WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you recycle?
  • 48.1% - Recycle. Compost. The works. 611
  • 14.7% - Heck no. I refuse to wash my garbage before I throw it away. 187
  • 37.2% - Sometimes. But those bins confuse me. 472
1270 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

verdauga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verdauga

So where is the option for "No, because my city/state doesn't have any kind of recycling program at all."

-Montana

<--- Yes, that's a hipster tiger.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

How about:
I recycle, but don't compost?

How is that not an option?

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel
verdauga wrote:So where is the option for "No, because my city/state doesn't have any kind of recycling program at all."

This for Ga as well, it's in most of the state but not the boonies.

I really wish we had it in my area. I do compost my leafs, paper and veggie scraps however.

StarM

quality posts: 19 Private Messages StarM
verdauga wrote:So where is the option for "No, because my city/state doesn't have any kind of recycling program at all."

-Montana

+ 1

Rural Texas town -- I do bundle my 1's, 2's, aluminum cans & glass and take them to the closest town for each of them when I make trips there for shopping, errands, etc. A real pain, but it kills me to throw away stuff that can easily be recycled, particularly wine bottles (thanks to you Wine.Woot!).

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

The bins don't confuse me, they just cut into my fingers with the lousy molding on their handles.

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

No sorting required in my city. Just throw it all into a second garbage can and take it to the street every two weeks.

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke
StarM wrote:+ 1

Rural Texas town -- I do bundle my 1's, 2's, aluminum cans & glass and take them to the closest town for each of them when I make trips there for shopping, errands, etc. A real pain, but it kills me to throw away stuff that can easily be recycled, particularly wine bottles (thanks to you Wine.Woot!).

Be kind to your local homebrewer (beer, wine or mead) and ask if they need bottles.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123
thumperchick wrote:How about:

I would think that option would be the run away winner. I know exactly 1 person who composts, while nearly everyone I know recycles. I'd imagine the only reason the recycle/compost option leads is because it is less demeaning than saying "the bins confuse me".

dball56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dball56

Recycling is the easy part, but not really all that much fun! Remember the days as a kid and after a good rain you got to go out and play in the mud? When you compost you MAKE your own "dirt", can play with it in different ways, why the possibilities are endless when you make dirt....(I ain't even gonna go into composting with worms...lol)

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981
thumperchick wrote:How about:

Exactly! I recycle, but don't do compost. And since we throw all our recycling in a single bin and set it on the curb, there is no "bin confusion."