be slow slow delivery....but i like mine..i mean ya know...i like like but i dont love ..haha...

fanihi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fanihi
neh2008 wrote:Is the barcelona one 'hard side' ? I want to buy a durable hard case luggage for frequent travelling.

TIA

Mine wasn't the same hard side like the Barcelona. My luggage was from their Eco line.

Sambardo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sambardo

Are the dimensions on the big Z case right?

The drop down shows 25", but the dimensions show 24. Also it seems ~2 inches too wide for most carry on bags. Any input on how this works as a carry on?

How tough are those wheels?

Sambardo

Also, does their "warranty" sound like it actually covers nothing useful or is it just me?

http://www.heysusa.com/info/product-information#warranty

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sambardo wrote:Are the dimensions on the big Z case right?

The drop down shows 25", but the dimensions show 24. Also it seems ~2 inches too wide for most carry on bags. Any input on how this works as a carry on?

How tough are those wheels?

Looks like we have the dimensions wrong on the Z-Case. On the Heys site, they show only 21, 25, and 29" sizes. I've sent an email so we can get it fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Sambardo

ThunderThighs wrote:Looks like we have the dimensions wrong on the Z-Case. On the Heys site, they show only 21, 25, and 29" sizes. I've sent an email so we can get it fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Does that make the larger z-case on woot too large for a carry on?

anyone have a comment on the durability of the z case or some reviews?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Here's the info on the dimensions of the 25" Z Case:

The suitcase measures 25” the handle. 24” is just the case part without the handle included.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Sambardo

Any input from Hey's or anyone else on if the big one is too big for a carry on?

I'd rather err on the side of being able to carry my bag, but the extra space would be nice and time's-a-tickin'

Cocontom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Cocontom

The smallest one is the only one that's carry-on sized, and even that's up against the max limit in every direction for both Delta and AA.