3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

If I remember correctly this thing scores a 1/10 for sex and an 8/10 in lounging...maybe reading a book.

Hope this helps.

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

I'm totally exhausted and so this pillow looks particularly good.

uojfe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages uojfe
CowboyDann wrote:If I remember correctly this thing scores a 1/10 for sex and an 8/10 in lounging...maybe reading a book.

Hope this helps.

Without a removable washable cover, that's probably just as well.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I just want to make sure you all see this paragraph in the features:

Important Note: Contour Products wishes to thank the Woot community for bringing the Flip Pillow fiberfill issue to our attention. We read your posts and took action! The Contour team has worked diligently with our supplier to improve the separation of fibers during the filling process, ensuring that you'll enjoy a a great deal of "FLUFF" for your buck!

I was in a meeting last week and asked specifically about this pillow based on previous feedback. I was told that the vendor read it and responded. I think that's pretty cool.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CowboyDann

ThunderThighs wrote:I just want to make sure you all see this paragraph in the features:

Important Note: Contour Products wishes to thank the Woot community for bringing the Flip Pillow fiberfill issue to our attention. We read your posts and took action! The Contour team has worked diligently with our supplier to improve the separation of fibers during the filling process, ensuring that you'll enjoy a a great deal of "FLUFF" for your buck!

I was in a meeting last week and asked specifically about this pillow based on previous feedback. I was told that the vendor read it and responded. I think that's pretty cool.

Neat!

onyxtwilight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages onyxtwilight

I got this thing last time, and I can't say I'm impressed at all, really. It's very soft and poofy, so if you like that, great. If you were hoping for some actual back or neck support, don't bother. It mashes down like a marshmallow and provides no support at all. The smaller lobe is just useless.

dvdvija

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dvdvija
onyxtwilight wrote:I got this thing last time, and I can't say I'm impressed at all, really. It's very soft and poofy, so if you like that, great. If you were hoping for some actual back or neck support, don't bother. It mashes down like a marshmallow and provides no support at all. The smaller lobe is just useless.

Hi, thanks for great feedback. I was wondering if this is firm or soft. Now that I know, I won't buy.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dvdvija wrote:Hi, thanks for great feedback. I was wondering if this is firm or soft. Now that I know, I won't buy.

Not going to twist your arm, but do read my post above about the vendor response.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CowboyDann

ThunderThighs wrote:Not going to twist your arm, but do read my post above about the vendor response.

You just need flashing lights, try it like this TT

In case you still need help:
This means they have made changes and supposedly have improved and made a better quality product. Lets give it a second chance because it's probably better this time than it was last time.

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah

I wasn't thinking about buying it for sex especially since it lacks the sucking power of a Roomba and just lays there like a tablet. On the other hand, many have paid more for horrible sex so it may be a good deal after all.

CowboyDann wrote:If I remember correctly this thing scores a 1/10 for sex and an 8/10 in lounging...maybe reading a book.

Hope this helps.

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
CowboyDann wrote:You just need flashing lights, try it like this TT

In case you still need help:
This means they have made changes and supposedly have improved and made a better quality product. Lets give it a second chance because it's probably better this time than it was last time.

Dang, way to rock that quote, CD. I would have normally overlooked it! That said, I am still on the fence about whether or not to click that button. I have such a crap time sleeping since I have several discs whacked in my neck; I would so love to be able to sleep all night without several pillow re-adjustments.

brinks90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brinks90
sayah wrote:I wasn't thinking about buying it for sex especially since it lacks the sucking power of a Roomba and just lays there like a tablet. On the other hand, many have paid more for horrible sex so it may be a good deal after all.

wow....

amazon doesn't give it good reviews
http://www.amazon.com/Contour-30-600-1-921-4Flip-Pillow/product-reviews/B004XI3O3U

think ur better off using 2 or 3 pillows

vw57dlx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vw57dlx
ThunderThighs wrote:I just want to make sure you all see this paragraph in the features:

Now we are left to wonder: Are these the improved pillows on Woot or the old crappy leftovers?

