3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Each head does not last very long, and they clog very easily since the blades are so close together.

I would not recommend.

that was fun while it lasted!

renatuslives

quality posts: 13 Private Messages renatuslives

After No-shave November, you'll need all those blades!

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

I was wondering...Do shaves REALLY need a king?

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder

DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!

These are HORRIBLE!!!

The baldes are too close, they clog and are impossible to clean. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THESE!!!!

If you don't believe me, just wait for more reviews from others who have wasted their money on this garbage!!! Or scroll back and read reviews when they were offered in the past.

WOOT...YOU SUCK for continuing to seel these after all the complaints you received about them.

effro88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages effro88

not even worth it for such a cheap price? I usually use a Gillette Fusion Power but could trade off for a while for a cheap price! Those Gillette blades are so expensive!

3Crows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 3Crows

Even as cheap as this deal is, it is NOT worth the money. I purchased this last time it came around. If you have a light beard then it might work for you. The concept is good, but the blades clog way too easily, and the worst part is that they are next to impossible to clean. So if you do buy this expect to waste a blade every time you shave... not much of a bargain.

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder
effro88 wrote:not even worth it for such a cheap price? I usually use a Gillette Fusion Power but could trade off for a while for a cheap price! Those Gillette blades are so expensive!

No matter how cheap they are, if you cannot use them, they are a waste of money. Seriously, this is the WORST product Woot has ever sold.

arevan

quality posts: 9 Private Messages arevan

I would also recommend passing on these. They just don't work that well at all.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

I bought them last round and they seem alright. Not as close of a shave as my 5 bladed one but the price was nice.

I did drop the handle and broke the clips that hold the razor on. Was quite bummed considering I hadnt even gone through one cartridge. I contacted remmington/king of shaves folks and they prombtly sent me a new handle with extra blades no questions asked. That was nice.

As for those who say they clog. Its easy to unclog razor like this or your five bladed ones. Just swipe the razor against your arm or other body parts in the opposite dirrection and it removes all the gunk.

pooptydoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pooptydoo

these are razors. they work like razors. "do not buy" only if you have hair on your face as thick as hair on your head. if you have hair on the head...

but for the simple, day to day shave? these are fine, and work well. how long do they last? idk they are disposable, after all. at least several+ good shaves, it seems.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

How horrible of woot to re-list this horrid product after the consistently harrowing reviews. Shame on woot.

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

These razors get a bum rap. Use shaving cream instead of gel and it's smooth sailing.

Not as great as the razors with $30 refills but they're almost as good for a fraction of the price.

I've bought 6 of these sets in the past few months and they should last me for years.

I have had no trouble with the blade coming off--I run it through water instead of tapping it on the sink. It does clog more but, again, just splash through water.

It takes me a couple of times to get a new blade on but that's just a few extra seconds.

These would also make excellent stocking stuffers--just include a can of shaving cream.

acanarelli

quality posts: 263 Private Messages acanarelli

I bought the max amount the first time they were available and again the second time. You will be very pleasantly surprised at the shave you will get...and without any bleeding! They work great, they cost a fraction of what we are forced to pay for the other brand and besides getting a good shave, it's a way of fighting back against those sky high prices.

3Crows

effro88 wrote:not even worth it for such a cheap price? I usually use a Gillette Fusion Power but could trade off for a while for a cheap price! Those Gillette blades are so expensive!

I use the Gillette Fusion power also and thats why I bought this last time, but with my Gillette, a single blade will last me almost a MONTH and I have a heavy beard. When I used the Remington blade, I hadnt shaved over the course of a three day weekend. I could not get the blades clean enough after each stroke. I ended up wasting TWO blades for that shave, and even my wife commented about how bad the shave was. This is NOT a deal, its a scam by Remington.

mfitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfitch

I thought even if I only got a couple of shaves per blade it would be worth it.... I'm not so sure. I bought these the first time around and I'm frustrated at the quality of the save even on the third day with the same blade..... sadly, not a winner.

