5%
9%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

greezyg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg

Ugh juicers. Just eat the fruit, at least you'll get the fiber.

lstaff

quality posts: 197 Private Messages lstaff

How do you pour the juice out of the container without pouring the pulp out, too (which, if it plops into your glass [and not onto the countertop], would defeat the whole point of a juicer)?????????

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Some of the vendor photos make the silver unit look white. You will get silver.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

$350 on Amazon in white without the recipe book.Mixed reviews.
5 star:
(54)
4 star:
(14)
3 star:
(5)
2 star:
(8)
1 star:
(19)

http://www.amazon.com/Hurom-HU-100-Slow-Juicer-White/dp/B002TUU392/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355292759&sr=8-1&keywords=hurom+slow+juicer

Swedaro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Swedaro

Why would I want to wait for my juice?

doomtothee

quality posts: 47 Private Messages doomtothee

Juicers use so much fruit! You need like 10 apples for one cup of apple juice. But it is a lot of fun and helps you get down some of the grosser tasting fruits/veggies by letting you drink of their power and swallow it as opposed to suffering through munching them down for an hour.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
doomtothee wrote:Juicers use so much fruit! You need like 10 apples for one cup of apple juice. But it is a lot of fun and helps you get down some of the grosser tasting fruits/veggies by letting you drink of their power and swallow it as opposed to suffering through munching them down for an hour.

You lose the fiber which is one of the best benefits of fruits and vegetables. Also, clean up is not "a lot of fun".

alectheviking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alectheviking

Slow juicing is a honorable past-time; remember when people used to do it too fast - ludicrous!

Miele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Miele

I got this juicer last time it was up (in black) and i absolutely love it. Its not as speedy as some of the centrifigual models, but it puts out juice at a relatively good clip. It just moves at a slower rpm and squishes the juice out with a central auger instead of slicing it up with lots of blades. The resulting juice is some of the best ive ever had, definitely better than some of the faster, blade using models that cause the juice to aerate and separate.

Moo

CowboyDann

quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann

Who was asking for the user manual? Is what I would say if someone was looking for this User manual

psumek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek
dliidlii wrote:You lose the fiber which is one of the best benefits of fruits and vegetables. Also, clean up is not "a lot of fun".

Concur about the fiber, but this one cleans up easily assuming you don't let it dry. Then the sugary pulp glues itself to the filters.

It is the best for wheatgrass. Much better than the jack lalaine varietals.

Sparhawk2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sparhawk2k
psumek wrote:Concur about the fiber, but this one cleans up easily assuming you don't let it dry. Then the sugary pulp glues itself to the filters.

It is the best for wheatgrass. Much better than the jack lalaine varietals.

I don't think it's a given that all fiber is good for you in all quantities. I've heard that one of the advantages of juicing over blending is that the amount of fiber (of that type) that you get can be harsh on your stomach.

I'm curious how this compares to similar juicers of this type though. I was looking at another similar juicer for $300 but I'm not sure yet...

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 43 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

These slow juicers are good if you want to make juice out of berries and leafy greens, like spinach and kale. Centrifugal juicers won't get much juice out of those types of things. Centrifugal juicers are WAY faster, though, and if you just want to make carrot (with perhaps some celery or apple) juice, or pineapple juice, then I think centrifugal juicers are easier, just because they're way faster and way cheaper, too. I'll probably get a slow juicer, sometime, but I think for the amount I'd use it, it would be a waste, right now. I probably juice more citrus than anything else and I've got a kick-butt citrus juicer for that. Groupon had slow juicer recently of a brand that I didn't recognize, but it basically did the same thing as this one (looked similar too) and it was only like $129, which is the cheapest I've ever seen a slow juicer for. Hopefully, that same brand will start popping up for similar prices and possibly force brands like Huron and Omega to be more competitively priced. I absolutely cannot see any reason why a juicer like this should be $300+.

Edit: The one on Groupon was $109. Hmmm...I think I missed the boat on that one. Maybe, they'll have the deal again. http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-dash-squeeze-juicer

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 43 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Looks like Fagor makes slow juicer, too, and it's cheaper. Never really heard of Hurom, before last year, but Fagor is a name that I've come to trust. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fagor-Slow-Juicer-670041650-/110944273986?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item19d4cb4642

lstaff

quality posts: 197 Private Messages lstaff
lstaff wrote:How do you pour the juice out of the container without pouring the pulp out, too (which, if it plops into your glass [and not onto the countertop], would defeat the whole point of a juicer)?????????

oh, i see, in the manual: two collecting vessels. In my picture it looked like just one.

Now i want some juice!! (had homemade applesauce tonight, that's sorta the same thing, right???)

