zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

http://youtu.be/yVrNV_5LhNE

that was fun while it lasted!

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

Does anyone know if Egyptian Cotton is dryer safe? Wouldn't want it to lose its soft fuzziness...

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

rlfnlc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rlfnlc

Yes, but only if you have and use a low heat option and don't overdry. This fiber should be treated in the same manner you would other long fiber cottons. Fabric softeners may also clog the fibers over time. I would recommend using them sparingly.

I have a question: does the packaging have a gsm (grams per square meter) rating? This would help me know the density of the weave and the quality of the towel.

500 gsm is average, over 700 is pretty thick, over 900 is rare and may be too thick for some.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rlfnlc wrote:Yes, but only if you have and use a low heat option and don't overdry. This fiber should be treated in the same manner you would other long fiber cottons.

I have a question: does the packaging have a gsm (grams per square meter) rating? This would help me know the density of the weave and the quality of the towel.

I can ask but I may not hear back with it being the weekend.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FYI: We corrected one line in the features.

It referred to one of the towel sets as "printed." They are not printed. They are jacquard weave.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gparr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gparr

This set would be a great buy if it included a bath mat.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
gparr wrote:This set would be a great buy if it included a bath mat.

You're kidding right? I'm in for 3 sets.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

tom1276

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tom1276

"does the packaging have a gsm (grams per square meter) rating? This would help me know the density of the weave and the quality of the towel.

500 gsm is average, over 700 is pretty thick, over 900 is rare..."

Without a gsm or thread count it is a crap shoot as to the quality of these towels. No way I am buying without more info. Maybe telling that this critical information is missing from the specs page... buyer beware.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass

This is actually the first product write-up I can remember seeing on w00t that contains a typo -- which is an amazing accomplishment for a what is essentially a daily internet publication. I'm referring to the first sentence: "I don't care where my towels come from as long as they're soft, absorbent and compliment my decor..." Here I think the copywriter meant to use complement, not compliment.

(And you probably thought I was going to object to the lack of an Oxford comma, right? Well, you're right; I do -- but I consider the use of an Oxford comma to be not so much a hard-and-fast rule as a matter of style preference, so as much as I prefer them myself, I begrudgingly acknowledge others' prerogative to omit them.)

I love bacon!

sugarpearls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarpearls
lethargicmass wrote:This is actually the first product write-up I can remember seeing on w00t that contains a typo -- which is an amazing accomplishment for a what is essentially a daily internet publication. I'm referring to the first sentence: "I don't care where my towels come from as long as they're soft, absorbent and compliment my decor..." Here I think the copywriter meant to use complement, not compliment.

It's just a matter of time before someone says, "No, the word choice is correct . . . the towels aren't meant to match the decor, but to shower praise upon it."

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1
rlfnlc wrote:

Thanks for asking this, hope that we get an answer, would help me (at least) make up my mind on if I want to purchase a set or two.

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

Dog paw prints? Really? And just what kind of decor do you need in your bathroom for this to work? Au de'Petsmart?

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

kahluabomb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kahluabomb
chardonay wrote:Dog paw prints? Really? And just what kind of decor do you need in your bathroom for this to work? Au de'Petsmart?

Maybe you want to have a set of pet specific towels so you can dry them off in style?

Some people just really like animals.

butterflydddd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butterflydddd

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak
chardonay wrote:Dog paw prints? Really? And just what kind of decor do you need in your bathroom for this to work? Au de'Petsmart?

Ouch. Those are the ones I want. My bathroom is all beige and brown. And I love my dog (see left).

Serafyna

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Serafyna
ginbak wrote:Ouch. Those are the ones I want. My bathroom is all beige and brown. And I love my dog (see left).

More power to you Gin! I think that's a lot cooler then having generic "fish" and sea shells, which plenty of people don't question - but I've never understood the desire to make a bathroom feel like an aquarium.

islandtimeonly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages islandtimeonly
butterflydddd wrote:: D

Definitely adds perspective.. Thanks for the fun!!

rlfnlc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rlfnlc
tom1276 wrote:"does the packaging have a gsm (grams per square meter) rating? This would help me know the density of the weave and the quality of the towel.

500 gsm is average, over 700 is pretty thick, over 900 is rare..."

Without a gsm or thread count it is a crap shoot as to the quality of these towels. No way I am buying without more info. Maybe telling that this critical information is missing from the specs page... buyer beware.

I don't place much weight on thread count, since the thickness of a thread is not standardized. Using gsm doesn't ensure the item is well constructed, but it at least tells you the density of the material.

Lizndale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lizndale

Mine arrived today, I washed them cold, gentle, and the washer tub was lined with soppy clumps of thread. Hmmm. So into the drier on low, and towels came out with pills, pills, pills, pulled threads, and clumps of thread. I'll be writing customer service in the morning, and include pics. Incredibly disappointed.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Lizndale wrote:Mine arrived today, I washed them cold, gentle, and the washer tub was lined with soppy clumps of thread. Hmmm. So into the drier on low, and towels came out with pills, pills, pills, pulled threads, and clumps of thread. I'll be writing customer service in the morning, and include pics. Incredibly disappointed.

Sorry for the late reply and to hear about your purchase experience.

Please feel free to email Woot Member Services and they'll be glad to assist you with any questions or concerns you might have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

c6cole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages c6cole
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply and to hear about your purchase experience.

Please feel free to email Woot Member Services and they'll be glad to assist you with any questions or concerns you might have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

I had a similar problem -- When I received the set of towels there were many snags (1") and loops (1") hanging out. I haven't seen reports of this exact issue on either of the past threads that sold these towels. Apparently this isn't such a common problem?

Woot customer service said they will send a new set (Thank You!!) so once received I'll follow up on the quality. The towels do look nice (minus the defects) and function very well. I am in for another set next time they are for sale, assuming the quality is up to par on my replacement set.