27 unique / 44 total woot'ed items in 2010 - how did that happen?

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

So I bought these one of the last times and now I have a beard. Coincidence? Well, yes it was for No Shave November, and I look awesome with my beard.

All joking aside these work, but feel somewhat odd in my hand. For this many razors though who can complain. Last time I bought razor blades in the store I had to take out a second mortgage on my house.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Any guess on number of posts this time around? We had over 175 last time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

3Crows

acanarelli wrote:I bought the max amount the first time they were available and again the second time. You will be very pleasantly surprised at the shave you will get...and without any bleeding! They work great, they cost a fraction of what we are forced to pay for the other brand and besides getting a good shave, it's a way of fighting back against those sky high prices.

Are you serious!?! You must have a light beard. I would compare these to the single bladed BIC disposables, but at least the BICs are easier to clean between shaving strokes.

spizmar

quality posts: 11 Private Messages spizmar

These shave OK everywhere but close to your nose. They are not great, but they beat the crap out of anything else for the price. I have never cut myself with them, and clogging has not been a problem. I can have a three day beard and it doesn't clog them. As the saying goes, YMMV.

golf22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages golf22

DO NOOOOOTTTTTT BUY!!!!!! THEY ARE GARBAGE. WASTED MY MONEY LAST TIME. CLOG CANNOT BE CLEARED.

DBoulant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DBoulant

Got them last round, and they didn't work well at all.

AngelSilhouette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AngelSilhouette
bpr2 wrote:Each head does not last very long, and they clog very easily since the blades are so close together.

I would not recommend.

I completely agree. This shaving kit is absolute rubbish.

KidA0723

quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

Wulfster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wulfster

I got a bunch of these for free from a deal at Walgreens and promptly donated them to a local charity. I would rather dry-shave against the grain with a rusty double-edge razor...

hvac1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hvac1000
KidA0723 wrote:RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

First I buzz the beard down with my electric then do the following since the electric never gets close enough.

King of Shaves work great if you use the proper shave gel/oil. Go to the Remington web site and look under King of Shaves. Now look at the King of Shave products.
The shave gel or the shave oil is what to use and when I say use I mean a pencil eraser size amount. Spread it around and then follow with just a splash of water to make it flow all over. After two strokes or so run the blade under forceful water tap. Work it this way and you will find you have the best shave going. I am 62 and used everything from a strait razor when I was young to electric later in life and this beats them all. My wife says my face is a smooth as a baby's A$$ and she would know since we had quite a few baby's years ago.

wbanes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wbanes

Wow...so much emotion...about razor blades.

I bought these last time and I think they're fine. I'm not the hairiest animal on the planet, but I do shave every weekday and these do a great job. Plus, I've yet to cut myself.

Ergonomically, I think they have issues...changing blades...handle isn't as grippy as I'm used to.

I do not regret the purchase at all...but it seems I'm in the minority!

eatkin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eatkin

These things suck. I bought 3 packages thinking this is a great deal. These take 3 times the amount of time to give a crappy shave that cheap razors can do in half the time. I tried 2 blades thinking I got a bad one, but they're all bad. I'm gonna throw the rest away cause I wouldn't feel comfortable even giving them away as presents.

Samus

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus
wbanes wrote:Wow...so much emotion...about razor blades.

Simply consumers warning other potential consumers about a crap product that shouldn't even be legal to sell. These should be marketed as 'disposable' blades because you literally have to throw them out every single time you use one.

I received one as a free sample from Jegs auto parts with a battery I ordered for my car. I used it once and had to throw it out the second time I tried to use it. It was completely clogged up, even wiggling it in a cup of hot water didn't help.

It's like the blades have an adhesive that sticks to shaving cream.

There's a reason Mach 3 and Fusion blades cost so much. Because they are the best. Mach 3 is still the best razor on the planet. I get a month out of each blade shaving semi-daily, so it costs me about $25/year in blades.

Secunza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Secunza

This could be the WORST product ever offer from Woot (and that is a lot to say).