I cannot buy this product because if i did DH would turn orange from juicing carrots. Seriously.When we had a bread machine, he used it EVERY DAY FOR OVER A YEAR!!!

So, no oompa loompa machine for us!

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12

while getting fiber in your diet is a good thing, it should be noted that fiber also soaks up *some* vitamins/minerals/good stuff contained in the fruits and vegetables. If one is considering using a juicer, he/she should also be sure to actually eat some of the products they juice.

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

The discussion should be about centrifugal juicers vs. slow juicers. Centrifugal juicers are faster, loud as a vacuum cleaner and cost a lot less. The Hurom juicer requires more prep work in the form of chopping veggies and fruit but produces more juice in the end. You can carry on a conversation with a slow juicer. You get more juice from the leafy vegetables. You can use the pulp of either juicer in soups, breads, or anything else you can think of.

gossy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gossy

As someone with an autoimmune disease that effects my digestive system, I have to say that juice (and I don't mean apple, I'm talking green and fresh pressed multi-fruit/veggie juice) is amazing for me. Fiber, the hardest thing to digest, is removed, and my system can get all the nutrients of fruits and veggies with super easy digestion. Score!

I've had both a masticating and centrifugal juicer. Both had their issues and I found myself spending almost equal the amount of time making juice. Masticating juicers require more prep but I found mine was much easier to clean than the centrifugal. Centrifugal I could just throw everything in without much prep at all, but it was super messy and big and beastly to clean. I also found myself going back to my masticating juicer because I liked the juice output a lot more. I purchased some of the fancier, name brand, high quality machines too.

If you're the type who wants freshly made fruit, veggie, and green juices, an investment in this type and brand of juicer is a good one. This machine should last for ages and will improve your health too!

globaldev

quality posts: 1 Private Messages globaldev

i have a similar model made by omega (vrt 350) and this machine is pretty sweet. it's not a centrifugal like a breville, it mashes the fruit/vegetables against a mesh screen (omega came with 2 mesh screens. It's a piece of cake to clean and other than really fibrous stuff, food doesn't need to be cut all that small.

I also have a vitamix blender too and can tell you, too much fiber is not a great thing.

i rarely use more than one or one and a half apples in the juices that i make. usually it's just half a granny smith or a honey crisp. however, i eat a honey crisp or pink lady rather than juice it.

usually it's some carrot, grapes, mango, ginger, lemon, kale, cucumber, celery, spinach, beets, oranges, parley etc.

niftyfifty

quality posts: 13 Private Messages niftyfifty

It's not all or nothing, folks! I juice AND eat whole fruits and veggies.You can take a huge plate full of veggies and drink them,but your stomach could never hold that amount. It's all about nutrition. I have a Breville at present but this looks interesting....

kkd01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kkd01
greezyg wrote:Ugh juicers. Just eat the fruit, at least you'll get the fiber.

Agreed ... Fiber is one of the important parts of the consumption of fruit .... Besides, you have to reeeeeealy like Juice to pay $300 to make it at home. Ill wait for Keurig to make a k-cup.

sacjeanie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sacjeanie
alectheviking wrote:Slow juicing is a honorable past-time; remember when people used to do it too fast - ludicrous!

That was hilarious!

teixeirarosa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teixeirarosa

I remember hearing it that you juice your veggies and blend your fruits.
I'm sure other people will chime in regarding oxidation. You get less oxidation with the slow masticating juicers so you can actually save it for later instead drinking it immediately when you use a centrifugal juicer.

Hurom and Omega are made by the same factory yet Omega has a 10/15 year warranty (depending on model) and Hurom has a 1 year on parts.

Here's a video comparing a masticating juicer that's pretty close to this one and the Breville centrifugal juicer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5lmPOxa8WM

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

For that price, I'd expect it to juice quickly.

hoferty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoferty

The REAL difference between slow juicers and centrifugal is which one retains the most nutrients from whatever you are juicing. Centrifugal juicers are faster, but because of this they heat up and destroy the enzymes of the foods you are eating at a much faster rate. Slow juicers like this Hurom juice much more slowly and retain more of the nutrients from whatever product you are juicing.

www.discountjuicers.com has a PLETHORA of information and videos on almost every juicer out there. Personally I would buy an Omega because their warranty is BY FAR superior to Hurom's, but don't take my word for it, check it out.

upsidehound

quality posts: 5 Private Messages upsidehound
niftyfifty wrote:It's not all or nothing, folks! I juice AND eat whole fruits and veggies.You can take a huge plate full of veggies and drink them,but your stomach could never hold that amount. It's all about nutrition. I have a Breville at present but this looks interesting....

