WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Squirrel Brand Nuts

*squirrel noises* *showcases nuts, highlighting how delicious, affordable, and addictive they are* *more squirrel noises* *bad joke about nuts, vaguely dirty* *squirrel noises sounding suspiciously like a loser laughing alone at his own joke* *veiled threat or insult directed at buyer* *Woot namedrop* *some more squirrel noises*

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Cashew is a fun word to say but it always feels like you're sneezing. I wonder how well this brand would work in a nut brittle. Any thoughts?

I'm just hanging out, really.

wengerrn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wengerrn
inkycatz wrote:Cashew is a fun word to say but it always feels like you're sneezing. I wonder how well this brand would work in a nut brittle. Any thoughts?

In my experience, using pre-treated nuts in cooking, particularly in candy making, can be quite tricky. The coating that has already been applied to the nuts can make your recipe too oily and you end up with a greasy mess.

The website says that these are soft-candied, which might mean that their candy coatings are more suceptible to deterioration when heated (as you would need to to make nut brittle).

I would suggest buying a high-quality non-coated pecan and starting your brittle adventure from scratch.

dallaspeach

quality posts: 20 Private Messages dallaspeach

I got to taste a few of these and they are REALLY good!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dallaspeach wrote:I got to taste a few of these and they are REALLY good!

So definitely more of a snacking nut, good to know!

I'm just hanging out, really.

lmensor

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lmensor

I want the gold squirrel!! Too bad he's not for sale!

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot

Wow, a dollar (or more) per ounce for nuts, sugar and a sprinkle of spices! Folks, if you have a bowl and a working oven, stuff like this can be made quickly and easily at home. Google a recipe or two, hie yourself to Trader Joe's or Costco for some well-priced raw nuts, then whip up a few batches of homemade goodies that will impress and amaze your friends and family. A saran-wrapped mug topped with some ribbon makes a nice gift presentation, and you'll still be ahead money-wise.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Wait a second.. do these contain nuts or not? It warns they may contain nuts, which means there is a chance they may not contain nuts.

Can we get a refund if we get one of the non-nut packages? What can do to assure we get one of the ones WITH nuts?

synapt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synapt
NascarDad wrote:Wait a second.. do these contain nuts or not? It warns they may contain nuts, which means there is a chance they may not contain nuts.

Can we get a refund if we get one of the non-nut packages? What can do to assure we get one of the ones WITH nuts?

I admit I just lol'd when I saw that warning. So sad reality is we live in a world where a can of nuts needs a warning it has nuts.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Do these squirrel nuts come with a zipper?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...