WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Blue Christmas

Oooh, I gots the blues, I gots the Christmas family blues; my family's coming and that ain't my kinda news. Oooh, I gots the blues, I gots the Christmas family blues, Mom and Pop and that cousin with the real short fuse. Ooh, I gots the blues, I gots the Christmas family blues, but at least Woot's got cheap blue goods for me to use.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's your favorite color?

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
inkycatz wrote:What's your favorite color?

Inky, do these ship in time for christmas?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

LTSami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LTSami

They sold the same item on their Amazon site for $15.99 Nov.22 with free shipping, so now it's $9.00 more once you add shipping! Very disappointing Woot.
http://dealnews.com/Pyrex-18-Piece-Food-Storage-Set-with-Lids-for-16-free-shipping-via-Prime/638062.html

jboof314

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jboof314

This reminds me a lot of that scene from Weird Science where everything in the house turns blue.

inkycatz

North316 wrote:Inky, do these ship in time for christmas?

I'm going to advise if you're looking at a particular item to consider two things:
1. ordering sooner vs later (like not waiting until the last day of the sale)
2. upgrading your shipping

Generally, due to the way sales are extended out over several days in the Plus section, what may be true for shipping on Friday (like "it'll arrive most likely") may not hold true on Monday or Tuesday even though the sale is still going on. That's why the "in time for Christmas" tags are generally absent.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
inkycatz wrote:I'm going to advise if you're looking at a particular item to consider two things:
1. ordering sooner vs later (like not waiting until the last day of the sale)
2. upgrading your shipping

Generally, due to the way sales are extended out over several days in the Plus section, what may be true for shipping on Friday (like "it'll arrive most likely") may not hold true on Monday or Tuesday even though the sale is still going on. That's why the "in time for Christmas" tags are generally absent.

I bought today, and won't be greatly affected if it arrives in time or not, was just curious. Thanks as always, Robo-Cat.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

turtlegir1

quality posts: 34 Private Messages turtlegir1

Dear Woot!
Please be careful packaging these Pyrex sets. I ordered the 19-piece set that you had last week (but, sadly, from the A-named parent company), and it arrived with at least 1 bowl broken. All they had done was put the Pyrex box in another cardboard box and ship - no bags of air, etc. I hope Wooters have a better experience from Woot than me and my poor decision-making skills.

inkycatz

turtlegir1 wrote:Dear Woot!
Please be careful packaging these Pyrex sets. I ordered the 19-piece set that you had last week (but, sadly, from the A-named parent company), and it arrived with at least 1 bowl broken. All they had done was put the Pyrex box in another cardboard box and ship - no bags of air, etc. I hope Wooters have a better experience from Woot than me and my poor decision-making skills.

Please contact support@woot.com regarding your broken Pyrex. We want to make this right for you.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
turtlegir1 wrote:Dear Woot!

just for clarification, were did you purchase the item? not from woot, but from another company?

turtlegir1

quality posts: 34 Private Messages turtlegir1
Figit090 wrote:just for clarification, were did you purchase the item? not from woot, but from another company?

Yes, hence my () in the previous post about buying it from Amazon...I was actually saying that I'm pretty sure Woot will do better

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

I bought a blue Cuisinart enameled dutch oven a couple of years ago. I'm very happy with it.

Mine is the 7 quart model, but the design and color are the same. And it cost $10 less!

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
jboof314 wrote:This reminds me a lot of that scene from Weird Science where everything in the house turns blue.

I was reminded of that movie last week when watching a Blu-ray Alien set I just got. The commentary Aliens said this was the break-out role for Bill Paxton, but we all know that was Chet in Weird Science.

tafoxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tafoxx

The Cuisinart is $5 more on Amazon... also listed as "$290 retail".
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-2009CHB-Processor-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B001413A0Q

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks
inkycatz wrote:What's your favorite color?

Puke green!

I am not responsible for this post.

melissahunter2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissahunter2000

What the heck? I paid $40 for the Fagor pan a few months back. Now it's $20?

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
turtlegir1 wrote:Yes, hence my () in the previous post about buying it from Amazon...I was actually saying that I'm pretty sure Woot will do better

I've ordered from Woot and gotten things in Amazon packaging with Woot only showing up on the shipping label. I've never had an issue with how things were shipped, though. That being said, I purchased 2 different Pyrex sets from Woot and they arrived in perfect condition.

jlo0812

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlo0812
craigthom wrote:I bought a blue Cuisinart enameled dutch oven a couple of years ago. I'm very happy with it.

Mine is the 7 quart model, but the design and color are the same. And it cost $10 less!

Where were you able to nab one for $10 less? Inquiring minds wanna know!
When search on other websites I'm getting $99 for the dutch oven

mwitt08

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mwitt08

I have ordered pyrex mixing bowls from woot about a month ago. They did ship it just in a box without bubble wrap or anything, but nothing broke. I could imagine some might not be so lucky.

I also own the Cuisinart in the 11 cup version (not from woot). Looks identical with identical attachments. I love the shredding and slicing. When done right you can julian potatoes to make shoestring french fries that are wonderful... would take hours normally and done in 10 min. Handy for prepping lots of veggies. It wont give you a consistent chop on things like nuts but I doubt any would. Great for pureeing soups and dips (love hummus). Highly recommended.

galaxiekat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galaxiekat

i just got my pyrex bowls--much faster than i thought. however, they're not blue. is this an oversight, or intentional?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

galaxiekat wrote:i just got my pyrex bowls--much faster than i thought. however, they're not blue. is this an oversight, or intentional?

Uhm, uh-oh. They should have looked just like the picture. Please email support@woot.com so they can help you out. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jeremystrait

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeremystrait
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm, uh-oh. They should have looked just like the picture. Please email support@woot.com so they can help you out. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes - mine, too. I guess the color isn't functional in the kitchen, but I would have preferred the blue lids, as advertised, and specified with blue lids, as in: A BLUE CHRISTMAS.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin
jeremystrait wrote:Yes - mine, too. I guess the color isn't functional in the kitchen, but I would have preferred the blue lids, as advertised, and specified with blue lids, as in: A BLUE CHRISTMAS.

I also got the pack with multi-colored lids. It's not a big deal to me so I wasn't about to make a stink over it.

I do need to get with Pyrex, though, because the set was missing one of the small bowl lids, and had an extra of the medium-small bowl lid instead.