WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

WMF 58pc 18/10 Flatware - 2 Styles

Speed to First Woot:
10m 32.446s
First Sucker:
kerway
Last Wooter to Woot:
montegobayjr
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 43% of Home Woots
Bottom 42% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 18% of Home Woots
Top 40% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 5% first woot
  • 8% second woot
  • 23% < 10 woots
  • 28% < 25 woots
  • 35% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 4% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 82% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 89% bought 1
  • 11% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
4%
0%
2%
0%
1%
4%
7%
7%
12%
9%
5%
4%
5%
3%
5%
2%
4%
2%
1%
5%
7%
5%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


draigun


quality posts: 25 Private Messages draigun

Today, Woot! taught me the difference between formal setting and casual setting of silverware.

And once again, a few links to explain the 18/10 part.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff



Good Morning, Wooters.

You may not be familiar with this brand of flatware. It's normally not available in the U.S. This is a high-end German brand and was imported especially for us.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Nileo2005


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nileo2005

German brand made in Vietnam?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Nileo2005 wrote:German brand made in Vietnam?



Correct. Designed in Germany, made in Vietnam



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Bucuresci


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Bucuresci

Not to be a party pooper, but that black diagram of Place Setting, first one, is wrong. You never have knife on top, only dessert spoon and dessert fork. Spoon is facing to the left, fork directed to the right, opposite of pictured. Knife goes to the right, one per appropiate course, if you can afford it.

Sati


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

That's a good looking set. I love all the pieces per place settings. 18/10... Great! :-)

mnkycmkydu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnkycmkydu

Anyone know, for an absolute certainty, that the Windsor has a satin finish?

xochiluvr


quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

I have a couple WMF stainless steel pieces - teapot and warmer and several trivets. Absolutely amazing craftsmanship.

captaintypea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages captaintypea

Does anyone know the quantity breakdown of each product in this set? Any insight into individual pieces weight? It would be a serious upgrade for me, but wondering if they would constantly be flipping over my bowls and plates.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

captaintypea wrote:Does anyone know the quantity breakdown of each product in this set? Any insight into individual pieces weight? It would be a serious upgrade for me, but wondering if they would constantly be flipping over my bowls and plates.



Is this what you're looking for? It's on the Features page:

58-Piece Set Includes:

(8) Table Forks
(8) Table Knives
(8) Luncheon/Dessert Spoons
(8) Luncheon/Dessert Forks
(8) Luncheon/Dessert Knives
(8) Soup/Cream Spoons
(8) Teaspoons
(2) Serving Spoons



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rpm


quality posts: 177 Private Messages rpm
Bucuresci wrote:Not to be a party pooper, but that black diagram of Place Setting, first one, is wrong. You never have knife on top, only dessert spoon and dessert fork. Spoon is facing to the left, fork directed to the right, opposite of pictured. Knife goes to the right, one per appropiate course, if you can afford it.



Your post comports with my understanding. One suspects they were trying to show all the individual pieces without showing a butter plate.

Actually, as the smaller knife is a salad (or luncheon) knife, it should have been to the right of the plate, corresponding in relative precedence to the salad fork. One notes that traditionally, and still fairly commonly on the Continent, salad courses follow both the fish (for which no flatware is provided) and meat courses, and should thus be nearest the plate. And, of course, at a formal dinner the dessert fork and spoon would be brought with the course....

O tempora! o mores!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

sclark58


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sclark58
mnkycmkydu wrote:Anyone know, for an absolute certainty, that the Windsor has a satin finish?



I have a couple pieces that look to be Windsor. They have a satin finish and are beautiful, but as I got them as odd pieces no absolute certainty.

kmontrose


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose
Bucuresci wrote:Not to be a party pooper, but that black diagram of Place Setting, first one, is wrong. You never have knife on top, only dessert spoon and dessert fork. Spoon is facing to the left, fork directed to the right, opposite of pictured. Knife goes to the right, one per appropiate course, if you can afford it.


Please don't come to my house for dinner. We're lucky if the flatware pieces match!

gille5000


quality posts: 6 Private Messages gille5000

I bought a WMF flatware set from Amazon about eighteen months ago, and have been extremely pleased with the look and feel of it, and by the fact it still looks new today. It was a different style, but I imagine the quality will be about the same for these two styles. I love mine.

sarah415


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarah415
mnkycmkydu wrote:Anyone know, for an absolute certainty, that the Windsor has a satin finish?



Anyone know the answer to this question... can I expect a satin finish or a shiny finish. It looks like satin the the photo but I can't be sure.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sarah415 wrote:Anyone know the answer to this question... can I expect a satin finish or a shiny finish. It looks like satin the the photo but I can't be sure.



Asked the buyer, who then pulled them out to look at them closely. She reports:

"They aren’t truly satin finish but they aren’t high gloss chrome either. I would say they are more on the chrome side than satin."



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tbasta


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbasta
kmontrose wrote:Please don't come to my house for dinner. We're lucky if the flatware pieces match!



That is actually considered avant garde, especially if you mix pieces of mismatched silverware like you'd find at a flea market.