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars

Hope this helps.

Not gonna lie, that's exactly what I thought of when I saw this. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll just have to read.

wharper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wharper

No washable cover? No thanks. I'd pay more for that function, but won't buy without it.

wyreless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wyreless

Just a comment. When I saw this bad boy I was ready to click on the button instantly. But after reading the reviews I am just not ready to gamble. And that what we are being asked to do, gamble that this is a better product. And if it is not, we lose. I guess it goes to show the retailers that you get one chance with us, and if you snooze (or if we can' snooze! ) you lose.
And may I also add, a sleep surface that goes under the head needs a washable cover, plain and simple.

"Living For The DEAL!!"

llocutus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages llocutus
wharper wrote:No washable cover? No thanks. I'd pay more for that function, but won't buy without it.

It really is hard to get those white stains out without a removable cover.

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808
ugomona wrote:I have such a crap time sleeping since I have several discs whacked in my neck; I would so love to be able to sleep all night without several pillow re-adjustments.

Not trying to drop a Big ol' Cornucopia on the thread, but if you are looking for a pillow that might really help your situation, you should look into standard sized buckwheat filled pillows. I have had excellent results, sleep like a baby, absolutely love my pillow, and everyone I've talked into trying one swears by them too now.

My source is beans72 dot com. You can replace the buckwheat, wash the inner and outer coverings and use normal pillow cases. Once you push it into shape, it stays.

Sorry if I'm detracting from the specific item on sale here. Just trying to help a wooter out.

mrstinkeye

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrstinkeye
wharper wrote:No washable cover? No thanks. I'd pay more for that function, but won't buy without it.

Contour does sell a pillow case for the flip pillow but its cost plus shipping is more than what you're paying for the pillow here.

ThunderThighs

Staff

vw57dlx wrote:Now we are left to wonder: Are these the improved pillows on Woot or the old crappy leftovers?

They are new and updated based on the feedback on our forums. I haven't seen them or tried them. But when I brought up the issues in the meeting, the buyer said that the company read and responded to the feedback from wooters.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
uojfe wrote:Without a removable washable cover, that's probably just as well.

Developer... We appreciate you listening. Apparently some of us have a few more wishes - er - feedback.
- Washable cover
- solid enough for some fun under or without covers.
- throw buckwheat inside this baby, and it might meet our stringent standards.

I also second the buckwheat pillow for sleeping. Whiplash from an accident, and all those years on the board craning my neck as I paddled out made for some finicky cervical vertebrae. This however may be helpful for those of us bed wooters so that we maintain a position somewhat conducive to spinal comfort.

dmc6127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmc6127

I have one of these that I never really used. Just yesterday I was thinking of throwing it out! I've wasted $ on woot items before and this is right there!

Unclemongo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Unclemongo

All must bow before the Power of Woot! Or something like that.

TheCK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK
wingedsurfgirl wrote:Developer... We appreciate you listening. Apparently some of us have a few more wishes - er - feedback.
- Washable cover
- solid enough for some fun under or without covers.
- throw buckwheat inside this baby, and it might meet our stringent standards.

I also second the buckwheat pillow for sleeping. Whiplash from an accident, and all those years on the board craning my neck as I paddled out made for some finicky cervical vertebrae. This however may be helpful for those of us bed wooters so that we maintain a position somewhat conducive to spinal comfort.

All in all I think mainly they just need to include a pillow case - I'm was ready to click go on this but a pillow that needs a special pillow case that isn't included seems a waste and I'm not into paying more to protect my product than what I paid for the product.

--TheCK

dagast2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dagast2

I have many woots, and many of my woots have made me very happy, but only one woot has made me very sad. This is that woot.

The pillows had a musty smell that never quite went away. One of them developed a tear in the fold a few weeks after we got it. They are too big to lay your head on and sleep, and too squishy to lean on and watch TV.

