0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mkiisupraman18

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mkiisupraman18

I hope these have great reviews... I've got a stash of coffee beans that would make a doomsday prepper jealous and this would keep me from investing in those stupid K-Cups.

*fingers crossed*

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

Damn you Woot. I finally decided that I didn't need to spend $200 on this thing and removed it from my Amazon wishlist. Now I have to buy it. THANKS A LOT!!

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

That coffee pot is gorgeous. Really. If I had $140 to spare and didn't already have a great coffee pot, I would be all over this.

But... I just don't want to have to explain such a purchase to the hubby.

HURRAY for whomever is lucky enough to get this.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Pretty darn good reviews on Amazon, 4 star average with almost 130 reviews.

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

hmpdeehmp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hmpdeehmp
pupyluvr wrote:Crate & Barrel offers the matching Breville Smart Coffee Grinder for $199.95. Coupon code "SAVE25" cuts that to $149.96 with $4.95 for shipping... coupon expires December 18.

Dealnews

You can get up and enjoy a $300+ cup of coffee every morning.

The coffee maker comes with an integrated burr grinder already. =)

psumek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek
mkiisupraman18 wrote:I hope these have great reviews... I've got a stash of coffee beans that would make a doomsday prepper jealous and this would keep me from investing in those stupid K-Cups.

*fingers crossed*

Yeah these are good, but I'm always sketch with internal grinders. Never met one that didn't make a mess or wasn't a pain to clean. Of course it is a Breville, so you know it is made like a tank.

antikid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages antikid

just bought one of these and got it today, thanks amazon.
it will be getting returned since this one is $70 cheaper!!
really good deal here even if it is refurb

will this arrive by xmas??
it doesnt say like the other woot sites so i assume maybe?

prttymf8

Good video showing the Breville in action and highlighting the features.

Misguided

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Misguided

FYI, according to the Breville website, the carafe is 60 ounces (5 ounce cups). I have wished for years that Capresso would make something in their Coffee Team Plus line with a 12 cup capacity. What's more, I believe they go by a 4.5 ounce cup, so this Breville 12 cup actually has 33% higher capacity than the Capresso 10 cup. I also like that the hopper holds 8 ounces of beans.

I've had good luck with a Breville Panini press, but not with one of their toasters, but this is too good to pass up.

In for one!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

antikid wrote:will this arrive by xmas??
it doesnt say like the other woot sites so i assume maybe?

No promises. You can look for the tag on the main sites to see if an item will make it in time.

UPDATE: looks like they've updated the photo to show that it will arrive in time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pfajardo19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19
hmpdeehmp wrote:The coffee maker comes with an integrated burr grinder already. =)

Save some $$$ not having to buy a separate burr grinder. Does anyone know if the burr grinder has a adjuster to change the type of grind. This a must have since the it greatly affects the taste. Internal burr grinders scare me..Didn't see any adjustment dial in the pictures..On the edge..

come2thedarkside

prttymf8

pfajardo19 wrote:Save some $$$ not having to buy a separate burr grinder. Does anyone know if the burr grinder has a adjuster to change the type of grind. This a must have since the it greatly affects the taste. Internal burr grinders scare me..Didn't see any adjustment dial in the pictures..On the edge..

As far as I can tell there is no way to adjust the grind.

Jdboeddeker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jdboeddeker

I like the look and what i can do but I'm not a fan of the noise. Does anyone know if when you put the (Pre-ground) coffee in does it make that LOUD grinding noise?

Jeffrey D. Boeddeker

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum
Jdboeddeker wrote:I like the look and what i can do but I'm not a fan of the noise. Does anyone know if when you put the (Pre-ground) coffee in does it make that LOUD grinding noise?

The grinder is preset to the optimal size and can be turned off when
using pre-ground coffee.

Misguided

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Misguided
prttymf8 wrote:As far as I can tell there is no way to adjust the grind.

I didn't see one either. I almost never use that adjustment on the Capresso we have now, so I figured we could live without in exchange for the larger capacity.

According to the manual, one of the settings when you select brew strength is for pre-ground coffee. This disables the grinder. See the note on the bottom of page 15.

drxo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drxo

Does this come with a gold-tone filter and a cleaning brush?

The Woot listing mentions only the coffee maker and carafe, but the Breville site says new ones also come with the filter and brush. Any brush could clean it, but not any permanent filter would fit it.

The Doc

prttymf8

drxo wrote:Does this come with a gold-tone filter and a cleaning brush?

The Woot listing mentions only the coffee maker and carafe, but the Breville site says new ones also come with the filter and brush. Any brush could clean it, but not any permanent filter would fit it.

