WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Matt's Tools II: Mattlectric Toolgaloo

You remember our buyer friend Matt, don't you? That's right, he's the one with the tool problem. Well, that hasn't changed since last we spoke. He's still got tool fever. But he's out today, so we're trying to sell them all before he gets back. Please help us. Please. PLEASE.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Are these perfect for all those projects you have lined up for your extra holiday days off/burning the vacation time before it goes away?

Let us know!

I'm just hanging out, really.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

If you had some form of sander on here we would be talking with the turkey.

greyham28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greyham28

Did Ken title this one? I laughed out loud. In class. In law school.

shabazz18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shabazz18

Will you dig a hole and dump those Makita's in it already? I'll say it again, these are only a deal at $50 tops!!

kimala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimala

Can these be used to change a tire?

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

The angle grinder is a handy tool to have around if you don't already have one. (I have six). The B&D is only slightly less beefy than it's sister Porter Cable counterpart. Should give you years of occasional service. Lots of blade options:
Grinder (comes with)
Cut-off (very thin)
Grinder and cut-off for Masonry (can also use on soft stone)
Flap-disc (my favorite).
Wire brush (paint and rust removal)
Always wear 2 levels of eye protection.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

partybag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages partybag
ArtWorksMetal wrote:The angle grinder is a handy tool to have around if you don't already have one. (I have six). The B&D is only slightly less beefy than it's sister Porter Cable counterpart. Should give you years of occasional service. Lots of blade options:
Grinder (comes with)
Cut-off (very thin)
Grinder and cut-off for Masonry (can also use on soft stone)
Flap-disc (my favorite).
Wire brush (paint and rust removal)
Always wear 2 levels of eye protection.

Still can't beat the 4 amp grinder at Harbor Freight... $10 out the door!

yolo!

shabazz18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shabazz18
partybag wrote:Still can't beat the 4 amp grinder at Harbor Freight... $10 out the door!

Just make sure you get the warranty, those are little more than one time use grinders on anything more than small jobs.

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal
partybag wrote:Still can't beat the 4 amp grinder at Harbor Freight... $10 out the door!

Yeah, I've done the HF thing for years. But you don't get what you don't pay for, in this case. No torque, and they overheat. I'll run my Porter Cable 'til the wheel wears out or my hands get tired.
If it's gonna spend most of it's time on the shelf, the HF is fine.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

kulchecj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kulchecj
ArtWorksMetal wrote:Yeah, I've done the HF thing for years. But you don't get what you don't pay for, in this case. No torque, and they overheat. I'll run my Porter Cable 'til the wheel wears out or my hands get tired.
If it's gonna spend most of it's time on the shelf, the HF is fine.

i invest in precious metals... That being those from snapon, cornwell, matco and craftsman! In that order :p

clout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clout

Of all the places to come across a "Breakin'" reference...