I agree. I like juice in the morning instead of coffee (sometimes, anyway) and before a workout. I also use juice with my Soda Stream.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 35 Private Messages Pufferfishy
greezyg wrote:Ugh juicers. Just eat the fruit, at least you'll get the fiber.

But Dr. Oz says this is da bomb. So it must be.

DaZoneRanger wrote:Looks like Fagor makes slow juicer, too, and it's cheaper. Never really heard of Hurom, before last year, but Fagor is a name that I've come to trust.

Yeah - like the awesome Fagor pots & pans I got from Woot! that has loose handles on every piece after about 5 uses.
Fagor is a name I have come to trust.....to suck.

Unless you have a medical condition that calls for it - just eat your fruits and vegetables. If you've drunk the bio-hazardous waste on "juice diets" (you know, where you drink all the carbs of the juice while you starve for anything else) you should educate yourself a little more on nutrition.

I use and recommend Precision Nutrition

You've been put on posting probation for this post

mansheets

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mansheets

i use the Omega Vert 350 (exact same as this Hurom) twice daily! absolutely love it. I have a friend who uses the Hurom twice daily and loves it as well! its really pretty simple to clean, 5-10 mins

I'm not going to touch the centrifugal vs. masticating juicing debate, for that go to discountjuicers.com

michael2255

This morning my Hurom juicer made about 32 ounces using blackberries, strawberries, honey crisp apples, Granny Smiths, two bananas, an orange, a lime, a lemon, two kiwis, a little spinach, a little kale and two carrots to push it all through. The sugar rush in the morning negates the need for coffee. It takes about 30 minutes from start to dish rack. If you want your juice faster then stop at Publix and pay $3 for a bottle of berry boost.

Goosedude

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Goosedude

Wow....this is the definition of a Worldwide Catastrophe.....this thing has been up for like 9 hours.

-------------
WOOT! WOOOOT!!

curtise

quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise
Goosedude wrote:Wow....this is the definition of a Worldwide Catastrophe.....this thing has been up for like 9 hours.

You do realise that the Woot-off on home.woot has ended, right?
-=C=-

kschoenberg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kschoenberg
dliidlii wrote:$350 on Amazon in white without the recipe book.Mixed reviews.
5 star:
(54)
4 star:
(14)
3 star:
(5)
2 star:
(8)
1 star:
(19)

http://www.amazon.com/Hurom-HU-100-Slow-Juicer-White/dp/B002TUU392/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355292759&sr=8-1&keywords=hurom+slow+juicer

If you read some of those reviews and their replies it appears this unit has a lot of problems with cracks. I'm going to pass on this one. a problem is almost never a bargain.

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

This guy may seem a little nutty but he has a ton of great videos with advice on how to get the most from your slow juicer. Make sure to check out his "best Practices" video about the Omega Vert (same juicer as the Hurom with a different shell) https://www.youtube.com/user/rawfoods

This things isn't really designed for fruits. It will do a great job juicing them but what you really want to juice with it are Carrots, Kale, Spinach, Celery, Cucumber Etc. It also gives you more of the nutrients from juicing because it doesn't instantly oxidize your with a fast spinning blade.

In one of the videos he shows you how to make a banana "sorbet" with frozen bananas and your slow juicer.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

Important question for Woot Staff! Does this juicer have the "Ultem Juicing Screen"?

It's much more durable and has no cracking issues.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

Weezmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Weezmeister

If you've ever though about a juicer, this appears to be a great unit. I have a different brand but it's the same concept (slow turning auger).
Ideally, you could eat 15 lbs of fruit & veggies every day to ensure you absorb enough vitamins and nutrients.
For the rest of us, juicing is a viable alternative. Low RPM juicers are beneficial as high RPM machines produce much more heat and friction, adversely affecting the nutrients.
MUST READS - Google "juicing" for more qualified opinions on why and how to proceed. You'll also come across recipes for making palatable juices, and how you can use the dry pulp.

sandenscot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandenscot

Why is the warranty only one year, I am seeing Hurom comes with a 2 year warranty and 10years on motor?

michael2255

The models made after 2011 use a different plastic that's "unbreakable" absent user abuse. Discountjuicers.com has tons of videos on this and other juicers. The author is fairly obsessed with fresh veggies, juicing and blending.

kschoenberg wrote:If you read some of those reviews and their replies it appears this unit has a lot of problems with cracks. I'm going to pass on this one. a problem is almost never a bargain.

cdubbya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdubbya

Anyone know where this thing is made? That's also an important factor to consider.

jgonz120

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgonz120

Anyone know if this is dish washer safe?