From the specs "•Gold Tone Filter
•Cleaning Brush for Grinder
•Coffee Chute"

snowboardrfun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowboardrfun

I have this coffee maker and love it. It comes with a gold filter or you can use a paper filter. if has a built in burr grinder that you can not adjust but you can adjust the taste and how strong the coffee is. You can also use a paper filter if you prefer. The burr grinder is loud where i am scared it will wake up my baby but it could be worse. So far i am very happy. Also with the built in burr grinder it has a stop where it will not allow steam in the coffee. Overall i really love this product.

crystalrowan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrowan

Holy Crap! It does exist!! I have been searching for a coffee maker for over a year that combined the following features: built in grinder, thermal carafe and 12 cup capacity. And I had despaired that such a thing existed. Merry Christmas to me!

prttymf8

Is there a zero day shipping option? I want it now!

bleepbloop

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bleepbloop

Oh my God, what is wrong with me? I want this thing and I have a Nespresso CitiZ with milk, a brand new drip machine I bought because my Mom-in-law is coming and she won't drink "real" coffee, several French presses an electric moka pot and 2 - yes that's two BRAND NEW and free Nespresso machines I got for from Amazon Vine to test (I am going to do a 3 way test) and yet, I want this...I'm sick, I'm an addict...must look away.

...anybody want a peanut?

Lars1y

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lars1y

I have had one for about 6 months and love it! Know that if you like weaker coffee you can just add the amount of beans in the hopper and let her rip. The weakest setting is a bit to strong for us so I just measure out however much coffee i want ground each morning and then enjoy a splendid cup of coffee. This is the best coffee pot I have ever had that has a grinder attached.

prttymf8

bleepbloop wrote:Oh my God, what is wrong with me? I want this thing and I have a Nespresso CitiZ with milk, a brand new drip machine I bought because my Mom-in-law is coming and she won't drink "real" coffee, several French presses an electric moka pot and 2 - yes that's two BRAND NEW and free Nespresso machines I got for from Amazon Vine to test (I am going to do a 3 way test) and yet, I want this...I'm sick, I'm an addict...must look away.

You know what's going to happen. At around noon this thing is going to sell out and you'll just be staring at the gray button regretting your decision. I've been there. It's like a Woot induced PTSD.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

I read the specs but am not sure which one is the height. 16 inches is too tall for under my cabinets.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

slm9951 wrote:I read the specs but am not sure which one is the height. 16 inches is too tall for under my cabinets.

Williams-Sonoma, BestBuy, and Seattle Coffee Gear say it's 16.25" high.

I'll get it confirmed for our specs but that's probably a good verification.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
prttymf8 wrote:You know what's going to happen. At around noon this thing is going to sell out and you'll just be staring at the gray button regretting your decision. I've been there. It's like a Woot induced PTSD.

Good point because that sh*t happens to me all the time here on Woot. Mostly on 'Woot Off' days when there is something I want that is a regular all day or until sellout item and I keep hoping for something else (on Woot Off)to show up so I can unlock free shipping. Either nothing shows up that I am interested in or if it does by then the item I wanted in the first place has sold out! So, I lose what I wanted by waiting to spend more money so I can save $5??? Face slap! The other scenario is I am really interested so I do what I think is a very quick web search to compare prices making sure it is the best deal. Of course, after spending that 5 or less minutes doing the search I come back to see those dreaded words, "SOLD OUT".

Worse yet, I am sure I am destined to do it again.

sanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanmo

Really interested in upgrading my coffee-making technology and like Breville products, but this thing is huge. At 16.25" tall, it's too big to go on the counter under the kitchen cabinets. Where do most folks put them?

zandorrr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zandorrr

Like the reviews a lot but a couple of things:

1. Not sure how well the the grinder mechanism will last. I ve usually found that the more complicated a device is, the greater the odds of it failing after warranty.

2. Also...refurbished? I m not sure how much I like using someone else's old coffeemaker! (even if they had it for less than a year)

pvente

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pvente

I bought this about 6 months ago for $200. This is the best coffee maker I have ever had by a long shot. I used to have a Capresso with integrated grinder. The Breville is much better. If I needed a new one, I would not hesitate one second with this deal.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
zandorrr wrote:Like the reviews a lot but a couple of things:

1. Not sure how well the the grinder mechanism will last. I ve usually found that the more complicated a device is, the greater the odds of it failing after warranty.

2. Also...refurbished? I m not sure how much I like using someone else's old coffeemaker! (even if they had it for less than a year)

On point one, Certainly to make it simple, the more there is to it, the more there is to fail. I also have another theory. New in Box or Refurbished, I think most of us have a gremlin hiding in our homes that while we sleep, breaks things just after warranties run out.

Point two certainly could be a concern but it also important to know it is not always an item that got used, broke, and then repaired. If a customer returns something to the store because they don' like it, (gift they don't want or need) it can no longer be sold as new. Some get sold as used in the same store, some get sent back to the factory where they are checked out, boxed, and then sold as 'refurbished'. It still becomes a roll of the dice regardless if new or refurbished. The real determination is, how much is the discount and does that make it worth it?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn
psumek wrote:Yeah these are good, but I'm always sketch with internal grinders. Never met one that didn't make a mess or wasn't a pain to clean. Of course it is a Breville, so you know it is made like a tank.

