WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kitchen Camero, Kitchen Camero

When you want to cook, you want the Camero of kitchenware. Naturally, you'll have to decide for yourself which of these items that will be. The pots? The storage jars? The toaster? ALL OF THEM??

Quality Posts

• (1:48 AM, 12/5/2012) zanybabe tells us about the soup pot.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Things to cook in, things to store your cooked food in. We've seen a bunch of these before in other sales - let's hear those reviews!

I'm just hanging out, really.

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

Does anyone have any input on the lasagna pan in terms of the quality, price, and if this is really that good of a deal?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Edurne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Edurne

Is there any chance that the Woot-gods could add a shopping cart?
There are at least ten things i wanna purchase but having to order each item individually is a real turn off...i'd much rather just add everything to a cart and pay for them all at once. You'd probably get a lot more money out of me, too.
So could you add a shopping cart? Please?

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving definitely isn't for you.

dnsgrrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnsgrrl

Anyone else thinking about the Dead Milkmen?

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

Marilyn to add to the Elvis from the woot-off. Both are, well, hideous.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Edurne wrote:Is there any chance that the Woot-gods could add a shopping cart?
There are at least ten things i wanna purchase but having to order each item individually is a real turn off...i'd much rather just add everything to a cart and pay for them all at once. You'd probably get a lot more money out of me, too.

Well, not today (those things take programming time), but we'll be sure to pass the suggestion on.

I'm just hanging out, really.

cleverogre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cleverogre

Thanks for the flashback to my high school days (riding around in my friend's car singing Dead Milkmen) Is "Camaro" misspelled for copyright reasons?

gambrinus2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gambrinus2

Any opinions on the 8.1 qt stockpot? I could use a new one.

flowerrosey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flowerrosey

Totally agree, so annoying!

CrystaIEyes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CrystaIEyes

The Cuisinart toaster is a lie!

Okay not a "lie" per say, but the normal price of it is just $50, not $90. (It's $49.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond). I was a little bummed to find out I wasn't getting as big of a deal as I thought.
Also it was/is? for sale at OneKingsLane.com for $39 (not sure what they're shipping costs are so it may be cheaper or more expensive), but I thought I'd pass that along if anyone was interested (they also had it in white).

Haven't used the toaster yet (bought it for my parents), but here's my two pennies!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
dnsgrrl wrote:Anyone else thinking about the Dead Milkmen?

Everyone who is cool.

move along

Zippy The Pinhead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zippy The Pinhead
j5 wrote:Everyone who is cool.

You'll dance to anything.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

devster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages devster

Sorry woot but we come to this site not to pay for logo's. Target sells the same Lodge Cast Iron Pre-Seasoned Skillet 12 Inch for 19.99. Can you beat it?

http://www.target.com/p/lodge-cast-iron-pre-seasoned-skillet-12-inch/-/A-10291923?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C10291923&CPNG=Kitchen&kpid=10291923&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=10291923

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey

Anyone own the Soup Pot or the Prep-Co Pan with Lid and would like to comment on the function or value?

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey

YES!!! I'm making about 20 purchases today (Christmas shopping, this time) and having to checkout only once saves me a lot of time AND looks a lot less suspicious to my credit card company.

I understand these are limited deals, but most similar shopping deals sites use a timed shopping cart system. It would be really helpful.

Paleogirl2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paleogirl2003

I also adore the idea of a woot site wide shopping cart!

Apathy0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Apathy0

i am terrified by the idea of a woot shopping cart...

zanybabe

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zanybabe
slicey wrote:Anyone own the Soup Pot or the Prep-Co Pan with Lid and would like to comment on the function or value?

I have the soup pot. Unfortunately, the shape is not great for anything other than thinner soups. However, I find it a little on the small side for soups or stock as I usually like to make enough for leftovers.

The conical shape allows watery soups to boil off but not so great for thicker cream based soups as the heat dispersion is uneven. Cheesy soups tend to stick to the bottom. I also tried to use it for shallow frying unsuccessfully - stuff was sticking to the bottom. It's less versatile than my other enamel coated pans. However, if you make a lot of soups it might still be a good value. I wanted to make oatmeal and alfredo sauce in it but after seeing everything stick to the bottom I haven't tried it yet. I prefer to use my no-mess non-stick saucepan for those instead. It might make a good vegetable steamer, can't think of any other use...

