WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Holiday Eats 'N Treats

“Holiday Entertaining” is redundant. Holidays are already entertaining, whether it’s listening to your drunk uncle say something racist on Thanksgiving or watching your drunk Aunt leave him over it at Christmas. So just put out some of these delicious snacks and enjoy the show.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Is it time for pie?

I'm just hanging out, really.

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby

Oooooh more lemon curd and pecan praline topping!! Hope the person who was so disappointed last time gets some of the lemon curd before it's gone. Can't resist the chocolate mud pie mix - have truly tried - left the computer and it lured me back on!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jelliebaby wrote:Oooooh more lemon curd and pecan praline topping!! Hope the person who was so disappointed last time gets some of the lemon curd before it's gone. Can't resist the chocolate mud pie mix - have truly tried - left the computer and it lured me back on!

How was the lemon curd?

I'm just hanging out, really.

br0seidon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages br0seidon

The ingredients list brings one word to mind: Diabetes.

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237
br0seidon wrote:The ingredients list brings one word to mind: Diabetes.

ha seriously...
Sugar, Corn Syrup, Fructose, Dextrose, Sweetened Condensed Milk

shortman

quality posts: 39 Private Messages shortman

Never has a food listing got my attention as much as this one, but because of that I MUST resist. This listing will be taunting me for days. Hurry up and make it a sell out so the temptation will go away. Thanks.

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

Has anyone tried using these in homemade pop tarts? Or do I have to be the HO! HO! HO!

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby
inkycatz wrote:How was the lemon curd?

I enjoyed the lemon curd. Shmeared a bit on some shortbread as a small T'giving dessert option. Seemed others liked it too. I can make lemon curd, but frankly I'm getting lazy

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

i highly recommend the chantal pie dishes--i used mine for three tasty thanksgiving desserts, and as usual, they baked up evenly and beautifully. both the standard pie plate and the deep dish option are fantastic! i'm in for one more as a backup.

p.s. in case you can't really tell from the color on the screen, the "red" plate is more of a deep crimson, and when you bake in it, it briefly turns an even deeper cranberry shade. beautiful.

p.p.s. be forewarned that although the stoneware is typically packed very nicely, that doesn't mean yours won't arrive in pieces; i ordered all of my chantal items through amazon, and out of five or six different packages, one pie plate arrived broken in half and another came in multiple pieces. luckily, through the magic of amazon's excellent customer service and my prime membership, i got new ones with no problems.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

gizmovision

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmovision
br0seidon wrote:The ingredients list brings one word to mind: Diabetes.

No one said you had to eat the 'whole' jar in one sitting... Some self control(I was going to say use some common-sense, but that doesn't happen a lot these days) Merry Christmas!

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum
gizmovision wrote:No one said you had to eat the 'whole' jar in one sitting... Some self control(I was going to say use some common-sense, but that doesn't happen a lot these days) Merry Christmas!

It stands to reason if the whole pie is full of sugar, then a slice will be, too. There's no need for condescension. Bless your heart!

shushine999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shushine999

Loaded up the last time this was offered, and made two of the mud pies for our Thanksgiving dinner at work. People were hesitant because....well, mud pies look like burnt pecan pies, honestly.

Then someone tried it, and that was ALL she wrote.........gone in 15 minutes. BOTH of them. from a table full of desserts. They are so VERY rich, and the chocolate good, deep, and velvety.

AND - I was too lazy to make dough pie crusts, so I used el-cheapo store bought GRAHAM CRACKER crusts. Could not have been better. Could absolutely not have been easier to make, or tasted any better. I'm in for 3 more, I'd get 10 if I could just to have on hand.

djslack

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djslack

If that pie dish is 9 1/2" deep, it must be close to 100" across. I don't have an oven that big, but if you do, get this pan because you never see bakeware that will fit it for that kind of price.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
djslack wrote:If that pie dish is 9 1/2" deep, it must be close to 100" across. I don't have an oven that big, but if you do, get this pan because you never see bakeware that will fit it for that kind of price.

Ha ha... Funny. Note that the bakeware is a 9 1/2" diameter (pause) deep dish. So it's a "deep dish" that is 9 1/2 inches wide. But you know that already...

thanson63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages thanson63

Can I buy different kinds without paying $5 on each one?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thanson63 wrote:Can I buy different kinds without paying $5 on each one?

You bet. You only pay $5 shipping per day (ending at Midnight Central). You'll pay $5 for the first item and the rest go free.

Happy eating!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders