Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thumperchick

quality posts: 207 Private Messages thumperchick

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 500 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:I wonder what I would do with 2...

You get not just one, but two... TWO side sleeper pillows!

I use one on the couch for watching TV while laying down.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bookofjoshua

have a left and a right pillow...

TenderBranson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TenderBranson

Beezzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Beezzer

Bought this on prior Woot, with the hope it would work well with my sleep apnea mask. Wasn't comfortable at all and gave them to Goodwill. Maybe you will have better luck.

bookofjoshua

ThunderThighs wrote:You get not just one, but two... TWO side sleeper pillows!

I use one on the couch for watching TV while laying down.

how does telling us what you do with one help answer the question of what to do with two?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Is that little hole in the middle a nose hole, or to catch the drool from a very sound sleep that one will ostensibly get when resting upon these?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

drummingcraig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages drummingcraig

These are selling for $18 individually on Amazon & Walmart.com so this is a great deal on a pair.

So are we gonna kick it - Gonna kick it woot down - Gonna break it all down - Gonna kick it woot down!

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

So this is the same fill as the $5 pillows in that big cage at the big box stores, just in a U-shape w/ an ear cup? Or am I missing something more specialer?

ThunderThighs

Staff

bookofjoshua wrote:how does telling us what you do with one help answer the question of what to do with two?

I kinda figured the other would be on the bed.

I flop around too much to use this as a pillow on the bed. I do really like it on the couch though.

bookofjoshua

ThunderThighs wrote:I kinda figured the other would be on the bed.

yeah, I was just being a smart butt.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 54 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Curse you woot! I have a set from a previous woot. One for my bed and one for in the camper. I wanted one for my father-in-law. He was being tempted by the $80 mypillow and I suggested he try one of these first. So I just paid $15 for one from Amazon last week. Crud!

I still might order another set anyway, just as replacements and/or spares.

And you can face the "wrong" way on it just fine. It is not uncomfortable. So if you are a flip-flopper from side to side, you'll just have the back part in the front. It really feels no different on your head. No different than those body pillows.

susanrm

quality posts: 12 Private Messages susanrm

I have one. I like it.

Now if only Woot would sell the pillow I so desperately want but can't find anywhere: the Northlight Ergonomic Flex Pillow. Gave mine to my bro when he got injured & can't replace it now.

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012, and now

ThunderThighs

Staff

bookofjoshua wrote:yeah, I was just being a smart butt.

Brat.

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

I'd be in for a buckwheat pillow if woot offered one at a better price than Amazon proper. Nobody cares though. Nobody.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
ckeilah wrote:Is that little hole in the middle a nose hole, or to catch the drool from a very sound sleep that one will ostensibly get when resting upon these?

That's where your ear goes. These are made for side-sleepers.

doomtothee

quality posts: 47 Private Messages doomtothee

Is there a way to get a new pillowcase if something happens to the one it comes with?

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
ThunderThighs wrote:I kinda figured the other would be on the bed.

I flop around too much to use this as a pillow on the bed. I do really like it on the couch though.

TMI about your WILD and EXOTIC nightlife, TT!

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
doomtothee wrote:Is there a way to get a new pillowcase if something happens to the one it comes with?

If you read this as if Buffalo Bill is saying it, this question takes on a whole new meaning. I'm just sayin'.

ratlenhum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ratlenhum

I got a set of these about a year ago. They smelled horrible, very very heavy chemical smell. The first night we got them I laid on it for a few minutes to see how it felt and my face was all red and itchy for hours afterward. I made my husband throw them in the shed so they could off-gas. About a week later I remember them and brought them in. We each use one and LOVE it. Mine is starting to get a little flat and isn't as comfortable as it used to be.

ratlenhum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ratlenhum
doomtothee wrote:Is there a way to get a new pillowcase if something happens to the one it comes with?

eBay

rachelle33

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rachelle33

Don't know if I'm odd....but I put the pillow inside a regular size standard pillowcase.

addalight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages addalight
rachelle33 wrote:Don't know if I'm odd....but I put the pillow inside a regular size standard pillowcase.

Logical;that may be considered odd.