Lucy78


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Lucy78

Two years ago I bought the Richmond set. My husband grumbled about the price, but I explained that we had gotten to the point in life where I wanted one last set of silverware and it would NOT come from Walmart. The flatware arrived, and my husband agreed that it was worth the price. Well balanced in your hand, sturdy and washes up beautifully. Two years later and the set still looks brand new - I LOVE them!
Just keep the cheapie Walmart flatware to pack in your work lunches (in case they wander off).

rpm


quality posts: 177 Private Messages rpm
kmontrose wrote:Please don't come to my house for dinner. We're lucky if the flatware pieces match!



When I was a kid, our everyday flatware consisted of parts of 3 different patterns of old plate. Didn't mean the table wasn't properly set for the meal.

Of course, most meals were Service à la française (all the dishes on the table at the same time); only our rare formal dinners were Service à la russe (in courses) with the silver -- though at my grandfather's the latter was customary for both luncheon and dinner.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

lstaff


quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
kmontrose wrote:Please don't come to my house for dinner. We're lucky if the flatware pieces match!



At my house, you're lucky if you get flatware. At all.

isavedlatin2x


quality posts: 0 Private Messages isavedlatin2x
lstaff wrote:At my house, you're lucky if you get flatware. At all.



At my house, you only get flatware (and a lot of it). No food.

mhaines4


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhaines4

I can only say I hope the quality of the 18/10 stainless is better than it was in the Onieda set of flatware I bought a few months ago. That 18/10 rusts like nobody's business.

clcaruthers


quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

Woot always seems to read my mind! I was just checking out flatware sets on Ebay last night to buy for my new place! However, Woot forgot to check my budget . My parents have some WMF flatware and it's really awesome stuff!!! I would be in for one in a heartbeat, but $150 is above what's in my budget. I'll stick to my mix and match set for now and hope this comes up around $100 during the woot off :/

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Bucuresci


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Bucuresci
rpm wrote:Your post comports with my understanding. One suspects they were trying to show all the individual pieces without showing a butter plate.

Actually, as the smaller knife is a salad (or luncheon) knife, it should have been to the right of the plate, corresponding in relative precedence to the salad fork. One notes that traditionally, and still fairly commonly on the Continent, salad courses follow both the fish (for which no flatware is provided) and meat courses, and should thus be nearest the plate. And, of course, at a formal dinner the dessert fork and spoon would be brought with the course....

O tempora! o mores!



O tempora, o mores?
We live in present "tempora" that don't make much need of long forgoten "mores". Just as "Festina lente" is antiquated.

Bucuresci


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Bucuresci
kmontrose wrote:Please don't come to my house for dinner. We're lucky if the flatware pieces match!



For a second you made me feel like home.
My friend, top hat for your reply. Send me a photo of what you have, I will send you a photo of what I have, maybe we can make one set match.

clcaruthers


quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers
Bucuresci wrote:For a second you made me feel like home.
My friend, top hat for your reply. Send me a photo of what you have, I will send you a photo of what I have, maybe we can make one set match.



Count me in as well. The more the merrier right?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Bucuresci


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Bucuresci
clcaruthers wrote:Count me in as well. The more the merrier right?



If we come up with enough sets, we can sell them on Woot.

wasserkapf


quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf

I also am ready to get a good set of flatware. But $150? I am going to have to mull this one over.

The real test of flatware is whether or not the serving spoon will bend when trying to dish out some ice cream. Anyone know how these will fare in that test?

Kiwigate


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kiwigate

I contemplated the purchase for about 3 hours last night. Finally gave in and bought two sets. Lots of friends and family at dinners. :-) Decided our mouths deserved luxury silverware.

Glowrdr


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Glowrdr

Got mine today, and I really wish it was packaged better. The box itself was wrapped in plastic, but it was so loose - that the 2 sides of the box were able to seperate inside the plastic.

I'd read that all of the pieces would be individually wrapped. Not the case. I got all 58 pieces in a huge pile on one end of the box. And everything is scratched to hell. Although, I must say - those butter knives are sharp!

All in all, it's really nice flatware. Just wish there weren't marks on everything from josteling around in the box. Might have to pray to the Woot! gods and see what can be done

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Glowrdr wrote:Got mine today, and I really wish it was packaged better. The box itself was wrapped in plastic, but it was so loose - that the 2 sides of the box were able to seperate inside the plastic.

I'd read that all of the pieces would be individually wrapped. Not the case. I got all 58 pieces in a huge pile on one end of the box. And everything is scratched to hell. Although, I must say - those butter knives are sharp!

All in all, it's really nice flatware. Just wish there weren't marks on everything from josteling around in the box. Might have to pray to the Woot! gods and see what can be done



yeah, don't hesitate to shoot an email to support@woot.com & inquire.

sorry to hear about the scratches. :/


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Glowrdr


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Glowrdr
PemberDucky wrote:yeah, don't hesitate to shoot an email to support@woot.com & inquire.

sorry to hear about the scratches. :/



They took great care of me. First time I've ever had an issue. They will be sending me a replacement set, and if it arrives in 1 piece, great! Otherwise I will piece together a good set and send one back.

Thanks Woot!

djsabor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages djsabor

I received my set of this flatware today for Christmas, and it is so beautiful it took my breath away. It's amazing to think that I'll be using this beautiful set of my everyday flatware. I, too, am among the ranks of those who have described but they've had before as a hodgepodge collection with nothing that matches. This set is amazingly beautiful, with gorgeous design, and came very nicely packed in the box. It's truly stunning. I feel so lucky that my mom got me a set before it all sold out.