WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Oreck RU41T XL Signature Plus II

Speed to First Woot:
2m 29.330s
First Sucker:
tanner22
Last Wooter to Woot:
cjkwallace
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 38% of Home Woots
Bottom 46% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 12% of Home Woots
Top 29% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 9% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 27% < 10 woots
  • 27% < 25 woots
  • 32% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 7% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 80% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 96% bought 1
  • 4% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

1%
1%
1%
0%
1%
3%
5%
10%
11%
11%
7%
8%
3%
3%
4%
2%
4%
5%
3%
2%
4%
5%
3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann


Anisa is peddling this vacuum. She loves it.

She showed me why I don't want a bagless vac (decoration i want a bagless)

cfitzwilliams


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfitzwilliams

I can't find any reviews on this Dyson model. Help?

lete


quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

These have better brush agitation than the lower model number dysons, but they still suffer from that lousy bag. Bagful vacuums generate suction by blowing air through the bags like a filter. As the bag fills and the walls of the bag become encumbered with dust, you loose suction. The bagful vacuum sellers will try to tell you these vacuums make less of a mess when you empty them, but they can still pollute your air just as much as the bagless kind. I'd pass this up and I'd skip the older dysons too. Go for a newer model dyson with good agitation and bagless design says I.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cfitzwilliams wrote:I can't find any reviews on this Dyson model. Help?


*snort*



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Nate650


quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650
lete wrote:These have better brush agitation than the lower model number dysons, but they still suffer from that lousy bag. Bagful vacuums generate suction by blowing air through the bags like a filter. As the bag fills and the walls of the bag become encumbered with dust, you loose suction. The bagful vacuum sellers will try to tell you these vacuums make less of a mess when you empty them, but they can still pollute your air just as much as the bagless kind. I'd pass this up and I'd skip the older dysons too. Go for a newer model dyson with good agitation and bagless design says I.



Good stuff, thanks.

colinchout


quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinchout

Got a c41 and absolutely happy with it. I'm done with bag vac.

mike808


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

I have this vac or a close model. Paid more so this is a good deal. I also like my vacuum. Cleans well, gets under the bed and my floor and the dirt could care less about what brand I have. It works and was worth the money. That is all that matters in my book.

Samus


quality posts: 15 Private Messages Samus
mike808 wrote:I have this vac or a close model. Paid more so this is a good deal. I also like my vacuum. Cleans well, gets under the bed and my floor and the dirt could care less about what brand I have. It works and was worth the money. That is all that matters in my book.



$100 for an Oreck is a really good deal. If you buy them new, Oreck usually provides a free 1-year supply of bags, but bags on eBay cost almost nothing (a dozen for $20 bucks will last most people a year)

I've always preferred bag vacuums. No filters to replace, they are definitely cleaner to empty, I've never had a bag 'explode' and they always have more suction, even when the bag is almost full. It's just simpler to maintain.

Remember, ALL vacuums have parts that need replacing, and these parts always cost more than bags. My last vacuum had two filters that needed to be replaced every 6 months at $14 for the canister filter and $9 for the HEPA filter. The canister filter was 'washable' but it just mildewed if you did that.

cksphd


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cksphd

Okay, I have had an Oreck for about ten years, and we bought a Dyson, on Woot, about a year ago. The Oreck is MUCH better than the Dyson in every way.

The bag is very easy to change and quite inexpensive. It is much cleaner than the bagless Dyson.

