WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Avoid Irritable Towel Syndrome!

Nobody likes a wet towel. It’s an ugly truth about the bigoted world we live in, but it’s still a truth. You’re no exception; you’re a towel racist and you know it. Now that we’ve got that uncomfortable reality out of the way, check out our top of the line towel-segregation tools with only a bare minimum of guilt.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Towel warmers sound really great in winter, especially first thing in the morning. But look, more towels! Let's hear those towel and towel warmer reviews from owners.

I'm just hanging out, really.

thievedrelic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thievedrelic

Word of warning regarding the microcotton towels: My towel set of these that I bought last time did not include the proper towels; it had 4 washcloths instead of 2 wc's and 2 hand towels. Woot service refused to send the the hand towels and told me that they did not have any replacements, as they were simultaneously selling more sets of them on a woot-off.

The towels are comfy, but I'm a little bitter about woot's level of customer service on this particular item.

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

I was wondering about energy usage so I looked at the towel warmers on Amazon and noticed that someone there had commented that their electric bill was $40 higher. I can't figure out how much it would cost me without the wattage information but I think I will hold off on this until some other wooters get a chance to try it out.

facecamper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages facecamper

Don't forget to bring a towel!

thievedrelic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thievedrelic

"(9:12 AM, today) thievedrelic notes the towels are comfy."

Seriously? My entire post was a rant about a customer service problem with these towels. This "quality" tag is removing all context from my submission. Is this how you're operating nowadays, Woot?

jlnokc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlnokc
thievedrelic wrote:"(9:12 AM, today) thievedrelic notes the towels are comfy."

Seriously? My entire post was a rant about a customer service problem with these towels. This "quality" tag is removing all context from my submission. Is this how you're operating nowadays, Woot?

I saw that too and giggled...looks like the autobots are running the place, huh?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

We'll take it down then. We wouldn't want you to feel out of context. Apologies!

I'm just hanging out, really.

elfleadermike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfleadermike

Just word of warning, a scary review
of these Egyptian Cotton Towels from zappos.
http://www.zappos.com/home-source-international-egyptian-cotton-6-pc-towel-set

"I am so angry with these towels. I thoroughly washed them in warm water. The lint was SO bad that it left tons in my washing machine. Then it left an additional five handfuls of lint in the dryer. Then when my company used them over Easter, they got covered in red lint. I washed them again just now and once again a huge amount of lint in the washer as well as the dryer. Not just the lint, but my washing machine is now red inside from the dye. I am 48 years old and these are the worst towels I have ever had. "

ablickle

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ablickle

We have the Dual Position warmer ($100 on Amazon, I assume same brand - Warmrails). The Amazon description states 90 watts power usage. Ours is on 24/7 unless we are out of town. I guess you could add a timer if you have a predictable schedule.

It works very well and is nice and sturdy.

With all of these you need to "tent" your towels. If you are planning on using two towels, put a third one on top of them to keep the heat in the two that you will use. The top one should be a big bath towel to trap the heat.

The warm towels are addictive, and it is nice to have dry towels at all times. And in the winter you get a little extra bathroom heat.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

I wish you would sell these towel sets with normal size bath towels. I bought a couple of the microcotton sets a few months ago. The material is really nice, but the bath towel is big enough for a small kid, but not adults, unless the adults have gone through the dryer a few times..

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

lstaff

quality posts: 204 Private Messages lstaff
inkycatz wrote:We'll take it down then. We wouldn't want you to feel out of context. Apologies!

SMH. I would need to be on valium, or have a degree in diplomacy, to do your job. Or maybe both.

Now, stop sitting around reading this and go inspect packages of towels so this incredible injustice is not perpetuated on the unsuspecting public. (See?? I DID read the entire post.)

Oh, and before you do: perhaps delete this post so i don't get death threats, or, worse: WHINING.

lstaff

quality posts: 204 Private Messages lstaff

I thought you were joking when you called it "Irritable Towel Syndrome"

Prescient. And Brilliant.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

I have the S drying rack. It's worth owning--heats the towels and keeps them dry.

www.howlingdead.com

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u

agreed. Something isn't right. I got a refund for an item that I purchased on Woot recently. No explanation. No email. Maybe they were out of stock - or gearing up for a WootOff? I don't know. I'm grateful for the refund but baffled that you sold something you don't have and then didn't bother to explain that to me. Also sorry to say, it isn't the first time an order was not fulfilled. Sarcastic comments also don't help with the whole purchasing experience. just an fyi

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0

Dear Woot Staff:

Irritable Towel Syndrome (ITS) is a serious desease and you shouldn't make fun of people that have it. I've had ITS since I was 16 and I'm now 47. I've seen many doctors and none of them have been able to cure me of ITS.

The best solution found so far is medication. Although it helps to join a local ITS support group this usually is only a temporary fix.

Some days are better than others. If I'm lucky, I can have a normal day without much of my ITS symptoms but those days are far and few between. Just the other day, right before taking my shower, I had the worst ITS episodes during November. It was hard to sleep properly that night.