Shame on Woot for still trying to scam his clients with this garbage. I guess it was Justin´s idea.

Ruger9mm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ruger9mm

Was in for three last time around, even with all the complaints I saw. I thought it was just like the folks over on the deals side who complain anytime Vintage Straight Razor posts a deal. I figured for the price how could I go wrong. But these razors do live up to their hype unfortunately. They gave me the worst razor burn I've ever had. I will throw a caution to everyone these are as bad as they are being described.

sdavida

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sdavida

I got 3 sets the first time they were offered, and another 3 the next time.

Clogging is a non-issue if a shave lotion is used. I use "Kiss my Face" Key Lime moisture Shave and I have gone through only two blades in two months. Shaving does take a little longer - but you can get just as close as any $5 per blade cartridge WITHOUT ANY CUTS or nicks.

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah

No one is ever going to read my review unless I keep it short and sweet.

Here it is in a word:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

cantide1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cantide1

Horrible product. =(

I bought this the last time it rolled around. The 5 blades are too close together and you don't actually get a close shave. Also, they clog, badly. I've tried the opposite swipe. I've tried swishing it in water. I've tried holding it under the sink.

Also, the action of the head is not in a large enough range of motion, so you don't get a good angle on your face.

I use a 3 blade razor and it works MUCH better.

1/5, would not recommend.

delta702

quality posts: 1 Private Messages delta702

whats funny is all these haters. I got 8 sets of this bundle last time it was on woot. i never have to buy more razors again. i had to switch to a better shaving cream=. for the money you cannot beat it. although it does take a little bit to learn how to use them.

JonShaffer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JonShaffer
wootmeharder wrote:DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!

These are HORRIBLE!!!

The baldes are too close, they clog and are impossible to clean. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THESE!!!!

If you don't believe me, just wait for more reviews from others who have wasted their money on this garbage!!! Or scroll back and read reviews when they were offered in the past.

WOOT...YOU SUCK for continuing to seel these after all the complaints you received about them.

These work well for me and I've purchased each time. Hot water rinse get clean and they last a few shaves each blade it seems.

JonShaffer

cantide1 wrote:Horrible product. =(

I bought this the last time it rolled around. The 5 blades are too close together and you don't actually get a close shave. Also, they clog, badly. I've tried the opposite swipe. I've tried swishing it in water. I've tried holding it under the sink.

Also, the action of the head is not in a large enough range of motion, so you don't get a good angle on your face.

I use a 3 blade razor and it works MUCH better.

1/5, would not recommend.

These work fine for me.

JonShaffer

golf22 wrote:DO NOOOOOTTTTTT BUY!!!!!! THEY ARE GARBAGE. WASTED MY MONEY LAST TIME. CLOG CANNOT BE CLEARED.

Hot water works for me. Use daily.

heygunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heygunny
hehthuryo wrote:These razors get a bum rap. Use shaving cream instead of gel and it's smooth sailing.

Not as great as the razors with $30 refills but they're almost as good for a fraction of the price.

I've bought 6 of these sets in the past few months and they should last me for years.

I have had no trouble with the blade coming off--I run it through water instead of tapping it on the sink. It does clog more but, again, just splash through water.

It takes me a couple of times to get a new blade on but that's just a few extra seconds.

These would also make excellent stocking stuffers--just include a can of shaving cream.

And if you use them as stocking stuffers, don't worry about cutting the stocking - they don't cut beards so they won't cut the stocking either. Worst razor ever!

sklathill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sklathill

I actually grabbed one from Big Lots a while ago... and didn't like it. At the time I was using some plain Barbasol shaving cream. Wasn't particularly close and it took a while with all the running over the same areas. At least I wasn't getting nicked...

After a while I switched to the second blade and used some Gillette moisturizing shaving gel... and it's probably the best shave I've ever had. And the blades last a decent while for me, about 2 weeks, three shaves a week. I'm grabbing three for myself. That should last me a while...