The Oreck is lighter, more maneuverable, cleans much better, and is a breeze to take out and use. Vacuuming is much less of a chore. As for quality, ten years, and it works as wonderfully as a new one!

touchdownwoot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages touchdownwoot

According to today's price at amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Signature-Plus-II-Upright-Vacuum/dp/B0043VR95G) it's $119 refurbished, $239 new. A top 500 reviewer there gave a detailed 3-star review. According to him, its lightweight, very maneuverable, and has a long and heavy duty cord. But its noisy, with tiny wheels that make it difficult to push around, and has "edge suction [that is] is truly abysmal"...

goatcrapp


quality posts: 16 Private Messages goatcrapp

having had a dyson and an oreck, and several other bagless and bagged vacs - there are good and bad designs for each regardless of price.

that said, i found even the better bagless designs just didn't cut it for my type of cleaning (includes pets, coarse and fine debris, etc) - emptying the debris was never enough... i had to disassemble it to clean the filter/mesh/whatever they used. I went back to bags, and i find the oreck to be one of the neater solutions... snaps in place, flap opening, and very little chance of mess unless you let it get overfilled. I've never had a bag explode in any of my vacuums. I'd suggest either cheap bags, or inappropriate debris (ie: if you're sucking up sharp gravel - get a shop vac..) as the cause for those whoa are.

This is a good price if you only want the upright.

olon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages olon
cksphd wrote:Okay, I have had an Oreck for about ten years, and we bought a Dyson, on Woot, about a year ago. The Oreck is MUCH better than the Dyson in every way.

The bag is very easy to change and quite inexpensive. It is much cleaner than the bagless Dyson.

The Oreck is lighter, more maneuverable, cleans much better, and is a breeze to take out and use. Vacuuming is much less of a chore. As for quality, ten years, and it works as wonderfully as a new one!



I agree. My first real job while I was still in school was cleaning an elementary school and we used Oreck vacuums very similar to this.

These vacuums are super light, and designed for professional cleaning services. You won't have an issue carrying them up the stairs with one finger, they are so light. They maintain power and could stand up to cleaning up kids messes every day for years.

Dysons may have brilliant marketing, but they are born out of the door to door vacuum sales of your grandparent's time: They offer needless features and are over priced. These Orecks were made for professional cleaning crews and are extremely reasonably priced.

musone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages musone

Had an old Oreck and didn't think about it at all. It vacuumed just fine. Lost the base plate in a move. Cost $50 to replace. Got rid of the vacuum instead, not realizing how expensive Orecks were. Bought all sorts of vacuums since then: bagless Dyson, Eureka Pet Boss, etc. They all worked fine for a up to a year and then not so much. Regretted for years getting rid of the Oreck. Today's Woot was a great opportunity to make up for my mistake and go back to an Oreck. Thank you Woot.

warnerzb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages warnerzb

Bare floors or carpet? Does this baby have a stronger suit either way?

davidmcgill


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmcgill

(gonna say it)

I heard this vacuum sucks.

{bah-dum Chhh!}

treemonkey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages treemonkey

I hate, hate, hate my current vacuum. A four star rated Oreck at Amazon beats my one star disaster any day. And at $100 it can't be beat. I'm in!

dcdesign4u


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcdesign4u

First, Dyson has a really cool English Designer, and when he talks, everyone gets caught up in his proper english and believe he's right. He is, his patented system is cool as hell. That's where it stops. Try luggn' that load up the stairs or moving it around...if everyone had a Dyson, we wouldn't be the fattest country in the world. Oreck is Lightweight, JUST as powerful as a Dyson and the dust bags are easy to use and bio degradable. The power of the this unit pulls itself, so the small wheels really don't matter, I don't know what that other guy is talking about. I have 2 Orecks. One base cheapy and a heavier duty one, they work great, and if they lose power or crap out, you bring them in to the store and get them fixed. It's like owning a car, not like owning a Iphone. They aren't disposable. You just get them fixed and they work like new. Nuff Said!

sbaker7846


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbaker7846

We have had an Oreck (similar model) for years now. I think there is no comparison especially when you factor in how light the vacuum is. Think that's not a big deal? If you have a two story house like we do, it becomes a real big deal. Dragging it up and down becomes less of chore. You'll find yourself vacuuming more, which is the point. The bags are easy to replace and 'seal' when you remove them keeping dust to a minimum. I've found you can buy the bags cheaply over at Woot's parent's website (A to the Z). You can stop by your local Oreck store once a year for a nice checkup and cleaning for free. This is a great price on a great vacuum. The Dyson is a nice machine too, but much too heavy IMHO.
Most Orecks are still made assembled in the good old USA (at least the uprights).

