WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

William Bounds Pepper Mills

I'm going to teach you a cool dance move you can do with these. First, whack your most annoying friend with one. Then, wait for a bump to form. Finally, grind pepper on him. Congratulations; you have just completed the "Bump 'n Grind."

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

How often do you use your pepper mill? And if you don't have one - which of these are you thinking of getting?

I'm just hanging out, really.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

I've got a couple grinders like the square acrylic ones. I actually put magnets on the side and stuck them to my vent hood for easy cooking access.

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

You lika da peppa?

davemays123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages davemays123
inkycatz wrote:How often do you use your pepper mill? And if you don't have one - which of these are you thinking of getting?

I love fresh ground pepper and use my mill all of the time. I don't even keep pre-ground around anymore; it just isn't worth the 3 seconds you save by not having to twist a mill.

Bione

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Bione

There are only about two or three big pepper mill manufacturers in the world and William Bounds is one of them. They are known for being pretty high quality, even the acrylic (clear plastic) ones. That having been said, I trust wood and metal over plastic for this kind of application.

An important aspect for me is whether the grind granularity is adjustable. I one of those odd people who likes a really coarse grind, so I like an adjustable grinder. I'm not sure if all of these are adjustable or not.

lboban

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lboban

I'm going to buy a pepper mill just because the "Bound" joke made me laugh!

"no, Mr. Bound, I expect you to grind!". Best. Woot joke.ever.

mwitt08

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mwitt08

Can anyone comment on their "unique milling mechanism which operates by crushing rather than grinding the salt or peppercorns". Like dose it produce a consistent grind for all sizes? Last over time?

I find mills to be so frustrating. Finding the combination of grind consistency, grind adjustability, ease of use, durability, and cost is impossible. The main thing focused on is usually aesthetics which is at the bottom of my list.

I honestly don't know why its so hard, I mean it's not like the burr grinding mechanism has been around since 1874...

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal
mwitt08 wrote:Can anyone comment on their "unique milling mechanism which operates by crushing rather than grinding the salt or peppercorns". Like dose it produce a consistent grind for all sizes? Last over time?

I find mills to be so frustrating. Finding the combination of grind consistency, grind adjustability, ease of use, durability, and cost is impossible. The main thing focused on is usually aesthetics which is at the bottom of my list.

I honestly don't know why its so hard, I mean it's not like the burr grinding mechanism has been around since 1874...

Sounds like marketing hype to me. The all do a bit of crushing before they can get to the grinding. Just like making big rocks into little rocks.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

Just bought the Walnut Pepper Mill.Been looking at it for two days,thinking should I buy this,their was something about these I love,I guess when you go out to eat,and the waitress comes over with the Pepper Mill and does the grinding,it just seems so cool,now I will have are own.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Everyone needs a peppermill...much more impressive than ground pepper in a pepper shaker. The sight of one in your kitchen or on your table instantly makes you look like you're a good cook (even if you're not).

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
inkycatz wrote:How often do you use your pepper mill? And if you don't have one - which of these are you thinking of getting?

All the time at home and if we go out of town staying in accommodations that have a kitchen or a kitchenette, we pick up the disposable ones at the store when we are getting other groceries. You get used to it and you are just not going back to a pepper shaker. If you don't have one, get one or at least buy your pepper in disposable mill containers. You won't go back to the ultra fine and much less tasteful pepper shaker either.

dingurupa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dingurupa

These are very poor quality grinders! After 3-4 months of regular use the pepper grinder barely grinds anymore. A complete waste of money!