0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 3002 Private Messages lichme

MJBrez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MJBrez

I bought one of these from Woot in November. It's been on in my bedroom/master bath (no heat ducts) pretty much every day for the last month. LOVE it! Definitely worth the $$.

SilentLegend

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SilentLegend

How are these price wise compared to the old central heat, with like a bar along a wall?

timthetortoise

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timthetortoise

Are these the ones built by Amish people? I want Amish-built electronics.

llamallamaduck

quality posts: 3 Private Messages llamallamaduck
timthetortoise wrote:Are these the ones built by Amish people? I want Amish-built electronics.

Does not compute.

nwmsujchaney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nwmsujchaney
SilentLegend wrote:How are these price wise compared to the old central heat, with like a bar along a wall?

It's comparable to baseboard heating for electric costs. For spot heating it's cheaper than whole home heating, it's not near as efficient as a newer home heater though.

This would best be used in a place you wanted a little extra heating or say a bedroom when you'd have the furnace turned down for the night.

timthetortoise

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timthetortoise
llamallamaduck wrote:Does not compute.

Probably because it's Amish-made.

yadawg11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yadawg11

$96 on amazon

TotalFark

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TotalFark
MJBrez wrote:I bought one of these from Woot in November. It's been on in my bedroom/master bath (no heat ducts) pretty much every day for the last month. LOVE it! Definitely worth the $$.

Does the unit get hot to the touch? I have little spawn-demons running around and I wouldn't want them to burn their little snowflake hands...

I am in no way related to TotalFark.Com

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

caveat emptor

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

mbphipps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbphipps
TotalFark wrote:Does the unit get hot to the touch? I have little spawn-demons running around and I wouldn't want them to burn their little snowflake hands...

Parents have two of these and in my experience they aren't hot enough to burn you on the exterior. I don't have spawn demon hands though so perhaps they could reach father into the unit. :-)

golf22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages golf22

I bought one a few woots ago and the grates the heat comes out of gets VERY HOT!!! I bought it for my little guys room thinking it was cool to the touch but was very wrong. makes lots of rattling noise and contacted woot but got no responce.

slander5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slander5
yadawg11 wrote:$96 on amazon

Wrong one - thats the Renew (only has a few buttons on the front). the correct one on amazon is about $119, I think

patwhatley2222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patwhatley2222

When they tell you it will heat up to 1500 square feet what they meant to say was that it would heat up to 1500 CUBIC feet. The unit barely puts out any heat, what you do get appears to come from a couple of elements in the front which amount to little more than what you'd get from a 1970's space heater. Even the manual that came with it tells you blatantly that it's not designed to heat your room, it's designed to help MAINTAIN the temperature of an already warm room.

sandig7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7

amazon has three 5 star ratings and five 1 star ratings. 5 star says it's energy efficient; 1 star says it uses a lot ("tripled my energy bill").

berkberk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berkberk

Bought one at last Woot off and it worked perfectly for exactly 1 time. Since then, it still puts out a little heat, but doesn't matter if it's eco/low or high... it all puts out the same amount of very little heat. Save your money!

steeeeevo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steeeeevo

I bought three last year. They are big but heat okay. They are quiet. I use them in combination with a woodburning stove. I use them in the three rooms farthest from our stove and I don't turn on my furnace the entire winter. They are great for that but will not heat a room on their own.

We also just bought a $23 Lasko space heater on Amazon. Also 1500w and I'd say it kicks out as much heat. If I had it to do over again, I probably would not have bought these giant pieces of furntiure and I would have gone with smaller units.

Steve Young