Smith

Timmy4571

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Timmy4571

Ordered em was gonna give one to my mom. Had to keep her occupied while she was on woot so she wouldn't buy one too. lol

pupyluvr

quality posts: 47 Private Messages pupyluvr

Reminds me of the Bad Boys II pregnancy donut pillow joke.

Tell me again... What's the little hole for?

Skanning

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Skanning
rachelle33 wrote:Don't know if I'm odd....but I put the pillow inside a regular size standard pillowcase.

If you're odd, you've got company :-)
That's the big complaint I have on these, the one that comes with it is more like a pillow protector of sorts. We, too, slide them into a standard pillow case.

blackest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blackest

Please, someone illustrate how this works? I'm a side sleeper but I don't get how this would help me. If the cup is for the ear and the negative space is for your shoulder/arm, then why do I need pillow parts in front and behind me?

EffieMae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EffieMae
Beezzer wrote:Bought this on prior Woot, with the hope it would work well with my sleep apnea mask. Wasn't comfortable at all and gave them to Goodwill. Maybe you will have better luck.

I've not had a problem using my sleep apnea mask with mine. Could have something to do with the style of mask?
I LOVE my Side Sleeper Pillow!

EffieMae

You can order new ones from the company but they are the same generic white ones that originally come on them which aren't made all that well. I've seen some on ebay but they're pricey... $15 & up!
I've taken an old one of my cases & took it apart to use as a pattern to make a new one. Haven't done it yet, but it honestly doesn't look that difficult. The zipper will be the hardest part, but I may try snaps or velcro instead.
I want some to match my sheet sets. It's a girl thing... lol.

EffieMae

We each use one and LOVE it. Mine is starting to get a little flat and isn't as comfortable as it used to be.

Like any pillow they will break down & become 'flat' after a while. That's why I'm going to go ahead & order another set to put back for when my current ones are no longer comfy.

pjeffy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pjeffy

A must for side sleepers, like me. I've bought several on Woot. Starts out hard as a rock...It takes about a month to break in and keeps it shape for about 6 months until it flattens out. I'm in for more. Just wish they had different color case than white.

bchrist825

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bchrist825

Is this microwaveable?

dg12345

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dg12345

Bought this for mom last year. She has sleep apnea and has to wear one of those facemask things that shoves oxygen through her nose and basically makes her look like Bane. She absolutely loves them.

I tried the other one because I'm a die-hard stomach sleeper and was hoping this might cure it. Didn't help.

Only negative is the "pillowcase" is thin, cheap cloth that will start to unravel the first time you clean it. Don't even think about trying to clean it in a washing machine.

billveik

quality posts: 5 Private Messages billveik
Beezzer wrote:Bought this on prior Woot, with the hope it would work well with my sleep apnea mask. Wasn't comfortable at all and gave them to Goodwill. Maybe you will have better luck.

I would not think so, the sleep apnea pillows feature the depression area on either side that contours the mask. Good thought though, those are expensive (I own one).....

Woo@@@@@@@ooT.........Ooops, was that me?
Beggin' your pardon, it must have been the w@@t soup.

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

i'd really just recommend memory foam pillows. as long as you get the plush ones and not the "firm" or "supportive" kind, they pretty much fit ALL sleepers since they form to YOUR form as you're sleeping.

i'm a dedicated side sleeper and memory foam is the only solution that actually worked for me. worked perfectly.

just sayin'

edit: just noticed whoever featured that comment made a little grammar booboo. missing the word "other," probably.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mrsjhaye
blackest wrote:Please, someone illustrate how this works? I'm a side sleeper but I don't get how this would help me. If the cup is for the ear and the negative space is for your shoulder/arm, then why do I need pillow parts in front and behind me?

Check out the link in the description to see the side sleeper "in action".

crsty1117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crsty1117

Bought these a while back on here as I am a side sleeper. When I tried sleeping with one I would wake up in the middle of the night with a terrible pain in my neck. I really tried to like this product but it ended up being one of the few purchases from woot that I really regret.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mrsjhaye
bchrist825 wrote:Is this microwaveable?

probably not but it might be top rack dishwasher safe!

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

May order a set so me and the wife can play a little "bedroom horseshoes"