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Had an Oreck for yrs, best vac ever.

shikemd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shikemd

I've had my Oreck since the summer of 2002. About a month ago it started to crap out and I figured out the wooden roller/brushes were worn out. Went down to the store and got a new roller and base plate for $70, and the guy put it in for me in about 5 minutes. The new base plate has larger wheels than the old one did (which had wheels the size of a stack of 2 or 3 quarters). I should have had it worked on earlier, as it now literally pulls itself along on bare floors. Moves great on carpet too. The more complicated the machine, the more easily it can break and the heavier it is. These vacs are the opposite of complicated.

Had I known Woot was going to have this one up for sale, I would have bought it instead of parts for the old one, but oh well.

teric


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teric

I need a vacumn that has an easy to remove base plate, where it an pop off and the beater bar thing can pop out to remove long hair and also change that small belt. I can't find any in the stores anymore- they all have a bunch of long screws to remove, that is too time consuming. Does this vacumn have that feature?

lhbhatten


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhbhatten

I'm in! Orecks are the BEST! I had an Oreck for years. When it died, we got a bagless Bissell that got near perfect reviews on several sites. Emptying the bagless is too messy and disgusting. The vac weighs a ton. My house is a mess because I don't want to vacuum using this crappy 18 lb upright.

robul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages robul

the baseplate is 5 screws to remove, but you can easily remove most hair without taking the plate off just cut it fromt he roller and pull.

As for this price, Well it really makes the people that own Oreck Stores very unhappy, As I personally do own and operate a store, This price is cheaper than the franchise stores can purhcase them from oreck wholesale. Dont think you will find a better price. And by the way these units are most likely brand new. Oreck simply slaps reman stickers on them so they dont depreciate there new machines value. I think I will pick up 3 and sell them in the store for a small profit. Thanks woot!

rsnyc


quality posts: 2 Private Messages rsnyc

Ive had the same oreck for over 10 years. it works great. light weight and picks up everything. Get it.

rmsalt


quality posts: 5 Private Messages rmsalt

I am now a new owner of an Oreck. I bought this because my wife and I own a Eureka that weighs about 25 lbs. Lugging it up and down the stairs is a nightmare. Both my In-laws and my parents have Orecks and they wouldn't own any other vacuum. Thanks Woot!

ang987


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ang987

I have four flights of stairs. Can anyone vouch for this regarding stair cleaning? I notice there are no attachments. Thanks much

ang987


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ang987
ang987 wrote:I have four flights of stairs. Can anyone vouch for this regarding stair cleaning? I notice there are no attachments. Thanks much



Also: The stairs and all rooms in the house are hardwood with the exception of the bedrooms (carpet)

rmsalt


quality posts: 5 Private Messages rmsalt
ang987 wrote:I have four flights of stairs. Can anyone vouch for this regarding stair cleaning? I notice there are no attachments. Thanks much



My 70 year old parents have stairs and the width of their Oreck fits perfectly to the depth of their stairs. It's light and easy enough for them to maneuver.

mazimi1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazimi1
sbaker7846 wrote:We have had an Oreck (similar model) for years now. I think there is no comparison especially when you factor in how light the vacuum is. Think that's not a big deal? If you have a two story house like we do, it becomes a real big deal. Dragging it up and down becomes less of chore. You'll find yourself vacuuming more, which is the point. The bags are easy to replace and 'seal' when you remove them keeping dust to a minimum. I've found you can buy the bags cheaply over at Woot's parent's website (A to the Z). You can stop by your local Oreck store once a year for a nice checkup and cleaning for free. This is a great price on a great vacuum. The Dyson is a nice machine too, but much too heavy IMHO.
Most Orecks are still made assembled in the good old USA (at least the uprights).



Will of the "XL" bags fit?