I've owned internal grinders off and on over the past 30 years. Agreed: pain to clean. Also, they waste coffee by not being able to grind for drip as the paperless filter would clog. They used a coarser grind and (in my opinion) extraction is not as good.

You KNOW you will get up in the morning and say, "Shucks, I forgot to clean it last night!"

I challenge anyone to tell the difference between a cup of coffee made with this model versus one made with a simple blade grinder, and a $25 drip maker.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

bleepbloop wrote:Oh my God, what is wrong with me? I want this thing and I have a Nespresso CitiZ with milk, a brand new drip machine I bought because my Mom-in-law is coming and she won't drink "real" coffee, several French presses an electric moka pot and 2 - yes that's two BRAND NEW and free Nespresso machines I got for from Amazon Vine to test (I am going to do a 3 way test) and yet, I want this...I'm sick, I'm an addict...must look away.

To complete you collection, you need an automatic, fully electronic Turkish Coffee maker (Brand: Beko) designed and made in Turkey and award winning. Almost no moving parts and controlled by a blue LED and a sensor!!

I am not making this up! It's my "product of the year" on my site (not than anyone will care!).

annabrk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabrk
Jdboeddeker wrote:I like the look and what i can do but I'm not a fan of the noise. Does anyone know if when you put the (Pre-ground) coffee in does it make that LOUD grinding noise?

Yup. You can use pre ground coffee. Takes a little trial and error to get the kinda complicated settings just right. though honestly, i like my grind better than the grind produced by the breville. I usually use the coffeemaker for smaller batches and have great luck using my own pre ground beans. Getting it just right for your personal taste, whether per ground or whole bean takes a little doing.

Hilbe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hilbe

Anyone doing the Square Trade warranty? I've had a few coffee makers only last a year or so lately, so I'm considering it...

radi0j0hn

annabrk wrote:Yup. You can use pre ground coffee. Takes a little trial and error to get the kinda complicated settings just right. though honestly, i like my grind better than the grind produced by the breville. I usually use the coffeemaker for smaller batches and have great luck using my own pre ground beans. Getting it just right for your personal taste, whether per ground or whole bean takes a little doing.

If (a) the noise of grinding bothers you and (b) you will use pre-ground coffee, then (c) why not get a nice standard machine without a grinder?

teegyb23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teegyb23

I just purchased this exact coffee pot from bed bath and paid 275$ we've had it a month and I think it's the best coffee pot for in home use!!! No need for k-cups brew one cup or a whole pot! It tastes great and is easy!

drxo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drxo
prttymf8 wrote:From the specs "•Gold Tone Filter
•Cleaning Brush for Grinder
•Coffee Chute"

They are NOT listed as "included accessories" nor "in the box" in the Woot specs, only as "accessories" (as of 7:30 AM PST). In contrast, on the Breville site, under specs, they are SPECIFICALLY "included". Also at Breville, under just "accessories", those pieces carry an additional price, putting a premium on that word "included". I, for one, want to know why there is this discrepancy, i.e. why not "in the box". Long-time wooters would agree - check such details and leave nothing to chance!

That said, Woot has always been fabulous at making things right, either altering the listing to be clearer, shipping extra parts, or cancelling / refunding. Someone usually seems to read these discussions and notice things (a growing job, given the # of sub-sites). This isn't like some of those copy-cat one-per-day sites where they make half their profit from intentionally hiding such details of not-included items (e.g. Daily Checkout). I have confidence in Woot, just making details clear.

(Update: I saw that the filter is described as included in the features description, but there is a history here of such description pages being copy-pasted from manufacturers' sites without being representative (VERY infrequent, but has happened). Again, just checking details and discrepancies.)

The Doc

driesz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages driesz

I dropped almost $300 on one of these a couple months ago after I broke the glass pot on my old coffee maker for the umpteenth time. It's got great features: a variety of brewing options, good thermal carafe, timer, pretty easy to clean.

It made the worst pot of coffee I've ever tasted.

I like a robust, strong cup of coffee. But even when I dialed the strength setting *all the way down*, it was still WAY too strong. And I know that new plastics can impart a taste to hot food/drink that they are in contact with, but even after pushing ten pots-worth of boiling water through this thing, the coffee still tasted like it was brewed inside a burning tire.

Thankfully, the retailer I bought it from had a generous return policy and took it back without any drama.

smoberg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages smoberg

I've owned this machine for about 6 months now and I have the opposite opinion. It makes a fantastic cup of coffee>
I preheat my mug or caraffe before brewing and I use high quality beans. It takes a few tries to get it dialed in where you want it but it's then highly consistent.

I have a prosumer espresso machine (Rocket Cellini Evoluzione) but only I use it. When I'm not home and the wife wants a cup, she uses this.

I'm sorta like Jimmy in Pulp Fiction. My wife buys crap beans from the grocery store and her coffee from this machine is awful.
I buy that gourmet #$%! and the coffee from this machine is outstanding.

Most people complain about coffee quality being the machine and often times it is but this machine preheats, steeps, has a consistent grind and water temp is spot on.

We like ours.