This product looked great as a jpg on woot but in actual use i have found it to be pretty awful, not even counting the tear it quickly developed, which is even more shocking because as far as I know no one was using it and it was just sitting on the bed.

ahacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahacker

By reading the comments it has saved me many many times from pushing the big gold button!

synasoft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synasoft

I bought this from Woot about 6 months ago. It DOES NOT HAVE A WASHABLE COVER. So, if you like your smell, buy it, if you like the items you sleep on, e.g. pillows, sheets, etc. to go through a regular wash. Don't buy this. I ended up throwing it away.

amy heber

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara

Has anyone tried washing the pillow itself? We wash our bed pillows every month because, you know, dust mites are repulsive. A little laundry detergent and bleach make a big difference if you have allergies.

badcatstl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages badcatstl

I got this pillow the last time, and yes it is squishy, but it has made my life a whole lot better. I have acid reflux a lot and this pillow has made all the difference in actually letting me sleep and not waking up from it. I will say I have to have another pillow with it but the shape is what is important. Other pillows just slid down between the headboard and mattress. This actually sits at an angle which is what I need. I'm tempted to buy a 2nd now that they say they have firmed it up a bit.

PyxienTX

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PyxienTX
ugomona wrote: I have such a crap time sleeping since I have several discs whacked in my neck; I would so love to be able to sleep all night without several pillow re-adjustments.

Try a Mattress Genie. I have one from when my husband was going through radiation, and we still use it today.

KAZVorpal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KAZVorpal

I bought one of these:

It's too mushy.

It's shaped like those pillows you can buy to prop yourself up, as if on an easy chair, but it collapses under your weight.

One of my normal pillows can fold in half to prop me up better than this.

syninthecity

quality posts: 10 Private Messages syninthecity
sayah wrote:I wasn't thinking about buying it for sex especially since it lacks the sucking power of a Roomba and just lays there like a tablet. On the other hand, many have paid more for horrible sex so it may be a good deal after all.

best. comment. ever.

FirstCavWife

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FirstCavWife

Might I suggest a "New And Improved" stamp across the pic/description AND have your note as one of the actual pictures of the product?

conand19

quality posts: 4 Private Messages conand19

Is this 18" wide??? If so, I'd fall right off it at night. How in the world do you balance on this. Looks like they placed the woman on the far right of the wedge. Shame on them.

contourpillow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages contourpillow

I am a representative of Contour, and can assure anyone who is looking at this item that they are brand new first quality. These are not leftovers. A new machine has drastically improved the quality and we are proud to offer on Woot.com once again!!!

sara567

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sara567

screw it. i'll be the lab rat and see if these are better. been looking for one of those recliner pillows for months now that offers support. apparently, i made a mistake throwing out the one i had since a kid because the only ones i can find have light filling and/or arm rests that you would have to have the proportions of a t-rex to use.

$20 and i will sew my own cover. let you know if it is any better when i get it.

hardworkingjulie

quality posts: 15 Private Messages hardworkingjulie

Could this pillow be used to add lumbar support to a couch (etc) for an individual? My husband complains that none of our seating has the lumbar support he needs to keep his back from aching during a sit-down, so I would prefer to just give him a pillow rather than replace every piece of furniture to make his back happy.

FirstCavWife

hardworkingjulie wrote:Could this pillow be used to add lumbar support to a couch (etc) for an individual? My husband complains that none of our seating has the lumbar support he needs to keep his back from aching during a sit-down, so I would prefer to just give him a pillow rather than replace every piece of furniture to make his back happy.

I wouldn't use this....it's too thick. They make pillows specifically for what you are needing. Do a search on 'lumber pillows.'

FirstCavWife

contourpillow wrote:I am a representative of Contour, and can assure anyone who is looking at this item that they are brand new first quality. These are not leftovers. A new machine has drastically improved the quality and we are proud to offer on Woot.com once again!!!

So, to be very specific, how smooshy (trying to use techical jargon here) would you rate this. My husband needs something very firm.