It is not too heavy which is a plus point. You'll have to make sure you wash and dry it immediately as with any other cast iron ware. And you cannot put it in the dishwasher.

ironwood6058

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironwood6058

ironwood6058

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironwood6058
j5 wrote:Everyone who is cool.

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
devster wrote:Sorry woot but we come to this site not to pay for logo's. Target sells the same Lodge Cast Iron Pre-Seasoned Skillet 12 Inch for 19.99. Can you beat it?

http://www.target.com/p/lodge-cast-iron-pre-seasoned-skillet-12-inch/-/A-10291923?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C10291923&CPNG=Kitchen&kpid=10291923&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=10291923

Even less money at WalMart. I think it was some odd pricing like $18.88. Came very close to picking one up yesterday.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

clover5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clover5

Anyone have the BergHoff 12" non-stick skillet? Is it really NON stick? Are the sides gentle slanted or more vertical?

clover5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clover5

[]Even less money at WalMart. I think it was some odd pricing like $18.88. Came very close to picking one up yesterday.)
12" Lodge at Amazon is just under $19.

surf1318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surf1318

Screw the items, I just want more Dead Milkmen references.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
devster wrote:Sorry woot but we come to this site not to pay for logo's. Target sells the same Lodge Cast Iron Pre-Seasoned Skillet 12 Inch for 19.99. Can you beat it?

Some of us, actually, DO enjoy the logo.

Try and go camping with that ole Walmart pan. Betcha you'll have yours all seasoned perfectly and someone will swap it out for their rusty unseasoned one!! And you won't be able to identify yours, because why??? NO LOGO!!!!

The prosecution rests.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

In all seriousness, I have the woot! cast iron pan and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I read up on cast iron http://www.richsoil.com/cast-iron.jsp and learned so much.

Tonight i made a deep dish pizza in my pan, and it slid right out and had the loveliest brown crust!!!!! i think i'm going to bake some bread in it next!!

I am sure it is super wonderful because it is a woot! logoed pan.

bgavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgavin
clcaruthers wrote:Does anyone have any input on the lasagna pan in terms of the quality, price, and if this is really that good of a deal?

I have a set of stainless steel Cuisanart pans that are wonderful. I suspect that the lasagna pan is worth every penny they are charging and can be used to roast a small turkey (you can get a rack to put in it), pork, or beef in as well. I made a vegetarian lasagna for Thanksgiving for my veggie guests and used a 9 X 13 cake pan. I so wished I had a deeper lasagna pan. It made such a mess out of my oven which is why I don't make lasagna more often. I'm getting one.

bgavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgavin
lstaff wrote:In all seriousness, I have the woot! cast iron pan and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I read up on cast iron http://www.richsoil.com/cast-iron.jsp and learned so much.

Tonight i made a deep dish pizza in my pan, and it slid right out and had the loveliest brown crust!!!!! i think i'm going to bake some bread in it next!!

I am sure it is super wonderful because it is a woot! logoed pan.

Try cooking corn bread (heat it up before you pour the batter in for a crunchy bottom crust) or biscuits in your cast iron. It's the best!

ngoodfri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngoodfri

I just have to warn anyone who is thinking about buying the turntable glass board. As a rule, if you are looking for the fastest way to dull your good kitchen knives, us a glass cutting board (it's followed closely by putting them in the dishwasher...). Seriously. You may as well go outside and grind your knife on the sidewalk. Alton Brown even referred to them as the "Dark Lord of the Sith" of cutting surfaces. I'm a chef, and a fan of awesome cutlery (like the Shun Ken Onion santoku i got from woot!), and i'm asking for your help to spread awareness of this tragic cutlery abuse epidemic. Throw that silicate nightmare in the recycling bin, and get a nice renewable bamboo/wood or composite board. Thank you and goodnight. :P

Neenie2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neenie2

My folks bought me a Kitchen Camero, with no insurance for snacks. So if I happen to eat them all, please don't me a-scratch!!

ts855

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ts855

I ran over my neighbor

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ts855 wrote:I ran over my neighbor

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Cotb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cotb

"Donuts on your lawn" has a whole new meaning with the Kitchen Camaro.

Off to buy some mineral oil for my new cutting boards.

Cotb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cotb
ts855 wrote:I ran over my neighbor

Now you're in all the papers