Please be more politically correct when talking about these diseases so you do not offend people like me with this serious condition.

Thanks,

Concerned Woot Customer.

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum
elfleadermike wrote:Just word of warning, a scary review
of these Egyptian Cotton Towels from zappos.
http://www.zappos.com/home-source-international-egyptian-cotton-6-pc-towel-set

"I am so angry with these towels. I thoroughly washed them in warm water. The lint was SO bad that it left tons in my washing machine. Then it left an additional five handfuls of lint in the dryer. Then when my company used them over Easter, they got covered in red lint. I washed them again just now and once again a huge amount of lint in the washer as well as the dryer. Not just the lint, but my washing machine is now red inside from the dye. I am 48 years old and these are the worst towels I have ever had. "

Egyptian cotton made in Pakistan, i.e. brought to you by the good folks who harbored Bin Laden and his buddies.

Just realized that Pakistan harbors terrorists, the U.S. harbors SEALS.
I like harbor seals!

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

legacy5k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legacy5k
essay2u wrote:agreed. Something isn't right. I got a refund for an item that I purchased on Woot recently. No explanation. No email. Maybe they were out of stock - or gearing up for a WootOff? I don't know. I'm grateful for the refund but baffled that you sold something you don't have and then didn't bother to explain that to me. Also sorry to say, it isn't the first time an order was not fulfilled. Sarcastic comments also don't help with the whole purchasing experience. just an fyi

Yeah, I had a similar situation. I had ordered the micro-cotton towels when they showed up a few weeks ago and they just never shipped. So I got curious and e-mailed Woot asking where my stuff was. They said that they "got lost somewhere between the warehouse and the shipper" so they just refunded the charge. I was kind of bummed and still am because the color that I wanted is not available here right now so I had to compromise and get something similar. Oh well! Sounds like they messed up their towels last time they were up!

teebodo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teebodo

Wow - a towel warmer that is 3 inches tall... is it for pets? My cat would probably love it.

Towel Warmer Dual Position
Specifications
Dimensions: 3" H x 22" W
Materials: Aluminum frame
Finish: Satin Nickel
Volts: 110-220V
UL Listed: Yes
Cord Length: 6'

Also, gotta agree that the title for this section is tasteless, made all the more ironic given that the wooters who didn't get their previous order are a bit peeved.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3
cf wrote:I was wondering about energy usage so I looked at the towel warmers on Amazon and noticed that someone there had commented that their electric bill was $40 higher. I can't figure out how much it would cost me without the wattage information but I think I will hold off on this until some other wooters get a chance to try it out.

The S towel holder uses about 75 watts. The others, I don't know, but I would guess they would be similar.

www.howlingdead.com

xavoc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xavoc
inkycatz wrote:Towel warmers sound really great in winter, especially first thing in the morning. But look, more towels! Let's hear those towel and towel warmer reviews from owners.

I actually own the "Dual Position" towel warmer. Here are my tips and hints.

You want to put this on a timer so that when you wake in the morning, your towels are already toasty. If you REALLY want them to be toasty, you need to drape your towels over the unit (upper and lower) and then put a big (think beach) towel over the towels you want warmed. Otherwise the towels only get a little warm on the inside.

You want the timer because these things suck up a lot of electricity, but if you live somewhere that actually gets cold in the winter, it's a great thing.

Another great use is to warm up bath robes.

So, yeah, they work and they work well. Just you have to know the "tricks" to make them really worth your while. Also, they draw enough power that they can trip the breaker if you're using say, a hair dryer or curling iron on the same circuit at the same time.

xavoc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xavoc
cf wrote:I was wondering about energy usage so I looked at the towel warmers on Amazon and noticed that someone there had commented that their electric bill was $40 higher. I can't figure out how much it would cost me without the wattage information but I think I will hold off on this until some other wooters get a chance to try it out.

They ARE power hogs. The trick I've found is to put them on a timer so that they are warm in the AM when you wake up. The rest of the day it's turned off.

babylemonade

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babylemonade

I'd like to buy a set of towels but my college-era hand-me-downs will just have to last a little longer if I don't see some decent reviews of either of these sets!

The review of Egyptian Cotton towels on Zappos was very negative but I didn't even see these in red there which seemed fishy. I thought I saw the micro-cotton rated decently in past woot-offs... was it just the shipping/item mix-up problems that have you irritated or are they poor quality towels as well?

Antennapedia

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Antennapedia

I have the microcottons in Bamboo from the last sale- totally great. Fully endorse. No lint issues, and no size issues- I'm not sure what the other poster is talking about regarding the bath towels being small. They're just as large as any of my other bath towels (ie, bath towel, not bath SHEET, sized.)

DFBargain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DFBargain

Received the Microcotton Towel Set - I washed them in my frontloader machine - no lint. I dried them completely in a hot dryer - minimal lint and no major shrinkage. Hubby thinks they are the best towels EVER!